Author Topic: offline furball  (Read 1125 times)

Offline PuppetZ

• Nickel Member
offline furball
« on: March 01, 2011, 09:16:20 PM »
Do offline AI wingman always turn the fight into a low and slow stall fight? After the 1st merge all my wingman dropped from 8k to 80 feet in like 30 sec a min later they were all gone and left me in the middle of the hornet nest they just stirred. I was amazed by the effort deployed by the AI tough, trying to stall fight a jug against a Zero :huh I guess that AI stand for artificial insanity...
LCDR. Frank 'PuppetZ' Perreault, Squadron intelligence officer

VF-17 Jolly Rogers
'Kids, you tried and failed miserably. The lesson is : never try'

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Re: offline furball
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 05:47:11 AM »
Do offline AI wingman always turn the fight into a low and slow stall fight? After the 1st merge all my wingman dropped from 8k to 80 feet in like 30 sec a min later they were all gone and left me in the middle of the hornet nest they just stirred. I was amazed by the effort deployed by the AI tough, trying to stall fight a jug against a Zero :huh I guess that AI stand for artificial insanity...

Current versions of Aces High tend to fly rather dull "bot" AI in the offline missions. In my experience, they tend to fly low, slow turnfights and frequently crash into the ground or water.

Older versions of Aces High were MUCH better.

Offline mission bots will never have the capacity to do original, clever, sinister, surprising tactics like you see against real humans online, but you can have a lot of fun practicing the basics with [and against] them, especially if you happen to have an old copy of Aces High and missions to match.
 :P

Offline PuppetZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 01:53:51 PM »
I use 2.14 patch 4 for all my offline missions. I'd go online but ppl seem to always  :ahand...
LCDR. Frank 'PuppetZ' Perreault, Squadron intelligence officer

VF-17 Jolly Rogers
'Kids, you tried and failed miserably. The lesson is : never try'

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 05:40:47 AM »
It's always a good idea to retain the latest, greatest version (and that's the only one that you can use online). It benefits from the best graphics and new planes, etc.

For offline use, I recommend version 2.12.4. The "bots" fly much better AI, and follow the mission plan much better.
 :salute