Author Topic: Squad Shopping...  (Read 372 times)

Offline Fishbone

• Zinc Member
Squad Shopping...
« on: December 26, 2001, 12:02:00 PM »
I was wondering if there are any squadrons in AH right now that are looking for experienced Bomber pilots.
Here's what I'm interested in.

A squad that:

-Has a decent number of members (say 20 or more)
-Has a defined chain of command with a rank system, which they adhere to.
-Conduct strategic operations, and not just out to furball
-Is made up of dedicated team players
-Is very active
-Bonus: Possibly plays the role of a WWII Squadron, IE: Uses Correct terminology on radio, calls Mayday's, etc.

I know this may be a tall order, but if anyone fits the bill, I'd like to speak with the recruiter.

FB

Offline Durr

• Copper Member
      • http://us.geocities.com/ghostrider305
Squad Shopping...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2002, 05:27:00 AM »
1st Air Commando Group is recruiting

Here is how we line up to what you are looking for:

-Number of members, currently 5-7, that is why we are recruiting.  We are a fairly new squad, our first whole tour was November, so we dont have many members yet.  When we reach 12, I will probably stop recruiting as hard, so we can have time to get to know each other and work on our team tactics together.  Then, we will start recruiting again.

-We have a defined chain of command.
-We are definitely strategic in nature, with the goal of helping our team win the war.  We have mostly played in the MA in the past, but I personally prefer the new CT setup, which is more historical, so we will probably concentrate our squad ops in there from now on.  
-We highly emphasize teamplay.
-I dont know how you define "very active", and we dont have the numbers yet to really conduct effective squad ops, but eventually I would like to see us have one squad night each week, and also participate in the TOD, either the Friday or the Saturday one, whichever is better for our members.  I, personally, almost always fly in all special events, and can be found online on any weekend night, and some nights during the week as well.
-Our squad is based on a historical USAAF group that fought in the CBI theatre during WW2.  The squad is as historically accurate as possible, given the constraints of this game.  

Check our website out, there is a lot more info about the squad there. http://us.geocities.com/ghostrider305  

I know we dont have the large numbers that you are looking for yet, but the advantage of that is that you can get in on the ground floor and help build up the squad.  It will be easier for the early joiners to make rank within the squad since most of the leadership positions are still open.

If you are interested, email me or send me a private message here.  That goes for anybody else that reads this and is interested.

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Durr ]