Author Topic: OK, no excuses for not having flight jacket w/patches  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
OK, no excuses for not having flight jacket w/patches
« on: January 28, 2011, 12:34:24 AM »
Of course the best place to put scenario patches is on the back of a flight jacket.

But, what about the cost?

Well, your pal Brooke has just finished in-depth research to find the best flight jackets for any budget -- all the way down to $35.

So, from a surprisingly decent $35 MA-1:

to an A-2 with good authenticity/price:

and everything in between, you can find options here:
http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/flightsims/flight_jackets/flight_jackets.html

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: OK, no excuses for not having flight jacket w/patches
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 09:22:39 AM »
I have an old Harley Davidson denim button-up... Second-hand. Patches for Bass fishing, Harley Davidson, cigarrettes, whatever, where all tattered to shreds and gone, but the denim was almost pristine. Leather collar, to boot (also in great condition). Stitch remover + a lot of time and I took the old patches off and bit by bit started adding my own.

It's my Aces High jacket now, but it might pick up a patch or two unrelated.

I do wear it in public (it's a nice windbreaker or light jacket, but has no liner) and have received at least 4 specific "that is a nice jacket" kind of compliments on it, or references to patches. Once by a doctor at a hospital, no less as I was picking up a family member.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: OK, no excuses for not having flight jacket w/patches
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 08:54:53 AM »
Nice  :aok
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!