Author Topic: Spitfire MK8 Restoration Project  (Read 988 times)

Offline xFURYx

• Zinc Member
      • spitfire@dyfedboatservices
Spitfire MK8 Restoration Project
« on: December 14, 2010, 09:45:52 AM »
hi all
with kind permission from Doug at HitechCreations we have been given permission to advertise our
restoration project, in the hope that we can get some help in raising funds to get her flying again.
A few months back i posted some images of the spit on these forums for general interest, i am also a player on the game
known as Trojan.

a couple of years ago JG668 was put up for sale as a failed project in Australia, and as there are very few
spits left in flying condition our aviation foundation was desperate to get our hands on it.
  So we had to do a deal 1x P51 Mustang and £150,000 later we got her, we had the spit shipped over from Australia to her new home here in Wales
 United kingdom. It really was a shame to see the mustang go though, what an amazing piece of American engineering
all we need to do now is raise enough money to get her finished and flying, so we are appealing anyone interested in Aviation to help us.

The Plan:
            Convert the spitfire into a 2 seater, this will allow us to give people a flight in the spit (all donators will get a free trip in the spit once ready)
            Build the museum to educate people about WWII pilots and crew who flew the spitfire and to raise further finances to complete the spitfire
            Travel to air shows in UK Europe and USA

The Website:www.spitfireviii.com

Anyone living in the UK may visit the spitfire on weekends just contact me from the website auction/contacts page

Thanks all

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: Spitfire MK8 Restoration Project
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 05:12:53 PM »
I would love to participate but it will be around February before I can donate
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 09:21:16 PM »
Good luck with your Spit VIII.  Kinda wish you gents would skip the 2 seat.  Really kinda ruins the look.   I understand why, but with so few VIII's about an MT818 hopefully getting back on the circuit, another nice single seat VIII would look really nice, in particular now with MV154 going to Germany.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline IamSalem

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 09:48:43 AM »
Have to agree with Guppy. I would be content with seeing a single seat VIII flying that I know I helped put in the air. But, I am currently not able to help with this. Maybe in the new year, but not at the moment. 

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 09:49:48 AM »
probably be next year for me as well but I do intend to donate
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline xFURYx

• Zinc Member
      • spitfire@dyfedboatservices
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 09:13:34 AM »
thanks guys

unfortunately we decided to make her a 2 seater to help raise revenue to keep her flying, personally i would have preferred her as a single seater fighter

Offline breadroll

• Zinc Member
      • Mach One Manuals
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 01:13:06 AM »
If you need a copy of the AP Vol 1 and RAAF Pilots Notes, I would be happy to donate a high-quality scan of them.
Proudly Aussie Member of the Raw Prawns

Owner of Mach One Manuals - Aircraft Manuals From The Dawn Of Aviation To The Present Day

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 11:14:30 AM »
Does donation size matter? Money is real tight for me, but in the near future i MAY be able to make a small donation. I know 10 bucks probably wont bu anything to restore it, but just an idea of how much would be helpful. Im not a spit fan, but i am in terested in helping. PM me if you wish with a ball park figure.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 11:09:28 PM »