Author Topic: Does LD's flying style make the game boring for the rest of us.  (Read 8747 times)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Does LD's flying style make the game boring for the rest of us.
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 08:14:39 AM »
Yarbles are you the pot or the kettle?

To be fair, Yarbles has a hard time staying airborne, let alone being an effective wingman to cherry pick with. :devil
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:19:00 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 08:17:39 AM »
I comprehend it fine.  :aok
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 08:22:47 AM »
I also realise 10 guys turning up from "The Few" (Many  :D) can kill a furball and turn it into a vulch. What makes the game interesting is the shifting dynamic.
Well, if theres a 25 v 25 furball (whats not a small one), and 10 of ya guys show up, sure you can kill everyone   ;)
Same with the LD.
But i hear you Yarbles, todays "if i dont have all the cards, then RUN!" behaviour is tiring and boring. And generally not good.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 08:25:21 AM »
To be fair, Yarbles has a hard time staying airborne, let alone being an effective wingman to cherry pick with. :devil

Well I don't get much chance to wing with you when you spend all your time on here  :D
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2011, 08:25:38 AM »

SDL will be interesting as "The Few" have a surfeit of very skillfull sticks (I am not including myself in that) but LD perhaps might counter that with disciplined team play.  

like i said after the last years SDL match againts the few, "the few have a few better sticks than LD, but they didn't stick together! But we did" We are focused on teamplay, thats why you see allways a bunch of LDs together.

And we take not La7s or spit16, we took our time also in slower climbers and play for the happy ending  ;)

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 08:26:37 AM »
Yarbles, I seem to remember a while back that you and I had five or six 1v1s in the MA.  You were in the Spit8 or 9 and me in the P-40E.  Every time I had to come to your base and you were always thousands of feet over my head.  You would do BnZ until you finally got some hits on my flaps and then you would actually engage in a turn fight.  I died every time the same way and every time you did the same fraidy cat fight.  So to answer your question, yes it is boring.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 08:32:43 AM »
It's very rare to find players who admire solid teamwork and tactics these days.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 08:33:42 AM »
Yarbles, I seem to remember a while back that you and I had five or six 1v1s in the MA.  You were in the Spit8 or 9 and me in the P-40E.  Every time I had to come to your base and you were always thousands of feet over my head.  You would do BnZ until you finally got some hits on my flaps and then you would actually engage in a turn fight.  I died every time the same way and every time you did the same fraidy cat fight.  So to answer your question, yes it is boring.

Yes I think thats because I worked out you were a better stick than me  ;) So I thought this is how I can kill this guy.

What do you think I should have done differently?

I think most of us want to improve in as well as enjoy the game. Cautious play at the individual level seems to hold back the develoment of skills sometimes as well as being a bit boring for the opponent.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:44:55 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 08:41:36 AM »
It's very rare to find players who admire solid teamwork and tactics these days.

:old:
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 08:43:09 AM »
So you're concerned that your flying style might be boring for LD? If they're complaining they can probably just find somebody else to fight.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 08:48:32 AM »
Yes I think thats because I worked out you were a better stick than me  ;) So I thought this is how I can kill this guy.

What do you think I should have done differently?

If you wanted the best chance to win, nothing.  If you wanted to challenge yourself, try meeting me at 5k like I kept coming in at.  After the first two victories, maybe you could have tried to meet me on even terms.  You had the plane advantage for a TnB fight.

But the reason I posted was merely to point out the hypocrisy of this thread.  Play the game your way but don't complain that others are doing the exact same things you do.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 08:49:54 AM »
So you're concerned that your flying style might be boring for LD? If they're complaining they can probably just find somebody else to fight.

You never will see an LD pilot complaing about other playstyle! If so he isn't anymore an LD pilot! Thats written down at our ruleset and all members agreed thoose

http://www.loose-deuce.net/rules/

:salute

dhyran

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2011, 08:50:59 AM »
Yarbles, I seem to remember a while back that you and I had five or six 1v1s in the MA.  You were in the Spit8 or 9 and me in the P-40E.  Every time I had to come to your base and you were always thousands of feet over my head.  You would do BnZ until you finally got some hits on my flaps and then you would actually engage in a turn fight.  I died every time the same way and every time you did the same fraidy cat fight.  So to answer your question, yes it is boring.
Thats funny I was thinking about the same thing.  I was in a SBD and him in a Spit several K above me.  BnZ and the entire time.  Missing quite a few times as well.  The I got my oil hit and was going to RTB then he comes zooming in for the kill.  

So in my opinion, threads like these are pointless, and never really end well.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2011, 08:53:09 AM »

So in my opinion, threads like these are pointless, and never really end well.

thats right but i had to answer that one .....

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2011, 08:55:36 AM »
You never will see an LD pilot complaing about other playstyle! If so he isn't anymore an LD pilot! Thats written down at our ruleset and all members agreed thoose

http://www.loose-deuce.net/rules/

:salute

dhyran

I wish more squadrons would impliment that rule, my own included. It's simply bad taste. I find people who think they're above others because of the plane they choose to fly is bad taste also.

And we take not La7s or spit16
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:50:29 AM by Kazaa »