Author Topic: Offline lead assist command  (Read 582 times)

Offline BuckP

• Nickel Member
Offline lead assist command
« on: February 18, 2011, 01:09:07 PM »
A couple years ago when I started playing AH, I spent a good bit of time offline in a field gun or an Osti getting familiar with how much lead it takes at the different ranges.  There was a dot command that gave a lead assist, showing a mark out in front the selected target to help us get used to the correct leads.  Lately I have been searching for that command again, wanting to brush up offline and work on shooting farther out, however I can't seem to find what it is anymore.  

Anyone know it?  Anyone recall it?   It was a great gunnery assist tool for offline practice.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 01:14:36 PM by BuckP »

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: Offline lead assist command
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 01:38:46 PM »
There is a LeadComputingGunsight in the Arena settings. I don't know exactly where it is in there, but it is what you are looking for.  :salute
Strokes

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 01:41:44 PM »
There is a LeadComputingGunsight in the Arena settings. I don't know exactly where it is in there

Options->Arena Setup-> Envirnonment-> Arena Setting-> "General" ->Flight Mode Flags: Lead Computed Gunsight

TAB to lock on, if doing this on a friendly plane, you have to CTRL-TAB first to enable friendly lock.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BuckP

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 05:10:56 PM »
Thanks for the replies, I will check it out.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 02:42:50 AM »
After you get that thingy enabled do this.

Go to an airfield that has a northern runway at the waters edge.

1. Get in the feild ack on the northe facing runway at the edge of the water.
2. Use the .target xxxx command and start at 400 yards.
3. Work from 400 to 4500 yards. 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500, 4000, 4500
4. Draw a big picture of the manned ack gunsight and use full zoom magnification.
5. At each one of these distances shoot to hit the red horizontal line. It's centered on your gunsight from 0 to infinity. You just need to undertstand the trajectory to get a round to hit at any known distance.
6. When you know you are hitting on the red line, mark your gunsight picture and distance.

You can fire and pull the gunsight aside to see where the rounds are hitting. You will also see hit sprites through the center post of the gunsight if you are hitting on the target. You want to understand where these distances are relative to the gunsight to help you fine tune your elevations when tracking a con. Or shooting tanks attacking your airfield. Eventualy this will help you extrapolate the shore battery and the 5inch on ships.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.