Author Topic: Apple sucks  (Read 1364 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Apple sucks
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 11:06:32 PM »
Absolutely

Right here 's how the situation stands. I have 20+ .m4r files sat in my ringtones file all 30 seconds or less. So far only 1 is recognised on my iphone4. This is beyond stupid.As for mms alerts you have no chance, can't jailbreak the phone because with the latest os, you can't do it. Besides, should you have to hack a phone to make it work? I don't think so. Apple fanboi's only want to put their fingers in their ears and hum loudly when you tell them the OS is junk.

If a customized ringtone is all you care about a phone then you really shouldn't pay premium for an Apple product. It's basic principle is it just works and you don't 'tweak' it just use it. Linux is for people who want to tinker around or even code new functions just to look cool. In reality nobody (especially the chicks) cares but whatever ... :D
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 02:10:26 AM »
I'm waiting for the new Sony Ericsson Xperia Play phone.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2011, 09:50:49 AM »
Yeah or you just could choose any song you like, convert it to AAC using one click on iTunes, locate song in question on harddrive using search, rename the song from .m4a to .m4r and iTunes will automatically move your song to your ringtones folder and sync it to your iphone.

Real hard.

As I said.  Smoke signals  :old:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 03:29:16 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkIRL_ngZHI   :rofl :rofl :rofl

Blackberry beats all on being a part of the domain at work (which is why EVERY office-worker who has a company-issued smart phone has a crackberry) But if that's not your concern...Droid. (One other cool thing about Droid, is the ability to use Google Earth maps to feed your gps for free (Droid OS was created by Google)---else, something like VZ Navigator is $10 a month)

Soooooo not true!  WebOS does a great job!  Sadly Palm did a crap job on the hardware with the first few offerings.  Thankfully HP has fixed that... too bad it took so long.  IMHO WebOS is the best smart phone OS out there, just had some VERY VERY mediocre hardware and marketing.