Author Topic: Late! Late! Late! Finally - AH Stats 2010  (Read 6595 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Late! Late! Late! Finally - AH Stats 2010
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2011, 10:28:49 PM »
I suspect that large maps made a lot more sense when LW was a single arena.  Now that it is two arenas during prime time, I don't know that the 512x512 mile maps are serving the game very well anymore.

Like I said, I was never around to see the single arena, but what you say makes perfect sense. 

And as Lusche says, the numbers have seemed to be down a lot in the last year or two.  I remember when they put the big maps back in rotation.  The first few months it was just the same as the small maps (several people online, fights everywhere, missions, etc...).  Now, it seems like everyone is just spread out over the map (maybe a new timid playerbase that likes to attack their own base away from everyone else?  Really couldn't do that with the small maps since there were less choices?)
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2011, 07:19:05 AM »
  Now, it seems like everyone is just spread out over the map (maybe a new timid playerbase that likes to attack their own base away from everyone else?  Really couldn't do that with the small maps since there were less choices?)

Unlike some others, I don't see that much changes in player behaviour. The kind of fight you see in MA is largely being shaped by circumstances. Less space means a concentration of action. More room means more opportunities to go elsewhere, and more opportunities to do "your thing". That's the thing I often found quite amusing: You have 5 guys agreeing in "we should get more organized" "no one does missions anymore", but then everyone of them attacks a different base. "Need troops A5", "Ack down A13", "need fighter cover P15, we can get it" "I'm gonna bomb" V23"
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2011, 05:06:56 PM »
Fantastic work Lusche, very yummy graphs  :aok 

If only HT would validate or supply suplimental information where needed (to correct grave misrepresentations, if any).
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline SouthLanda

• Zinc Member
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2011, 04:24:44 AM »
- Do you think HTC will take note of the lack of effectivness of the Spit14 as justification to remove its perk cost?

- Isnt the HurriIID an ineffective ground attack vehicle, that hardly appears to function as designed?
Game ID: SthLanda