Author Topic: A Second Mid War Arena  (Read 748 times)

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
Re: A Second Mid War Arena
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 09:42:38 AM »
Thats what I do not get sometimes about AH.  Its not terribly difficult to stop a base capture.  Even against overwhelming odds.  They rather complain then try to stop it.

I'm not the only one who thinks base capture has been made too easy. I even heard one of the guys who hangs with Satan's Sissies- them being a base capture, map roll squadron- comment that it was too easy to take bases now.

I wouldn't mind the easy capture if it was only on certain crappy maps, like Mesa, Mesa View and that baby s**t green vehicle base map, but we lose the good maps too easy.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 10:01:42 AM »
 I see people complain about hoarders taking bases all the time. If I pull up the clip board and check the base status I see the ords are still up at the base being used by the attacking country. Here is a clue to defending your base. GO PORK THERE ORDS. No ords and no troops = no base capture it is just that simple. Instead of whining get off you dead butts an do something to slow or stop them. Killing there assets at the base of operations is a good start. One guy in a plane like the P-51B can pork all four ords at a large field and fly away, I do it all the time.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 02:46:24 PM »
Nope.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline morgee256

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 01:20:22 AM »
Its actually very funny cos now when the playmates realise the jokers are on, they all log off. Infact yesterday they all logged off 8 minutes after the jokers took their first base. They ate more content to wine on the forums than give us a real fight!!!!

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 05:25:15 AM »
 :headscratch: Why was this arena created again?

I have to laugh at what Imadot said about offline practice.  :D Folks asked for arenas where they weren't attacked by Me262s and got one, errr 3 new ones when they updated. 

What is more perplexing, most folks have not figured out that easing base taking, works both ways.  I spam about it on country all the time.  Why meet the horde head on, unless you have a reasonable chance of stopping the assault, that includes destroying their ords, getting defenders up in time, getting ground vehicles to the town, etc.  This is a lot of effort for one base.  Possibly could take 2 or 3 bases with the same amount of effort.

Still, is stinks when someone wizzes in your sandbox.  Stinks even more when two or more are trying to mark their territory.   :eek:

Offline shermanjr

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2011, 03:46:56 PM »
i hear ya xtiger funny these ppls cominin in  mid war when no opposition is on and take evrything
475th fg dgs
404th fighter group Winter SKy Deth ground
361 st fg
1st pursuit squadron avg
+flyingfury+ main arena
in game name pattonjr

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2011, 06:15:57 PM »
Don't leave xtigger, I like killing you.