Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 3319 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: No icon = weaksauce
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 09:50:22 AM »
Let me help you current AvsA players out

Shane has alot more time flying in the CT/AvsA than most of ya'll....... except for people like Oldman, Shifty, Jaeger1, 1Duke1, etc......

he has only been away from the game for a little bit, nothing more ( well except the "no icons AvsA", which wasn't here when he took an absence )

edit: oh yeah, Shane has a way of getting in to peoples puny little heads  :devil ..... that means he can smack talk ya and get you off your game if you let him.....

doesn't matter though, he posted in the opening post we would not be seeing him back..... which is a shame really.... he is always a great fight, and is even great a winging together if you know his traits....

had fun tonight, Oldman, NrRaven .... hopefully ya'll can stay online longer with me next time  :salute :cheers:

Heh.  Shane is one of AH's legends, both for his flying and for his irascibility.  He's been away for a couple of years now, I believe; pretty nice to see he may be making a reappearance.  I figure he's criticizing the AvA no icons both because it's his nature to criticize nearly everything, and because - like most very successful AH vets - he finds that he relies on icons a lot more than he expected.

Anyway, he's a common slobberdonkey, don't let him agitate you.

And TC that was amazing 110 flying on your part.  Try coming in a bit earlier, the oldman has to log at 11 during the week.

- oldman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 09:51:59 AM »
i don't think i'm special,.....and i truly don't believe anyone else in the ava thinks they are either.

i know he's been around a long time, and could mop the arena with my cartoon ass. i still don't care. come in, have a good time like the rest of us.

BTW...wasn't it shane that posted a video a couple of years ago, showing that deliberate collisions were indeed possible?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 09:58:33 AM »
CAP, you are special, in your own way... everyone is.

but I was refering to the arena with the "Special" comment,  I was not calling anyone special or saying people think they are special....

OM,

I found last night the Ju87 with (2) 250 KG and a 1000 KG bomb with 25% fuel, maneuvers just as good as a spit 1.... it just has weak guns like a 202....

will try and come earlier next time....

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2011, 10:01:13 AM »

Heh.  Shane is one of AH's legends, both for his flying and for his irascibility.  He's been away for a couple of years now, I believe; pretty nice to see he may be making a reappearance.  I figure he's criticizing the AvA no icons both because it's his nature to criticize nearly everything, and because - like most very successful AH vets - he finds that he relies on icons a lot more than he expected.

And TC that was amazing 110 flying on your part.  Try coming in a bit earlier, the oldman has to log at 11 during the week.

- oldman

eh....my posts this morning are a little more abrasive than normal for me.....i'm tired, it's monday, and think i may have woken up on the wrong side of the bed..........that being said, there's still no reason for a longtime vet to spend 1 night in the arena, and then act like an bellybutton here....and then people seem to want to stick up for that since he's a vet, and a good cartoon pile-it. those 2 things, and $1.00 will get him a decent cup of coffee though.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2011, 10:04:05 AM »
*wanders in looks around*

Anybody want a Jolly Rancher? I've got bags of th... Ohhhh look that may be a beer in that thread over there

*wanders out*
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2011, 10:07:45 AM »

Heh.  Shane is one of AH's legends,  for his irascibility.  

I figure he's criticizing the AvA no icons both because it's his nature to criticize nearly everything,

- oldman

OM knows how to deal with Shane, and understands him.....  ROFL.....

look at Shane's location:  it really explains it all..... ROFL.....

I apologize if it looks like I am sticking up for him, I did not mean for it to look that way...... Shane can easily stick up and speak for himself......

as far as him acting like an bellybutton in here....... I haven't seen it. but I also have bad eyesight  ;)

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2011, 10:24:54 AM »
tc, we do have something special in the ava...only 2 sides...different settings than the ma's and sea's...not crowded...lots of frustration...a few laughs here and there...even free crayons and a helmet...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline NormH3

• Nickel Member
      • We do good things!
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2011, 10:30:16 AM »
...even free crayons and a helmet...

I didn't receive my free crayons and helmet yet.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2011, 10:32:38 AM »
tc, we do have something special in the ava...only 2 sides...different settings than the ma's and sea's...not crowded...lots of frustration...a few laughs here and there...even free crayons and a helmet...

hey!! i didn't get a free helmet!! :cry
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2011, 10:33:07 AM »
*sticks head back in

and Jolly Ranchers

*goes back to tracking that beer
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2011, 10:36:23 AM »

I had you pegged as a white zinfandel kinda guy.   :banana:
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2011, 10:42:29 AM »
hey!! i didn't get a free helmet!! :cry

We figured your standard-issue hockey helmet that you wear on the short bus would suffice.  :neener:
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2011, 10:44:50 AM »
*sticks head back in

and Jolly Ranchers

it's too early for beer.

i've drank 3 bottles of water, and 2 cans of pepsi so far though.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2011, 10:48:47 AM »
"in your puny minds" and "weak sauce" is merely an indicator of attitude. It doesn't matter how long the guy has been around our pixel plane world. Being an intentional agitator is an inadequate trait and doesn't contribute anything positive in here or anywhere else.  If complaining is his norm, then by all means, move along to the MAs.

Legend.....not.  

I've not witnessed anyone in the AvA who has taken on the "special" moniker. I do see a group of "no icon" like minded guys who readily welcome and help new faces that are looking for a new experience.  When the occasional sour attitude shows up, there is plenty of patience and acceptance.  After all, we each pay our own $14.95 a month.  But when someone chooses to throw a turd in the punch bowl, there's going to be response.

Not the thing legends are made of....bad memories, yes.   :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2011, 10:51:35 AM »