Author Topic: New gameplay objectives  (Read 900 times)

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
Re: New gameplay objectives
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 11:40:26 AM »
I am a BASE-BALLER  ...  Love the new term.
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 12:10:02 PM »
this exact idea I have brought up years ago, I think it would go a long way to get rid of the "mega hourds" if this was implemented years ago I would have masive perks:-) 90% of my kills are when im out  #erd.    I think this is a great idea and should be implimented. The hourd crowd wont like the idea, and as far as what sunsfans said ya a real good stick can fight against 2/4 cons if he has advantage in ALT, BUT it still is very hard and you better be a master at your craft,  and the hourds come in at a lot more then a few guys, hell ive fought 15+ guys killed a couple and made them work there bellybutton off trying to kill me, anyone of those guys would have died if they were by themselves, so Ya I think this is a GREAT idea and absolutly should be implemented. But to avoid one guy from just vulching or hovering over a field and killing as they roll, make the multiplyer void if within say 2K from an nme field.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 12:50:21 PM »
Two concepts that have been brought up here many times that I'd love to see tried out:

(1) Airfield limits - once x number of planes and GVs have taken off from any given field, no one else can up there until someone dies or ends flight. Small strips won't be able to launch 50-plane hordes. Large fields will become very valuable real estate!

(2) Zone ENY. The problem with ENY is it's designed for a zero-sum 2-way war, while we have a 3-way war. At any given time the side with the high ENY may be the most heavily outnumbered in the actual distribution of planes on the map. If we're going to have ENY, it should reflect reality within the game.

I'm torn on the idea of a beginner's arena. I fear it might hurt the game. Two-weekers are certainly necessary to kweep the game viable by replacing those who move on - never forget that this is a for-profit business and if it ever stops being profitable it won't be here for any of us! The question is whether being diverted to a beginner's arena would make it more or less likely for 2-weekers to convert to paying customers. I don't have even a guess as to the answer to that, but I suspect it would depend partly on how many 2-weekers there are at any given time. It would be absolutely necessary to have some trainers willing to hang out there and help the newbs get started.

Tralfazz, I have absolutely nothing to disagree with in what you've said here. Base taking exists to give a strategic goal toward which the fighting is directed. It is the goal of the game, but not the point of the game, if that makes sense. I often compare AH to football; football would be boring if there were only one team and you just ran down the field scoring touchdowns with no one opposing, but it would also be boring if there were no touchdowns and the teams just ran around throwing, running, and blocking with no particular aim in mind.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 01:25:25 PM »
Here's an idea, if the goal is more fighting then extend radar range another 50% have radar mark targets that are over 20K anywhere on map and each time a field is lost ALL peeps on the losing country will lose a certain amount of perks!

Changing the radar will allow the "attacked" country time to respond and losing perks will motivate many to defend! just my thoughts!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 01:30:58 PM »
Here's an idea, if the goal is more fighting then extend radar range another 50% have radar mark targets that are over 20K anywhere on map and each time a field is lost ALL peeps on the losing country will lose a certain amount of perks!

Changing the radar will allow the "attacked" country time to respond and losing perks will motivate many to defend! just my thoughts!

JUGgler

2) things..

1) local ENY instead of a global ENY. This would combat unstoppable hordes.
2) Not having the first item would allow a group of people to take bases late at night then the other teams have under 20 people on them and punish them from an already difficult situation.

if you don't believe me, just look at mid war, or early war... one side will be rolling bases with 12-14 people and the other countries have 2 people.

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 02:02:02 PM »
2) things..

1) local ENY instead of a global ENY. This would combat unstoppable hordes.
2) Not having the first item would allow a group of people to take bases late at night then the other teams have under 20 people on them and punish them from an already difficult situation.

if you don't believe me, just look at mid war, or early war... one side will be rolling bases with 12-14 people and the other countries have 2 people.

In response Ardy

1) A gaggle of ki61s is just as bad if not worse than a gaggle of jets ;)

2) mid and early war are completely different "mindsets" compaired to latewar, The increased population of  LW will naturaly discourage most of the behavior seen in the other arenas

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 02:21:10 PM »
The average player in MA enjoys both sides of the game furballing and taking bases/or defending. After the changes over past years ( arena split, arena closed every 12 hours ,.....), the pure score/ furballer/land 100s of kills style, still has fun, but...... there's absolutely no reward or fun for basetakers because it's close to impossible to reach their goal and  win the war. I didn't see a map reset for long time;imop  the map reset %  should be reduced from 40% to 20% and let all paying customers have fun, not only one category; and what's bad in having maps changing more often?

If we did that the good maps for us furballers would get trashed and reset quickly such as Baltic, Vag, or NDIsles. Still wouldnt be a compromise. How many times do you see one country own TT in NDIsles? Thats no fun. If you want the war to be won the best thing to do is go bish and stay with the big green dar bar and maybe, just maybe you will survive a few sorties. The war shall not be won.

If you want to win a war and feel rewarded, go horde in EW or MW.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 04:36:30 PM »
edit.. double post my computer is running slow
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 05:22:37 PM by oTRALFZo »
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 05:00:05 PM »
crap..lol
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 05:22:55 PM by oTRALFZo »

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 05:16:27 PM »
this exact idea I have brought up years ago, I think it would go a long way to get rid of the "mega hourds" if this was implemented years ago I would have masive perks:-) 90% of my kills are when im out  #erd.    I think this is a great idea and should be implimented. The hourd crowd wont like the idea, and as far as what sunsfans said ya a real good stick can fight against 2/4 cons if he has advantage in ALT, BUT it still is very hard and you better be a master at your craft,  and the hourds come in at a lot more then a few guys, hell ive fought 15+ guys killed a couple and made them work there bellybutton off trying to kill me, anyone of those guys would have died if they were by themselves, so Ya I think this is a GREAT idea and absolutly should be implemented. But to avoid one guy from just vulching or hovering over a field and killing as they roll, make the multiplyer void if within say 2K from an nme field.
I dont think it would upset the hordes in any way because it wouldnt affect them in any way. (unless of course of embarasment of 5 guys ganging up on a guy and loosing).

Perks are great..but honestly, besides the rush of farming perks when the ENY mulitplier is high, I dont really care for perk rides. I hear of guys having 15,000 in some categories and to me, it doesnt give real incentive.
I think the name in lights would attract some old guys and many of the new crowd to at least TRY to put themselves against the #s  advantage. Making it for guys to see would probably pursuade a crowd to at least take a chance. As of now, there is no incentive for guys to duke it out. Its horde or get horded and in my oppinion...getting worse everyday. Yes I can see fun in traveling with 50 of your buds conquering the skies, but what gets forgotten is the lone guys that have been here years and years AND the new guys that fly solo without a squad for a while. lets give them something to shoot for