Author Topic: Does LD's flying style make the game boring for the rest of us.  (Read 8961 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: Does LD's flying style make the game boring for the rest of us.
« Reply #180 on: February 22, 2011, 03:30:09 AM »
well, how can you point at when you don't have the chance to get on that time? looks more like a free rider posting.....

I've ran into you guys on occasion on the weekends in the morning.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #181 on: February 22, 2011, 03:36:09 AM »
I've ran into you guys on occasion on the weekends in the morning.

so it looks like you draw a conclusion on our squadron by just fighting us for maybe 2-3 hours per month?
We LD flown last month 610:08:20 in the MA and several dozen hours scenarios and AvA

So seems to me more like you believe in fortune-telling......

well, draw you own conclusion but better do it bullet proofed otherwise you only fool yourself

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #182 on: February 22, 2011, 03:51:27 AM »
so it looks like you draw a conclusion on our squadron by just fighting us for maybe 2-3 hours per month?
We LD flown last month 610:08:20 in the MA and several dozen hours scenarios and AvA
So seems to me more like you believe in fortune-telling......
well, draw you own conclusion but better do it bullet proofed otherwise you only fool yourself
Well, I hope your correct and my encounters with your squad were exceptions, although I suspect otherwise. I don't need to look at a duck for 2-3 hours monthly to identify a duck, and I know you don't either.

==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #183 on: February 22, 2011, 04:00:14 AM »
Well, I hope your correct and my encounters with your squad were exceptions, although I suspect otherwise. I don't need to look at a duck for 2-3 hours monthly to identify a duck, and I know you don't either.

no, i decide about something when i got all facts together, but i don't judge about people/squadrons flyingstyle, if they are noobs aces or whatever. I learned to accept the difference. Play your own game with friends and having a good time. If you gonna be upset about this and that you just steal your own freetime and didn't get what you looking for, just a good time!
just remember there are allways 2 sides of a coin to look at, sure it can be hard to fight several deucers. But why people wanna have allways the easy way. When we changed trough the countrysides of our squadrons beginning we often had some great fights against some other rook based squadrons... high altitude til down and up again! Sometimes over 20 min, but can i blame someone who comes in to help their squadmates? never!

cheers
dhyran
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 04:05:58 AM by dhyran »

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2011, 04:11:27 AM »
I learned to accept the difference. Play your own game with friends and having a good time. If you gonna be upset about this and that you just steal your own freetime and didn't get what you looking for, just a good time!
just remember there are allways 2 sides of a coin to look at

Lol, as I said before, I'm not 'rejecting' you style, I'm stating my experience fighting your squad. Nor was I ever unhappy by an experience, rather, I laughed, and viewed it as a compliment, that whomever the group I was flying with was able to impress you guys enough that all of you were afraid to risk their K/D.

Yarbles, complained, there was a bunch of ankle humping in between and my experiences confirmed Yarbles initial statement. Now, it appears if Yarbles has changed his mind but I stand by my initial statement until I have experiences that contradict my previous experiences.

Oh yeah I highly doubt you never make judgment without full knowledge, if that were the case, you would be the poster child of indecisiveness. Choosing food from a menu at new restaurants must be hell for you. :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 04:14:32 AM by Ardy123 »
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2011, 04:21:26 AM »

Choosing food from a menu at new restaurants must be hell for you. :cheers:

i can tell it is  :cool:  :lol

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2011, 04:24:18 AM »
Scotch...

I found a picture of your fishing boat, for some reason was along the Willamette river between Salem and Albany... :neener:

(Image removed from quote.)

Yeah man, I decided to put the heavy battery under the seat and now that thing is stable like a rock! Albany to Salem is real good fishin. All that sewage spillover and mexican food makes for some fatties!!

That picture of billy is pretty good too! He tried to sell me that car last month, but wanted too much!
-AoM-

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2011, 04:30:57 AM »
Yeah man, I decided to put the heavy battery under the seat and now that thing is stable like a rock! Albany to Salem is real good fishin. All that sewage spillover and mexican food makes for some fatties!!
That picture of billy is pretty good too! He tried to sell me that car last month, but wanted too much!

Ahh, man its nothing like catching a 3 eyes fish from a river that has caught fire before. Yeah, billy tried to sell me that car too, it looked too good on his front lawn, and my donkey didn't want to move it anyway... I'm still roll'n in my old ride...

It beats any prius any day on fuel economy!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: February 22, 2011, 04:45:12 AM »
Yarbles, complained, there was a bunch of ankle humping in between and my experiences confirmed Yarbles initial statement. Now, it appears if Yarbles has changed his mind but I stand by my initial statement until I have experiences that contradict my previous experiences.

I havent changed my mind about my own experiences and there is a certain logic to this as well in that if your goals are:

1) Fly in a group.

2) Secure the advantage

3)All as far as possible rtb.

If you start losing the advantage you will inevitably retreat. It makes such a squad simultaneously illusive and dangerous. Some of the most exciting moments for me have been fighting to retreat along the deck and the chance for the other side to get their own back  making it more exciting for them.

I have to be contrite in my responses  because I am in a squad and acknowledge LD are very skillfull at what they do and have skillfull pilots in their midst as well as the more average like myself.  

If you speculate another squads flying style might detract from the game inevitably your seen as "having a go" and my squaddies have a good realtionship with LD are definatley one of the more mature and reasonable squads in the game. I am not sure that when my squad piles in in large numbers and destroys a furball its not having a very similar effect in terms of people just turning away.

In an ideal world we are able to discuss things with and open mind and not just pound our own point of view out relentlessly.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 05:03:56 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2011, 05:11:04 AM »
How many veterans of AH don't fly in a squad?  I ask the question, because I conducted an experiment not very long ago.  I left my squad so that I was free to change countries, join missions, roam wherever, whenever.  I also, left to confirm what I already knew, the company that we keep while playing AH is as much of the experience as the flying, gving and gunning.  Assembling a tight group of individuals moving in the same direction with the same goals is something that is unique, and even harder to keep together. 

Just added this because, as the subject line suggests, LD don't fly for us.  Godspeed to all squadrons, and a very fond remembrance of all of the members of my first squad, Gruppe Outlaws.  :salute

Duxford Wing RAF  :cheers: Thanks for all the good times, working out some computer issues and hope to be flying again by the end of the month.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2011, 05:16:11 AM »
Waystin, pass the excedrin and a brewski... :bhead :cheers: :bhead..never knew ardy was a loose cannon AH BBS badboy. And here I thought in real life he was an executive in a multinational corporation.......

The premis of this thread has about as much validity as the family argument at Thanksgiving over light and dark meat. There is a moral about the end result in here some place. Personaly I like the stuffing and a good red wine. Some people like the mashed potatoes smothered in gravey and slices of breast with a dry white wine. Now pecan pie to me is much better than pumpkin pie.....

By the end of the dinner it's all leftovers and garbage. Next year same time, same place, same argument. Heck depending on the family they even argue over how many times to flush to be courtious. Once for the solids. Twice for the floaters and your mommas nose. Bet there are families that argue over the brand, ply and how may times to wipe.

Looks like we got some 3 plyers, two flushers and dry white breast men in this old argument.......some thanksgivings I change things up with a goose, boar, duck, suckling pig even sushi and a half gallon of sake. The best was a whole roasted lamb, root vegetables in the coals and a 25 year old single malt.

So I guess this one gets updated to the BBS complaint database under:

I'm pissed because you won't play the game the way I want you to because I am an expert on how the game should be played. Subcatigory: Only accomplished 1 vs. 1 deulists really know how to play this game.

So, red or white wine with this whine?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: February 22, 2011, 05:32:24 AM »
I'm pissed because you won't play the game the way I want you to because I am an expert on how the game should be played. Subcatigory: Only accomplished 1 vs. 1 deulists really know how to play this game.

So, red or white wine with this whine?

I think you have just seen what you want to and what corresponds to your personal beef. To be clear for the umpteenth time I just related my limited experience which I acknowledged was limited and asked what others had experienced. In the process we have looked at a particular style of team flying.

Is it that people have seen so much flaming now they can't see anything else?

BTW most of what you say rings true but I think the style of the original post was more an enquiry than a whine.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 05:45:43 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2011, 05:44:42 AM »
I havent changed my mind about my own experiences and there is a certain logic to this as well in that if your goals are:

1) Fly in a group.

2) Secure the advantage

3)All as far as possible rtb.

If you start losing the advantage you will inevitably retreat. It makes such a squad simultaneously illusive and dangerous. Some of the most exciting moments for me have been fighting to retreat along the deck and the chance for the other side to get their own back  making it more exciting for them.

I have to be contrite in my responses  because I am in a squad and acknowledge LD are very skillfull at what they do and have skillfull pilots in their midst as well as the more average like myself.  

If you speculate another squads flying style might detract from the game inevitably your seen as "having a go" and my squaddies have a good realtionship with LD are definatley one of the more mature and reasonable squads in the game. I am not sure that when my squad piles in in large numbers and destroys a furball its not having a very similar effect in terms of people just turning away.

In an ideal world we are able to discuss things with and open mind and not just pound our own point of view out relentlessly.

Its allright yarbles,

now come to the Eurocon and lets have a good beer together! Just ask Klingan, its a blast!  :rock

http://322ndsqn1strofthenetherlands.yuku.com/topic/2449/EUROCON-2011-MAIN-INFO

4 Days of Rockn'roll, but hurry up, only 7-8 seats left open!
A great Event organised by the great orange dweebs from the 1st. Rof

this was last years agenda, guess we will something similar again this year:

Time flies? Nahhh it just goes fast! :-D

One week out, we're almost there gents,  sooo high command released this document to the public..

~~ a big ~S~ from the crew ~~

-----------------------------------------------------
--=== PROGRAM EUROCON 2010 ===--

"Thunder" Thursday, April 15

Early morning - Preparing the network and con room by the crew.
14:00 - Convention (room) is officially open / arrival guests at the hotel.
18:00 - Dinner in the hotel is served.
19:30 - Opening evening, greetings, drinking, chatting, gaming, battle zone deployment!
20:30 - "Operation Orange Welcome" (Aces High mission) [details at the con]

"Awesome" Friday, April 16

08:15 - till 09:30 - Breakfast time! For a good engine start we probably need this ;)
09:00 - "Free Hunt"
12:30 - Lunch
13:00 - sharp! Leave to the Euro-Paintball battlefield !
13:30 - "The Euro-Paintball event"
We will be deployed into the dark woods of Maasbree close by, for some capture the flag action! We have better ammo than we had with the lasers ;) Yep run for it, we have live paintball ammo now!! muhahaha! Don't worry guys it won't be a dropping this time... ;) Make sure you bring some sturdy shoes/boots, rest of the outfits are arranged. When the masters and aces of sniping are done we will finish the afternoon with a nice BBQ on location..

17:30 ~~~The orange dweeb Country BBQ Grill ~~~
That's right! We couldn't take the risk that people like Tomkin(tm) would return to HQ with an empty stomach.. He needs his well deserved MEAT(tm)... And of course it's needed in preparation for consuming the FPO, hmmm...

20:00 - 'Aces High Special Event' [SDL match 15 vs 15]
21:30 - "FPO Baptism Ceremony"; Don't know what this is.. A special request from 'Kossu' to put this strange item on the program...

"Free" Saturday,  April 17

08:15 - till 09:30 - Breakfast. Always a surprise how many people make it to the tables :D
09:30 - Free Saturday people! We swapped the Friday with Saturday. Now you dweebs could take it easy and do whatever you want.
Consider this as a compliment after the most likely FPO war that took place on Friday night...

13.00 - Lunch at hotel
14:00 - "Flower's siesta"
When our Spanish rose takes a nap, we will take this opportunity to start a war or whatever you like :D.
Some co-op stuff, missions, you name it...
Want to try some games? Want to try WarBirds/AcesHigh/BattleGround Europe with a free account? Check the whiteboard for more info..

If anyone feels to abandon his PC there are loads of options to consider. Want to go skiing? No problem. The Jever Skihalle in Neuss (DE) is a 40 minute drive from our place.
Check here!

Liberty Park - Overloon (war museum)
You want to go to the museum in Overloon (same place we visited in 2004 if you were there)
That is a 20 minute drive from our stay.
Check here!

19:00 - Write up for the 2vs2 duel. And guess what, we changed the rules ;)
No more "trainer" teams, at least that's what we will try. We will be drawing lots. And an official will make sure that everything goes by the book...

20:00 - --== WarBirds 2vs2 ==--
Who will bring the title of 2010 to his home? We could be looking at some big surprises since the teams could be very different than they used to be...
Accounts are sponsored by iEN again, so everyone can play. The show will be hosted by Unguis!
After the match we will have the winners/price ceremony and again we will announce the new "EuroPilot Of The Year" !

"Final" Sunday, April 18

08:15 - till 09:30 - Breakfast.
10:00 - Gaming (free 4 all)
Start your final flights and/or lock and load. The final games are running...

