Author Topic: HALL SENSOR MOD...  (Read 2227 times)

Offline sheperd

• Copper Member
Re: HALL SENSOR MOD...
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 09:04:43 AM »
allegro A1321LUA-T is the sensor I'm using actualy its the -L wich is a bit less sensitive I cant find the -T in the USA after switching the input  signal from the working toe brake to the non working brake I do believe that i have a bad input on my right toe brake as it works on the left but not the right.
I can build em better than I can fly em
http://s691.photobucket.com/albums/vv272/hotwire_2009/?

Offline sheperd

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 09:46:23 AM »
 :bhead I set up everything using pots and still have no response on my right toe brake in the viewer or in the calibration slider. can you get both toe brakes working using the dafault program ? or do you have to diable another axis in the stick profile?

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 04:47:07 AM »
It should not need any switching in control program. If you measure the right toe brake sensor there should be 5V (against the ground pin, as the Cougar gameport GND is not the connected to chassis ground) and the voltage from center pin should change when you press the brake pedal (again against the GND pin), if it does, then measure the center pin to connector pin to make sure the wire is not broken. I use the Cougar's stick chart program to see the inputs are working. I think they are labeled S1, RZ and RY.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline jocrp6

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 12:29:14 PM »
   Hey guy's,  you might want to look in to how much voltage it takes to make hall effect sensors work,  i belive you need at least 12V to start with1

Offline sheperd

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 01:13:09 PM »
they are all differant I have the 5 volt halls. they are seen and function as they should ...the problem I have is, the right toe brake hall or pot (I have used both) is not seen.

ok a brief rundown on where I stand now
1. I am using 3 100k ohm pots.
2. circuit checks out no broken wires and wired correctly... I have checked everything with a VOM.
3. rudder works fine
4 left toe brake works fine
5. Right toe brake shows no response at all, In the viewer screen or in the calibration screen (on the value scale)
6. everything will calibrate fine using manual calibration, I see left toe brake values change during calibration, but on the right toe brake. I get no movment in the viewer and no value change in the calibration scale durring the calibration  proceedure on the right toe brake.

(*note*)
although it calibrates. I still get no right brake response in the viewer, calibration value scale or in AH

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 01:26:00 PM »
got a way to take a picture of the actual Hall sensors or Pots on the Rudder Pedals to show the wiring , as well as taking a picture of the DB15 pin connector with wires soldered on/attached?

from the schematic it looks like the (2) +5V's (pin1/pin9) are spliced/connected going to each Hall Sensor or Pot and same for the grounds looks like both grounds (pin4/pin5) are spliced/connected then going to each Hall Sensor or Pot

with out no "wire color legend" of the wires, it makes the schematic a bit misleading

actual pics, or updated/edited wiring schematic might help point something obvious out to the electrical types on these boards...

doubt this helps, but hope it might
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline sheperd

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 01:45:48 PM »

from the schematic it looks like the (2) +5V's (pin1/pin9) are spliced/connected going to each Hall Sensor or Pot and same for the grounds looks like both grounds (pin4/pin5) are spliced/connected then going to each Hall Sensor or Pot

electrically correct... they are hooked up in parrallel

actual pics, or updated/edited wiring schematic might help point something obvious out to the electrical types on these boards...

I'm an electronic tech, well have an associates degree in it anyways but, it's been a long time since I have used my schooling though, and I'm by no means an expert. a lot has changed since I went to school  :old: and I don't work in the that field anymore but my wiring is fine, its either a program issue or a bad input on my HOTAS MOBO. I'm hoping a HOTAS Cougar user can point out the issue if it's a programming issue (the other alternative STINKS!!!!!)

« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 01:47:22 PM by sheperd »

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »

electrically correct... they are hooked up in parrallel

I'm an electronic tech, well have an associates degree in it anyways but, it's been a long time since I have used my schooling though, and I'm by no means an expert. a lot has changed since I went to school  :old: and I don't work in the that field anymore but my wiring is fine,
1 - its either a program issue
2 - or a bad input on my HOTAS MOBO.
I'm hoping a HOTAS Cougar user can point out the issue if it's a programming issue (the other alternative STINKS!!!!!)

rgr on the parrallel wiring

items 1 & 2 above in your quote are new info / possiblities to the problem first listed, or I didn't catch it the first time I read thru the entire thread......

hopefully someone will see this thread and help you figure out if either is the problematic cause of why it's not recognizing the right toe brake

good luck
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline sheperd

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 02:30:29 PM »
rgr on the parrallel wiring

items 1 & 2 above in your quote are new info / possiblities to the problem first listed, or I didn't catch it the first time I read thru the entire thread......

hopefully someone will see this thread and help you figure out if either is the problematic cause of why it's not recognizing the right toe brake

good luck

:salute thank you sir!

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 04:28:43 PM »
Any possibility that you messed up the axis settings from Cougar CP?

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline jocrp6

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2011, 05:43:17 PM »
Should not be rocket science on this one,  If hall effect sensor is good and not flipped, then you have a open in 14,

Offline sheperd

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 07:04:07 AM »
Should not be rocket science on this one,  If hall effect sensor is good and not flipped, then you have a open in 14,

ok lets look at this, If so can the MOBO be repaired I dont have a schematic of it. If you have 1 can you unplug and OHM it out from 13 to ground and 14 to ground and tell me if they are the same so I have a compairison. we will go off the assumption that no other devises are connected. just stick base alone no rudder and no TQS. I have not ohmed mine out yet and Im at work so I will have to report tomorrow on it.

Offline sheperd

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 07:09:00 AM »
Any possibility that you messed up the axis settings from Cougar CP?

-C+
That is what I'm hoping for, I have the loadout set to default profile, no changes in the joystick file and I have moved the rudder & toe brake axis around to diffrent axis as well as changed their curve from + to neg...no luck.
Someone mentioned disabling an axis as it may not be able to handle that many, but I don't know about programing...reading the manual now and trying to learn how to prog the stick.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 09:58:14 AM »
The Cougar has two axis more than DX can see for one device. You need to turn two off in CP and use Foxy to set them as digital axis. I suggest you turn off the mini stick on the throttle if you have that on. If the throttle isn't plugged in there shouldn't be an issue with the number of axis per device.

Offline sheperd

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 11:26:57 AM »

OK now we are getting somewhere.  :banana: TY TY TY :pray  :cheers:

#1.
You need to turn two off in CP

how do I do this?
is this done just by selecting the Y and Y ministick axis  in slot 9 and 10 (if so I have done that)

#2"
use Foxy to set them as digital axis.

...how do I do this?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:29:21 AM by sheperd »