Author Topic: Base rolling after arena lock  (Read 8352 times)

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
Re: Base rolling after arena lock
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2011, 08:51:31 PM »

Not that i give a crap, but thats not what they do. They roll a mission to time it so they are arriving right as the arena is locked...people leave without knowing the base is about to come under attack. It is a valid tactic within the confines of the game, but cowardly and typical of the type of player that dominates AH these days.

So your saying that we sit in the tower all night just patiently waiting for the arena to close so that we can up and take bases for 10 minutes.. Some of you guys are hilarious.. :rofl :rofl    You guys love to join the bandwagon ...

BigR did you actually use a word like cowardly to describe play in a combat simulation game? Cowardly would imply that something bad will happen to you personally if your shot down. As far as I know they just give you another airplane or tank to use after your shot down..
I do not think that word has much merit in this context my friend...

I think that HTC meant for bases to be taken when they made the game. If not they could have just called it Aces High the best furballling game on the net. Guys start subscribing and taking those bases as HTC designed them to be captured and now some players are  mad because these players do not do it the way they want them to..

I think what you guys want is for all squads that are taking a base to turn back when not enough players on the other side defend it.. I can see it now. A squad is flying to a base and realizes that only two guys are defending. The CO tells everyone to turn back home because there are not enough defenders..

With all due respect to all of the players in the game. Some of your arguments make no sense.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 09:06:50 PM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2011, 08:59:17 PM »
yes it is cowardly to avoid combat in a combat game. By running missions after the lock to steal as many bases as they can before the shut down is cowardly. They are going out of their way to avoid any defenders just to grab a few bases. Bases which the landgrabbers defend the action by saying "the bases will be taken right back  when the arena opens again". If that is so, why take them in the first place?  :rolleyes:

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2011, 09:03:38 PM »
I Find the VBoys to be great for padding score  :D
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2011, 09:10:07 PM »
I Find the VBoys to be great for padding score  :D

How could you possibly be padding your score with Vguys DrBone. Everyone on this BBS says that we do not fight and only go to undefended bases.  

Our 3500 deaths and 3500 kills this month so far must be a computer error because those numbers are not possible when you only go to undefended areas of the map... And personally, I am getting tired of driving to  undefended bases and getting killed by imaginary IL2's and tanks.. Just last month alone I got killed 442 times taking undefended bases. That ack must be  deadly... I did manage to kill 390 imaginary gv's and airplanes at those undefended bases... As you can see from those numbers getting killed alot isnt really something that bothers me...
:salute

Congrats to you sir for you kills... You must have been one of those imaginary defenders at all those undefended bases.. I am glad we were there to help you pad your score. You had a good time I hope?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 09:27:03 PM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2011, 09:30:35 PM »
The way I see it, most of you are missing a few very important points.

Many of you claim that only the Devils are just going around stealing undefended bases; but a base is only undefended if your opponent let's it.  All sides have squads that are base capturing type.

Now some claim these guys wait till the end off hours play to do so.  What's stopping anyone from doing the exact same at the beginning of the opening of blue and orange arenas.  So when the numbers are at their lowest in blue or orange, any squad could go in there and roll bases. 

So if you are unhappy that bases are taken in between the arena changes, then you might want to stay until "host connection lost".  Otherwise; log into the other MAs and start a fight.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2011, 09:54:16 PM »
So your saying that we sit in the tower all night just patiently waiting for the arena to close so that we can up and take bases for 10 minutes.. Some of you guys are hilarious.. :rofl :rofl    You guys love to join the bandwagon ...

BigR did you actually use a word like cowardly to describe play in a combat simulation game? Cowardly would imply that something bad will happen to you personally if your shot down. As far as I know they just give you another airplane or tank to use after your shot down..
I do not think that word has much merit in this context my friend...

I think that HTC meant for bases to be taken when they made the game. If not they could have just called it Aces High the best furballling game on the net. Guys start subscribing and taking those bases as HTC designed them to be captured and now some players are  mad because these players do not do it the way they want them to..

