Author Topic: Does LD's flying style make the game boring for the rest of us.  (Read 8746 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Does LD's flying style make the game boring for the rest of us.
« on: February 17, 2011, 07:24:32 AM »
Not meant to be offensive or troll just saying.

I notice they tend to stay high one makes a pass then they are all back up high again. If you climb up to them and they can't kill you quickly they seem to back away and climb further but tend not to engage as readily as others.

Clearly its their choice and there is no right way of doing things but if they are in a fight rather than thinking either;

Great easy kills, or this will be dangerous but fun, I tend to think oh dear this could be a bit boring.

I am sure they are trying to perfect something and perhaps when they have it, it will be more exciting but currently it can seem like 5 or so guys perching high over a base and staying there. The best defence is often just stay low as it seems and they never get to you which I am sure is not the idea. Climbing up to them is often a bit like a waste of time as if you are on your own they get you and if you have anything like equal numbers they seem to just climb more and back away.

This is just my experience and perhaps some of my squaddies, do others have the same expeirience of this?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:21:03 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Re: Does LD's flying style make the game boring for the rest of us.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 07:31:11 AM »
Ruins the fun for me if they don't want to get down and dirty. It's a game, what's the
point in living? I do enough living with this 'real life' crap anyway.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 07:39:21 AM »
that seems to be how they work, and its pretty effective :uhoh

boring? sure if everybody flew that way, but it would be boring if everyone flew 190 suicide dar runs, or eveyone flew in circles at 120mph in I16s. variety is the spice of life :)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 07:43:13 AM »
"loose deuce" would mean something i suppose  or not   :D
mobilis in mobile

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 07:46:53 AM »
Just to be clear I am not trying to tell anyone what to do I am just interested what others think.

I also realise 10 guys turning up from "The Few" (Many  :D) can kill a furball and turn it into a vulch. What makes the game interesting is the shifting dynamic.

that seems to be how they work, and its pretty effective :uhoh

boring? sure if everybody flew that way, but it would be boring if everyone flew 190 suicide dar runs, or eveyone flew in circles at 120mph in I16s. variety is the spice of life :)

I probably haven't seen what their doing working at its best. I would suggest its a tactic that makes allot of sense when you are heavily out numbered but otherwise I am not sure. The idea I would have thought is to drive down but you then have to accept other cons may join the fight above you.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:03:48 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 07:52:44 AM »
Not meant to be offensive or troll just saying.

I notice they tend to stay high one makes a pass then they are all back up high again. If you climb up to them and they can't kill you quickly they seem to back away and climb further but tend not to engage as readily as others.

Clearly its their choice and there is no right way of doing things but if they are in a fight rather than thinking either;

Great easy kills, or this will be dangerous but fun, I tend to think oh dear this could be a bit boring.

I am sure they are trying to perfect something and perhaps when they have it, it will be more exciting but currently it can seem like 5 or so guys perching high over a base and staying there. The best defence is often just stay low as it seems and they never get to you which I am sure is not the idea. Climbing up to them is often a bit like a waste of time as if you are on your own they get you and if you have anything like equal numbers they seem to just climb more and back away.

This is just my experience and perhaps some of my squaddies do others have the same expeirience of this?

As the Founder and CO of the ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~ Squadron let me just quote some of your Squadmates and others too

excellent group of guys know exactly what there doing. <S> loose deuce !!!

<S> Loose Deuce!!

I dont really know anyone outta this squad but over the past week i have been in combat beside some of their members and they seem a class act real nice people and cleared my tail more than once.

Congrats on a year gone fella's - always fun to fly with or against ya (preferably with as you keep killing me when against lol.....)

Oh yeah, and do what BlauK said, I'll look forward to meeting/seeing ya there in Virrat!!

:salute

Wurzel

Dhyran and crew are amongst the classiest in the game.  Great squadron of gents!

:salute

Way

I've had quite a few run ins with Gunhog and Trogdor this week usually resulting in a 38G careening out of the sky and digging a deep crater in the ground, both gents were gracious in victory and the occasional defeat.  Someone looking for a home could be well served trying Loose Deuce on for size.

only some comments, told me in the past we didn't choose the wrong way

just to add, we fly to rtb, we are looking for a good fight but we don't run low into a furball, We love to fly and enjoying the good times with friends, We fly and fight together! Most LD members are flying online for more than 8-10 years

If we wanna gamble, we start a Challenge at the SDL! So if you think we are lame sticks and we are boring for the gameplay please ask yourself why we LD won the last year SDL season

Maybe an remark, we are an international Squadron, average age around 40, most having family, childs and working hard at their jobs! We are 50% europeans and 50% US timezone players so forgive us that we don't fly low and dies quickly over and over in all the furballs.

<S>
dhyran
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:00:24 AM by dhyran »

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 07:57:45 AM »
No doubt I havent seen you at your best.

You certainly have something to win SDL like that  :salute.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:01:07 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 08:02:28 AM »
No doubt I havent seen you at your best.

You certainly have something to win SDL like that  :salute.

well, i just didn't get your point yarbles? Maybe you should read along on our homepage, we have some descripions there how we wanna fly and fight

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 08:03:34 AM »
Yarbles are you the pot or the kettle?
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 08:04:24 AM »

:lol
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 08:05:12 AM »
:lol :rofl

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 08:06:36 AM »
well, i just didn't get your point yarbles? Maybe you should read along on our homepage, we have some descripions there how we wanna fly and fight

Yeah perhaps I just don't understand what you are trying to achieve. I will have a look.
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 08:09:58 AM »
I respect the way Loose Deuce operate and if their members choose to focus on scoring a couple of victories together, while risking very little, then more power to them.

<S> Dhyran and LD, I can't wait for our next SDL match.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 08:10:43 AM »
:lol :rofl

:rofl :lol :rofl

Its all good fun when people don't take it too seriously.

No offence Dhryan I will try and work out what your up to if my tiny brain can comprehend it  :D

DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 08:13:49 AM »
I respect the way Loose Deuce operate and if their members choose to focus on scoring a couple of victories together, while risking very little, then more power to them.

<S> Dhyran and LD, I can't wait for our next SDL match.

I assume the goal requires allot of well practiced team work which is major challenge for any squad. Done right I expect it can achieve allot more than that.  

SDL will be interesting as "The Few" have a surfeit of very skillfull sticks (I am not including myself in that) but LD perhaps might counter that with disciplined team play. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:19:36 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP