Author Topic: new disconect sistem  (Read 3631 times)

Offline Sid

• Copper Member
      • "SWIFT" 72 Squadron
Re: new disconect sistem
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 07:15:22 PM »
+1  :aok
Oculus Rift user.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2011, 07:25:34 PM »
i have to ask...have any of you "me likee" fellas really thought about this?

let's say you're in the lw and flying along grabbing alt looking for a good fight...or maybe you're bomtarding it...you disco  :joystick: ...restart  :huh ...log back in  :mad: ...find the arena  :rolleyes: ...jump back in...you're in tower? what happened?  :furious

someone came along and found your afk plane low, slow and level...decided to shoot it down for you...

did this new "feature" do you any good?

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 07:27:24 PM »
Would it do you any worse?
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 09:15:47 PM »

let's say you're in the lw and flying along grabbing alt looking for a good fight...or maybe you're bomtarding it...you disco  :joystick: ...restart  :huh ...log back in  :mad: ...find the arena  :rolleyes: ...jump back in...you're in tower? what happened?  :furious

someone came along and found your afk plane low, slow and level...decided to shoot it down for you...

This story has two possible outcomes: You come back, nobody shot your plane, you are still alive and can continue your mission. That's better than before
You come back, but find that someone had shot your afk plane and you are in tower. In thise case it's not worse than before, you had been "dead" anyway.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 09:45:51 PM »

I will ask you the same question

If this was not in effect then when you discoed and then came back guess where you will be....the tower (OMG!)

Again if you did not die guess where you will be...back where you started.

The only way is up for this option
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 09:49:55 PM »
Mt experience with this in WoT is possitive, Its got to be better than how it is now. I discoed a trio of Bettys in FSO three weeks ago costing the team 25pts and was only a sector and a half from home.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 07:55:18 AM »
Mt experience with this in WoT is possitive, Its got to be better than how it is now. I discoed a trio of Bettys in FSO three weeks ago costing the team 25pts and was only a sector and a half from home.
the difference in wot is that the tank does not keep going when you disco...it stops...the server does not have to continue tracking the vehicle as it moves then attempt to put you back in it when you get back in...
in wot you don't have 300+ people moving around on the same battleground, unlike ah...
you don't get kicked to the desktop when you disco in wot...

I will ask you the same question

If this was not in effect then when you discoed and then came back guess where you will be....the tower (OMG!)

Again if you did not die guess where you will be...back where you started.

The only way is up for this option
if you look at the big picture...behind the scenes and all...you will realize there is no way but down for this option
jarhed  

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2011, 09:12:44 AM »
moin

i gues the only one who can tell us if it is posible or not is Hitech!

if it is not posible because of any reason its not nice but we will lif with that.
if it is posible it would be nice to ade because it will improve the game a bit.

cu chris3

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2011, 11:38:14 AM »
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:46:06 AM by lengro »
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2011, 02:11:06 PM »
moin

i have just seen a new sistem in world of tanks.
if you got a diconect you do have 2 minet to get back in game and you strad were you get diconected.

this would be a nice adition to AH, if you got dicoed your plane or tank just drive straig ahed until you are back in the game.
expeziale it woul be nice if we get this in spezial events, nothing is kills the fun more climbing 1 houer and get dicoed close to the target.

if this is posible in programming, what do you think?

cu christian

I think I understand your motives, but IMHO there are simply too many ways for something like this to be exploited.

I do totally get your frustration with discos, though.  A couple tours back (LW #131) I had a perfect 40/40 sorties landed, and then two verfluchter discos.  And, even worse, just recently I ran afoul of a disco in an FSO frame (2011/02/18).  Grrr...

So, with respect, I must vote:   -1

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2011, 02:29:27 PM »
moin

can you tell me how it can be used in a wrong way? i can t imagine any way?

cu chris3

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2011, 02:31:22 PM »
moin

can you tell me how it can be used in a wrong way? i can t imagine any way?

cu chris3
^
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2011, 04:08:02 PM »
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2011, 06:17:23 PM »
the difference in wot is that the tank does not keep going when you disco...it stops...the server does not have to continue tracking the vehicle as it moves then attempt to put you back in it when you get back in...
in wot you don't have 300+ people moving around on the same battleground, unlike ah...
you don't get kicked to the desktop when you disco in wot...

if you look at the big picture...behind the scenes and all...you will realize there is no way but down for this option

Please elaborate

First off IF you get disco two things happen:

A.) your plane gets shot down and you start back in the tower when you reconnect. Still a death regardless if you reconnected with or without this option.

B.) your in your B29/262 and you get a disco while climbing out to altitude. You have the ability to reconnect and pick up where the autopilot has taken you in the time since you lost connection.

I do NOT see how this can be a bad thing. Please tell us. Enlighten us. If you can bring up legit problems with this I will reconsider my position.
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2011, 06:47:56 PM »
Please elaborate

First off IF you get disco two things happen:

A.) your plane gets shot down and you start back in the tower when you reconnect. Still a death regardless if you reconnected with or without this option.
that statement shoots itself down...if ending up in tower is the end result regardless of fix/no fix, then there is no need for htc to spend countless hours undertaking the monumental task of trying to code it properly, and address all the whines about it not working the way some know it all thinks it should...as there is no benefit one way or the other

B.) your in your B29/262 and you get a disco while climbing out to altitude. You have the ability to reconnect and pick up where the autopilot has taken you in the time since you lost connection.

I do NOT see how this can be a bad thing. Please tell us. Enlighten us. If you can bring up legit problems with this I will reconsider my position.
i'm just gonna take a guess and figure you don't understand the difference between an instance where the disco does not shut the game down and the object the client system was attached to comes to a dead stop...and an instance where the disco shuts the games connection to the server down completely and the object one was attached to does not remain stationary and forces the need for more information to be passed between the client and the server which puts a larger load on the server since every single client attached to the server (200 - 300+) has to be tracked...unless the toon gets shot down, then all the calculations get terminated until the client reconnects...

think server load, lag, bigger data streams, more instances of discoes...this "fix" goes beyond the end of ones nose

again...wot - 30 players max per battlefield
ah - hundreds

wot - tank stops on a disco
ah - can't stop a plane in mid air (unless you really want htc to code it that way)

wot - disco does not kill the game and disconnect the client system completely
ah - disco causes complete shutdown of game and connection forcing a restart
jarhed