I think what you guys want is for all squads that are taking a base to turn back when not enough players on the other side defend it.. I can see it now. A squad is flying to a base and realizes that only two guys are defending. The CO tells everyone to turn back home because there are not enough defenders..

With all due respect to all of the players in the game. Some of your arguments make no sense.

Sky, I did use the word cowardly because thats what it is...im talking about your IN GAME behavior. Were not talking about real life. You cant escape the facts. You guys AVOID conflict. I remember a few months back chasing your squad all over the map. You would attack a base...fail miserably when real defenders showed up, and then abandon your attempt just to re-up somewhere else so you could sneak another base. This happend at least 5 separate times. On the last attempt you guys came in with about 20 mossies. (I landed about 9 kills on that one) Dont get me wrong..i dont care about base taking....but like so many other squads, you guys will wither and totally give up in the face of even light opposition. Everyone picks on you guys because it is so obvious that you want nothing to do with conflict. Thats fine..just admit it.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2011, 10:00:52 PM »
sky this is how you guys operate.  bring heavy p47 dive on hangars some of you will die by either crashing or by ack. rest of you will get killed by defenders come back do the same thing until all the hangars are ded.  then take town down, if that doesn't work, quit go hit a different base.  many of you were great sticks but you guys are losing your skills.  you guys don't fight you bring up hording to a new level.  20-30 guys for a base. lots of nights you guys have up to 47% of all the players in the arenas with most of you attacking one base.

semp
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 10:46:16 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2011, 12:29:41 AM »
I think he was just looking for a reason to use that new smily icon that they just installed.. :ahand
:aok correct, love the new emoticon/smiley
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2011, 12:31:44 AM »
How could you possibly be padding your score with Vguys DrBone. Everyone on this BBS says that we do not fight and only go to undefended bases.  

Once they up to defend you, you run.... They kill you running = padding score, so simple a caveman can do it.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2011, 02:25:21 AM »
DrBone is right. Its always fun to bump into a v-mission in a 262  :devil
AoM
City of ice

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2011, 09:04:26 AM »
So if you are unhappy that bases are taken in between the arena changes, then you might want to stay until "host connection lost".  Otherwise; log into the other MAs and start a fight.
There have been a couple of times when a base was near capture when the "Lock" count down started.  I assumed, once locked, the base take would be a failure. Now, I will hang until the capture is resolved or I get dumped.

On a tangent, no one can deny that the recent flag change and 50% criteria has lead to a return of action in the MA. Taking and defending bases makes for all sorts of action.  And fun.  Which is why we all play the game.

I'll fly with or against the Devil's Brigade anytime. They seem to be enjoying themselves.  :salute
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2011, 09:11:52 AM »

I'll fly with or against the Devil's Brigade anytime. They seem to be enjoying themselves.  :salute
They are :aok I have flown around them a few times since they became Bish. When they were Nit they frankly pissed me off as I had this preconceived view as to how they operated? WRONG they are all about having fun.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2011, 09:49:18 AM »
DrBone is right. Its always fun to bump into a v-mission in a 262  :devil
It's fun to jump, ju87 missions or pointless bomber raids in temps and 262's :devil :devil
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2011, 10:02:26 AM »
They are :aok I have flown around them a few times since they became Bish. When they were Nit they frankly pissed me off as I had this preconceived view as to how they operated? WRONG they are all about having fun.
Noone is denying the fact that they are having fun. You have to be on the recieving end to gain a better perspective. Best analogy I can give about coming into contact with these guys is a lone bodygaurd coming across a swarm of teenyboppers at a Jonahs brothers concert. Its more hilarious than upseting.
Nothing can upset me in this game. Every sortie I expect to be HOed, ganged picked..etc. The fact that I get kills and I get to laugh at these tactics are what keep me addicted to logging in  :aok
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2011, 03:49:25 PM »
Talking about base rolling and vtards in same sentence, I figured I would chip in. I like the Vtards and always enjoy picking on them. Most of them are fun to fight. The only one I don't care for and nothing to do with his skills, is Dallas. The rest of them are pretty cool in my book  :salute
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!