Author Topic: Late! Late! Late! Finally - AH Stats 2010  (Read 6557 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Late! Late! Late! Finally - AH Stats 2010
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2011, 09:53:35 PM »
AH War Economy

One has to admire the efficiency of the hidden AH armament factories. In "real life" 8,870 Panzer IV had been produced during the war, >30,000 109's, or about 16,000 P-51.

To keep up with the losses on the Late War Arena, the AH industries had to produce in the single year of 2010:

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2011, 10:00:29 PM »
So we are following real life right?

AH War Economy

One has to admire the efficiency of the hidden AH armament factories. In "real life" 8,870 Panzer IV had been produced during the war, >30,000 109's, or about 16,000 P-51.

To keep up with the losses on the Late War Arena, the AH industries had to produce in the single year of 2010:

(Image removed from quote.)
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2011, 11:53:54 PM »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2011, 12:52:58 AM »

Oh, and as far as hours playing goes, I can't exactly tell (yet?). For tours before tour 120 I have only a few samples. It takes a lot of time to get the data for a single tour even... you gave to go through 4000-7000 score records per tour ;)

Well then what the hell you doing sitting here talking to us then?.. Get on it.  :P
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2011, 01:11:18 AM »
Lusche, beyond words, you the man.  <<<S>>>
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2011, 03:29:26 AM »
Snailman once again amazing work sir!  :salute Thank you!
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2011, 10:09:43 AM »
Awesome work!  Whenever I start my velcro glove company with Silat, I'm hiring you for the quarterly updates!

Even George Clooney loves your work.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2011, 10:44:41 AM »
Your the man Lusche <S>

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2011, 03:07:21 PM »
Thanks for all the hard work, Lusche.

It'd be interesting to see when HTC had advertising campaigns running.  I've always thought that their placement of AH2 ads during "Dogfights" a while back was very well done.  I had no idea about this game until I saw that, and it was very exciting to see for me.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline dstrip2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2011, 03:20:29 PM »
see i have the curiosity to ask myself all these questions just not the drive to actually chart it all out. thank you for bridging the gap between my thirst for knowledge/understanding/statistics and my lack of motivation.  :aok

<S>
 :airplane:

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2011, 04:33:52 PM »
What is going on in tour 86 with the huge kill spike?  Alos, i like to say i con tribute about a good % of panzer and M4 kills in my P-47D-25.  :D
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2011, 04:49:52 PM »
What is going on in tour 86 with the huge kill spike? 

I don't know for sure, but several factors could contribute. First, we only had small maps in late war, and with that more people it was quite a crowded place with a resulting higher rate if kills/hour. Then we had much higher average hours/player, though I have to admit I have no idea why (Maybe because a different online gaming environment back then - less competition, less choices for a player to waste his time? But that's just a shot in the dark).
And of course, single spikes on that chart do happen, because not all tours have the same length, and the number & distribution of holidays has a big impact on played hours too.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2011, 06:20:56 PM »
I don't know for sure, but several factors could contribute. First, we only had small maps in late war, and with that more people it was quite a crowded place with a resulting higher rate if kills/hour. Then we had much higher average hours/player, though I have to admit I have no idea why (Maybe because a different online gaming environment back then - less competition, less choices for a player to waste his time? But that's just a shot in the dark).
And of course, single spikes on that chart do happen, because not all tours have the same length, and the number & distribution of holidays has a big impact on played hours too.

Tour 86 is when I started flying.  I loved it more in the first two or three months than I love it now.  I logged over 150 hours a few tours that year.  The small maps were the best IMHO. 
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2011, 09:07:09 PM »
Tour 86 is when I started flying.  I loved it more in the first two or three months than I love it now.  I logged over 150 hours a few tours that year.  The small maps were the best IMHO. 
I suspect that large maps made a lot more sense when LW was a single arena.  Now that it is two arenas during prime time, I don't know that the 512x512 mile maps are serving the game very well anymore.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2011, 09:17:29 PM »
I suspect that large maps made a lot more sense when LW was a single arena.

IMHO they still worked after the spilt, and i was actually glad when they came back. It's only in the recent two years that numbers went below whatever the critical point is. Not too long ago the lowest offpeak population was about 100, and that for a short time only.
Last year it went down to about 50, and we are for many hours now below 100. Same was true for the old caps mechanism. Years ago we had about 1 hour downtime when the caps kicked in, before both LW arenas finally were balanced. Last year we were approach in 4 hours downtime, severly crippling the game for those trying to play at that times.

What my stats unfortunately can't show (and thus I can't prove) is my strong impression that offpeak population has declined much more than (US) primetime population.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 09:19:02 PM by Lusche »