Author Topic: wingman tactics  (Read 5598 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: wingman tactics
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2011, 10:53:51 PM »
How's that, Cap?  Not trying to start an argument, just curios.   :salute

no problem.........i understand.

from what i can tell, he's a pretty straightforward/tell-it-like he sees it kinda guy. doesn't seem to troll, or fish,..,,,,,just says what he thinks. that is somethig to be admired in my opinion.
 i don't think he'd ever bs us about anything in there either. i almost think you guys got off on the wrong foot. so switch feet, and try again.  :devil :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2011, 10:57:31 PM »
How's that, Cap?  Not trying to start an argument, just curios.   :salute

let me answer that one..... he brings a good hearted fight to the mix.....

ya'll really shouldn't argue over your difference of opinions...... heck, I posted in my reply above that I thought both you Puma, and ink, were both right in what ya'll originally posted, but wrong just the same....

neither of you can tell the other what each of you are capable of doing in each of your own cartoon planes...... if you was able to do so, you would both be the same person... <grin>

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2011, 11:00:22 PM »

ya'll really shouldn't argue over your difference of opinions...... heck, I posted in my reply above that I thought both you Puma, and ink, were both right in what ya'll originally posted, but wrong just the same....

neither of you can tell the other what each of you are capable of doing in each of your own cartoon planes...... if you was able to do so, you would both be the same person... <grin>

i dunno why, but your final statement makes me think of this......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYlJH81dSiw
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2011, 11:01:24 PM »
i dunno why, but your final statement makes me think of this......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYlJH81dSiw

ROFL... there ya go
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2011, 11:26:40 PM »

Oh, don't get me wrong.  My intention is to contribute to a better AvA environment.  I'll be the first to back anyone's right to spend $14.95 how they want.  I enjoy the AvA and the ability to "fly" in a near real world tactical environment.  But, the lame response to my "Lose sight, Lose fight" quote shows a lack knowledge and even less ability to simply keep an open mind and consider another's opinion without taking cheap shots.   :salute
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:28:14 PM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2011, 01:22:58 AM »
Let's kick him out of the sandbox.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2011, 02:33:02 AM »
It is going to take different styles of play to make the arena into something that would compete with the 3 country arenas.  Ink's style sounds like it would gel with most anybody that I currently know that flies the arena, if there were low numbers.

Puma's style is well suited to be challenging to AvA squads and team oriented tasks.  I personally, am the most gratified when I am engaged in a huge furball with lots of cooperation on both sides with everyone staying engaged.

Will I taunt a player who slides away from main action to keep to themselves, yes.  Is that person, wrong for spending their 14.95 to use the AvA to test Dueling skills, no. 

Until, we reach the 200 player cap for the arena, we have plenty of room for JUST ABOUT anyone.

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2011, 04:35:26 AM »
Ink is obviously wrong and can't admit it.

If that doesn't make him fit in on an internet chat board about an internet game, nothing will.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2011, 05:37:31 AM »
lol I am on my phone and have no clue as to Where in the BBS I may find myself......:-P IT does not show on phone.......I made it a point to say in AvA arena its a bit differant did I not?  show me where I said I was the best pilot please, ive been in these skies since tour 52 and I am very much self aware, I alway study how I fly to become the best I can be, I know my SA is top notch period.....my aim on the other hand not so much, my merge is also very good, im I boasting when I say that? no just a fact, I have flown with the no icons its quite fun, check out the SEA stats page and look up "Combat challange"  youll see a name for top kills on both sides "BUDO"  yours truly ;-)   you took my origanal post the wrong way......hopefully not this one, because its a PITA hitting these small damn keys......

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2011, 06:25:14 AM »
Well said, Chilli!   :aok. As Bubba said, "Can't we all just get along?"

And to quote a really smart guy that we all know, the Skuzzinator, "Nothing to see here, move along".

This thread will self destruct in 3....2....1......Pffftttttt!  :bolt:

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2011, 08:09:45 AM »
surprise!!!  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2011, 08:24:26 AM »
Actually knowing both Ink and Puma I'd be willing to bet if yall crossed cartoon swords with each other you'd come away with a lot of mutual respect.  Sometimes attempting to vocalize your approach to the game doesn't translate very well until you've actually seen the other player in action.  How about we table this 'discussion' till Ink gets back in the air?  Hopefully sooner rather than later. 

Oh wait I can vocalize my flying 'style' easily.  Take an overweight duck, tape one wing to it's body, break the other one, throw it in the air.  That fits :D   
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2011, 08:27:05 AM »
Actually knowing both Ink and Puma I'd be willing to bet if yall crossed cartoon swords with each other you'd come away with a lot of mutual respect.  Sometimes attempting to vocalize your approach to the game doesn't translate very well until you've actually seen the other player in action.  How about we table this 'discussion' till Ink gets back in the air?  Hopefully sooner rather than later. 

Oh wait I can vocalize my flying 'style' easily.  Take an overweight duck, tape one wing to it's body, break the other one, throw it in the air.  That fits :D   

why weren't ya flyin that way last night?

:devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2011, 08:31:30 AM »
even a blind squirrel and all :D

although I do apologize for being the leader in the conga line.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2011, 08:42:12 AM »
Well said, Chilli!   :aok. As Bubba said, "Can't we all just get along?"

And to quote a really smart guy that we all know, the Skuzzinator, "Nothing to see here, move along".

This thread will self destruct in 3....2....1......Pffftttttt!  :bolt:

:bolt: