Author Topic: Help Mapping Wheel Brakes  (Read 629 times)

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
Help Mapping Wheel Brakes
« on: February 16, 2011, 11:38:23 PM »
They aren't working for me.  I have brakes mapped to a stick button....but I'm not getting any braking.

I have CH pedals....I would like to map the brakes to the pedals but either my "brake pedal" function isn't working (I'm not seeing any change when calibrating, etc) or I've missed something in the setup.

Thanks
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Help Mapping Wheel Brakes
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 07:44:03 AM »
Do the brakes work when you map them to keyboard keys, and does the stick button work when you map it to something else (e.g. fire primary)?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 08:32:01 AM »
No, in game the brakes are not working.

All other buttons/functions work as designed.

Has me a bit puzzled.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 08:59:29 AM »
If the brakes are mapped to an analog control the keyboard brakes won't work. When you select the rudder controller in the AH controller setup you should see the rudder axis and the 2 pedal axis. Did you assign each pedal to the corresponding wheel brake and calibrate it?

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 03:14:20 PM »
If the brakes are mapped to an analog control the keyboard brakes won't work. When you select the rudder controller in the AH controller setup you should see the rudder axis and the 2 pedal axis. Did you assign each pedal to the corresponding wheel brake and calibrate it?

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, brakes are mapped to both the analog and keyboard...will deactivate them from the pedals and see if keyboard will work.

I don't think my pedal brakes are working...when I move the pedal I don't see the indicator change.....rudder function works fine however.

< S>
Columbo

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 03:21:28 PM »
Do you have CH USB pedals?

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 03:39:51 PM »
Do you have CH USB pedals?

Ok, brakes work now both from keyboard and with button on throttle.

Yes, I have CH stick, throttle and pedals, all USB.
Columbo

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 04:08:49 PM »
Do the pedal brakes work in the windows game controller?

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 01:41:54 PM »
Do the pedal brakes work in the windows game controller?

The rudder/yaw funtion works in game controller.  The "brake" function (x and y axis I think) do not.
Columbo

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 03:11:06 PM »
Did you install the CH control manager software? I'm wondering if it's a driver problem. You might also contact CH in case you have a bad set of pedals.

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 12:16:51 PM »
Did you install the CH control manager software? I'm wondering if it's a driver problem. You might also contact CH in case you have a bad set of pedals.

What?  They wear out? I've only had them....a long time. <G>

I boot my Mac into Windows to fly AH.  There is no CH software for the Mac so I never think of it.  I'll see if I can find the disc and check it out.  Thanks.

I've never used pedal brakes in other sims so it's not a showstopper if they don't work now...the button/keyboard combo does the job.
Columbo

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 06:28:07 PM »
Just for future info, if you're using Bootcamp to load Windows, then you are in Windows OS, not Mac OS. CH Control Manager for Windows should work.

There was a design defect in CH pedals leading to the control wire for toe brakes crimping and/or breaking. You aren't alone if the toe brakes don't work. They can be repaired, but it takes some fiddling. Re-assembling the unit is troublesome because of the springs.