Author Topic: Why did you...  (Read 1786 times)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
Re: Why did you...
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 10:22:02 PM »
What, if u can find an arena where 262 is enabled where there's no perks at costs and we can 1v1, and what's u talking about vids for?
Your talent in a jet is outstanding and needs to be recongnized.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 10:25:50 PM »
I joined the Muppets because I wasn't happy with only my Mom, Dad and brother hating me. I wanted other ppl that should love me to hate me. In other words, I wanted to feel at home in the cartoon blue.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 11:07:24 PM »
Joined the AA's because a metro rail worker in D.C. and a crazy Kanuck kept me laughing for hours on end.   :salute
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 11:35:09 PM »
Oh, and POTW took me under their wings when I was [less than now] noobie  :rock
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 11:58:06 PM »
Well lets see... I played AH on and off since 2004. By the time I was able to afford a monthly subscription in 2008, I joined The Old Breed during this time in the Summer. Was kicked out due to absence during squad nights, and flew solo for about a month. Joined MJTalon's and Ciaphas' 78th Fighter Group "Eagles of Duxford" until it was disbanded towards the end of '08. Flew solo again for a few weeks until some former squaddies pulled me into the 100th BG "Bloody Hundredth". Flew with these fellows for a few months and decided to take a crack at making my own squadron.

The 457th BG "Air Expeditionary Group" was my first squad I had made and found a close group of friends that I fly, and keep in touch with, to this day. The squad stuck around for several months and then merged with MJTalon's newly formed 82nd FG "Adorimini". This occurred in Spring of 2009. The 82nd FG grew and at one point became a large squad of P38 enthusiasts. But due to the structure of the squad and chain of command, fate would reveal that the squad would eventually fall apart due to leadership inactivity. I took a few month's leave of absence during this time and flew in Eve Online, starting a new adventure.

Knowing that there were times when Eve Online would become tedious and boring, I decided to get back in AH again in the Spring of 2010. Seeing as how I have become a devoted P38 enthusiast, I decided to join a squadron that shared many of the same interests as myself. I needed a squad that didn't mind getting shot down, spreading parts everywhere, and laughing and having a good time. I ended up finding these great group of gentlemen, whom share a lot of common interests. They are funny, goofy, silly, and most of all, caring. I have stuck with these guys ever since.

When I joined the 80th FS "Headhunters", I started out at the bottom of the seniority, as Commanding Officer. Once the 80th brought in a few more of my friends from other squads, I was eventually promoted to Lieutenant, and later as Airman. I am now amongst the same rank as the rest of the squad members, happily achieving rank of Recruit/Bait. The next rank I am currently working at is Mechanic. But seeing that Dan/CorkyJr holds this rank, I find it impossible to conceive of attaining such a high and prestigious position. But I am not willing to give up on my hard work yet! :old:
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 12:16:44 AM »
The 80th is an offshoot or result of a Airwarrior scenario where a bunch of us flew as the 80th.  My Airwarrior crew was the Nomads that mir and I started initially as a shades squad of fellow 38 junkies.  We'd get together once a week and go cause trouble with guys from all three countries flying together for the sake of the 38.  I suppose the SAPP bit is the AH version of the Nomads.

Del and I got the 80th going along with Oboe for a short time in AH then went to the 475th lead by KillnU.  That crew got big in a hurry and imploded a bit with guys scattering.  The Muppets got moving again after this with Kappa and company, many who'd been in the 475th.  Twinboom was at the time more one country oriented and some guys went with him in the 39th.  I restarted the 80th then with the more laid back, fly wherever, have a good time, who cares bunch, with me.

We've had guys bounce in and out and in again.  It works for me as the guys are like minded in their approach to the game and cartoon 38s and they share and interest in the WW2 aviation bit beyond the game too.

Plaz describes the command structure in the 80th well.  As the oldest member of the squad, I have the least responsibility. 

We are struggling at the moment with Princess however as she is demanding her rightful place as Queen in charge. 
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 12:22:03 AM »
Was a member of the Bloody Hundredth for quite some time.  Left the game for almost a year and when I came back, the people I knew were no longer there.  I'm now a member of the The 47 Ronin, thanks to an old squaddie, from the 100th I bumped into.  They seem like a great bunch of guys to fly and chat with.  I hope to make this a permanent home.