13:00 - Lunch; We'll get you a final lunch before you leave. Of course we want to make sure that everyone returns in good shape <g>
14:00 - Anything else beyond this time? We're afraid not. The only words we have left are:
"The End of Eurocon 2010 ..." Have a safe trip back everyone! ~S~

cheers

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 05:51:43 AM by dhyran »

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: February 22, 2011, 05:50:35 AM »
Its allright yarbles,

now come to the Eurocon and lets have a good beer together! Just ask Klingan, its a blast!  :rock

http://322ndsqn1strofthenetherlands.yuku.com/topic/2449/EUROCON-2011-MAIN-INFO

4 Days of Rockn'roll

this was last years agenda, guess we will something similar again this year:

Time flies? Nahhh it just goes fast! :-D

One week out, we're almost there gents,  sooo high command released this document to the public..

~~ a big ~S~ from the crew ~~

--=== PROGRAM EUROCON 2010 ===--

"Thunder" Thursday, April 15

Early morning - Preparing the network and con room by the crew.
14:00 - Convention (room) is officially open / arrival guests at the hotel.
19:30 - Opening evening, greetings, drinking, chatting, gaming, battle zone deployment!
20:30 - "Operation Orange Welcome" (Aces High mission) [details at the con]

"Awesome" Friday, April 16

08:15 - till 09:30 - Breakfast time! For a good engine start we probably need this ;)
09:00 - "Free Hunt"
12:30 - Lunch
13:00 - sharp! Leave to the Euro-Paintball battlefield !
13:30 - "The Euro-Paintball event"
We will be deployed into the dark woods of Maasbree close by, for some capture the flag action! We have better ammo than we had with the lasers ;) Yep run for it, we have live paintball ammo now!! muhahaha! Don't worry guys it won't be a dropping this time... ;) Make sure you bring some sturdy shoes/boots, rest of the outfits are arranged. When the masters and aces of sniping are done we will finish the afternoon with a nice BBQ on location..

17:30 ~~~The orange dweeb Country BBQ Grill ~~~
That's right! We couldn't take the risk that people like Tomkin(tm) would return to HQ with an empty stomach.. He needs his well deserved MEAT(tm)... And of course it's needed in preparation for consuming the FPO, hmmm...

20:00 - 'Aces High Special Event' [details at the con]
21:30 - "FPO Baptism Ceremony"; Don't know what this is.. A special request from 'Kossu' to put this strange item on the program...

"Free" Saturday,  April 17

08:15 - till 09:30 - Breakfast. Always a surprise how many people make it to the tables :D
09:30 - Free Saturday people! We swapped the Friday with Saturday. Now you dweebs could take it easy and do whatever you want.
Consider this as a compliment after the most likely FPO war that took place on Friday night...

13.00 - Lunch at hotel
14:00 - "Flower's siesta"
When our Spanish rose takes a nap, we will take this opportunity to start a war or whatever you like :D.
Some co-op stuff, missions, you name it...
Want to try some games? Want to try WarBirds/AcesHigh/BattleGround Europe with a free account? Check the whiteboard for more info..

If anyone feels to abandon his PC there are loads of options to consider. Want to go skiing? No problem. The Jever Skihalle in Neuss (DE) is a 40 minute drive from our place.
Check here!

Liberty Park - Overloon (war museum)
You want to go to the museum in Overloon (same place we visited in 2004 if you were there)
That is a 20 minute drive from our stay.
Check here!

19:00 - Write up for the 2vs2 duel. And guess what, we changed the rules ;)
No more "trainer" teams, at least that's what we will try. We will be drawing lots. And an official will make sure that everything goes by the book...

20:00 - --== WarBirds 2vs2 ==--
Who will bring the title of 2010 to his home? We could be looking at some big surprises since the teams could be very different than they used to be...
Accounts are sponsored by iEN again, so everyone can play. The show will be hosted by Unguis!
After the match we will have the winners/price ceremony and again we will announce the new "EuroPilot Of The Year" !

"Final" Sunday, April 18

08:15 - till 09:30 - Breakfast.
10:00 - Gaming (free 4 all)
Start your final flights and/or lock and load. The final games are running...

13:00 - Lunch; We'll get you a final lunch before you leave. Of course we want to make sure that everyone returns in good shape <g>
14:00 - Anything else beyond this time? We're afraid not. The only words we have left are:
"The End of Eurocon 2010 ..." Have a safe trip back everyone! ~S~

cheers

:x
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2011, 05:53:55 AM »
:x

all that for only 200€ all meat incl. only some euros for some beer, and thats it
Lots of finns inbound this year too!
I will spend the first round of Beer!