Author Topic: New guy looking for a squad.  (Read 624 times)

Offline AcId

• Silver Member
New guy looking for a squad.
« on: January 25, 2001, 11:14:00 AM »
Hi folks,
   As the subject implies i'm new here, and I would like to be part of something. I've been going through the Squad page that Ripsnort posted about and I've decided instead of e-mail bombing the list pleading for teammates that I would just post here once and see what happens.
I suppose now would be a good time to fill in some info about me. You may be asking yourself 'How new is this guy?', well...in AH terms i'm a premie newborn so if you want me to be able to contribute, some training will be required. Don't get me totally wrong though, I have flown a few sims in my day. It's just that the AH flight model is new to me and it seems very unforgiving (a challenge) although, I have gotten lucky and downed a few birds. I'll be honest with you too, I am not currently a subscriber, I am what you would call a 2-week-weenie. However, I plan on subscribing after my 2 weeks is up so pls don't count me out. If your wondering what times I can fly I'll list when I usually do at the bottom of the post. I enjoy teamwork and am looking forward to being able to fly in fun cooperative situations.

If any are interested here are both my e-mails.
work- robert.azar@compaq.com
home r-azar@swbell.net

Times I usually fly: Times are central
Mon. 5:30pm-7:00pm
Wed. 5:30pm-7:00pm
Fri. 5:30pm-7:00pm (not always)
Sat. either all day till about 4:00pm or whenever the wifey takes a nap.
Sun. When/if the wife takes a nap.  

On the days listed I could be on longer, once a week if needed. Ofcourse that would depend on the time the squad meets. That kind of stuff can be worked out later.

Regards and thanks for reading.

------------------
My other computer is a 4,000 node Beowulf cluster.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2001, 01:47:00 PM »
Hiya Acid, we are kinda full at the time however I would highly recommend VMF-115, VMF-111 or 332nd Flight Mongrels...all fine squadrons.

Actually, I haven't met a squadron that I didn't like yet in this sim, they're all great!

Offline Jebo44

• Copper Member
      • http://www.vmf222.com
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2001, 08:49:00 AM »
AcId,

I am recruiting for my new squad, the "Flyin' Deuces" VMF-222. I am currently the only member. I am trying to create a web site, however it is slow going. The only thing I expect of my squad members is when I launch a mission they be in it, if their on-line. If you are a member, you can, but you don't have to help with the website and recruiting. I want to recruit only two or three at a time. Other than that when your on-line just don't shoot any chutes and your free to do your thing.

I am a new to moderate player, I don't have all the answers, but I'll try to get them for you if you have them, questions that is. I am on about the same time as you. Just drop me an e-mail and if you have an interest.  

Jebo44

------------------

Offline Kronos

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2001, 01:17:00 PM »
AcId,

No. 272 Squadron Whispering Death flies for Knights.  We are currently about 15 members, and are very team oriented. Our Website is listed at the bottom of this page, u can ck it out, or I am usually online alot, so u can catch me in the Arena, if u wish more info.

We fly all planes, and have people from both the States and Europe.

------------------
Kronos
CO No. 272 Squadron "Whispering Death"
---> http://members.home.net/wchiasson/no272/

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2001, 03:56:00 PM »
Hey there, another member from Houston.....cool.  I also live in the Houston area.  Kronos has a fine squad.  I used to fly with them, but decided to go in a different direction.  <S> Kronos and the 272!!!  

My current squad is a small one, but we are recruiting.  Check out posts in this section of the BBS for posts from Hangtime regarding his new squad, "1st AG - Bishlanders".  Hang is a great CO, and has a great vision in mind for this squad.  

Good luck in your search and I hope you find a squad that is to your liking.