:airplane: alone really sucks, IMO.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 01:24:26 AM »
I've been a Screaming Eagle going on 10yrs now. The reason I joined was as a new player, they immediately jumped at the chance to help me transition from years with AW to AH. I'm still here, now as an XO and one of the longest serving members. The SE's, in some ways, are closer to me than members of my own family and because of this, I'll most likely be an SE until I stop playing entirely, or they close down AH and we don't find a new home.  :salute

Long live the Screaming Eagles!!!
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 01:45:59 AM »
When I first joined I was in the 367th Dynamite Gang. When my dad heard I had started playing he started playing again. (He's a veteran all the way back to the AW days flying with the Most Wanted.) He got picked up by the Devil's Brigade and I eventually switched over and changed my name to vCOLT so I could fly with him more often. I leveled it with everybody in the 367th before I split, and they understood. The CO said he was expecting me to move out any day anyway.
Now I don't think I could ever leave the V unless they boot me out. All the mindless hatred is delicious.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 01:48:05 AM by GNucks »

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 05:09:18 AM »
I started out flying by myself with the Bish for a while and ended up with the Screaming Devils as my first squad. I had a real passion for the Fw190 D9 at the time, so as a squad of 190D pilots, I felt right at home.

While flying with the Devils, I found myself getting killed by a certain bunch of guys on a regular basis... Gorkle and FTJR to mention a couple. At some stage I found out that they were all Aussies too.

One night I was on with no squadies (the time difference made it difficult sometimes) and kept getting caught up with the Prawns. After being shot down repeatedly, JR (I think) asked me if I wanted to come over to the Rooks and fly with them.

Long story short, I did... got along well with all the guys and had a great time flying with them, so I joined up. To be honest, after being belted by the Prawns on such a consistent basis I figured that if you can't beat 'em.... join 'em.  :lol

That was years ago... I've met most of the guys now, so the Raw Prawns is the place for me.

Just for fun... a few very old pics:

OddCAF and I:

Bunyip and I:

Odd, myself and JR (I think):

« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 05:11:44 AM by Xasthur »
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2011, 05:40:21 AM »
Well I had a good friend who started a squadron. The squad I was in was just H2H (we were active on Deft's H2H ladder back in the day)

Anyway this friend started a squadron, and he was taking 2 maybe 3 other guys into the main and trying to do base captures. Mostly they were getting ripped up.  The H2H squad I was with was dieing even then, so I started tagging along.

Funny over all the years every other member of that squadron had to apply, and  be voted on. I just kind of slid my way in, force of personality, or friendship, dunno. At that point I think he needed every warm body he could get.  Anyway all that was back in 97, in WB and my friend was Daddog. Who is still the best CO of any squad I've ever seen. Which is one reason I'm still there.

They may not be the best pilots, but its a high class group, with a lot of heart.
I can honestly say without their support and encouragement I don't think I'd be here today without them. <S> 332nd Flying Mongrels

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 06:20:54 AM »
Started off in The Lycnhmob back in the day with Sniper30 and Smokey23.  I flew with them for about 1.5 years and decided it was time for something new. 

Then I joined the BoPs when it was Falconwng, WT666, Talas2, USRanger and Rain000.  Spent the next 1.5 years with them.  They were a fun squad and there was so much goofing off, but I felt the urge to switch countries every now and and again.  So I left the BoPs and just flew by myself for a bit. 

Then there was this guy BushLT, he kept pestering me about The Flying Circus.  I declined at first, but after awhile and constant invites from others I decided that the TFC is where I belong. I truely couldn't imagine being anywhere else.  Hajo, Rob53, Bush, Vati, EDO, and the rest of the clowns have made the last couple of years in AH most enjoyable.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 06:26:31 AM »
Another back patting thread huh.........
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2011, 06:52:49 AM »
How is this a back patting thread?
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 03:04:45 PM »

Typically I've joined squads because of the people.  When the people change the squad dynamic changes.  Joined the BoPs for many years because of Red420 taking me under his wing as a newbie.  Then left there and teamed up with Thundregg for a period until that small squad disbanded and Egg went back to the BoPs.  Then like 5.0 that pain BushLT asked me to join the ~Hells Angels~.  Great bunch of guys there. Bear76, Slash, BushLT, Chanzz, Coronado, Cid, Mosq, Pigface, BigK and the list goes on.  Lots of laughs there.  Then end of last years many of the regulars moved on so I am back to flying solo and jumping around counties.  I've found myself hanging out in the HA's channel again.

I've been considering hanging with a squad again....
~Hells Angels~
Solar10