Author Topic: just logged out at 10:55 pm eastern  (Read 4348 times)

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
Re: just logged out at 10:55 pm eastern
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 08:25:59 AM »
ya'll need to step off your "i have standards" pedestals and think before whining...yes i see  :cry  :cry  :cry ....learn to accept the fact that the diaper gang out numbers the adults in ah...the diaper gang is going to poop somewhere you don't like...you need to figure out how to have your "idea of fun" and enjoy yourself in the midst of the diaper gang and other adults who don't share your ideology...learn how to spoil the idiots fun, and they will leave...letting the actions of others dictate what you do, then complaining about it, is feeding their egos...they know how to get to you and will continue until you leave.

thats why Parked my spitty and went Gving thought it was kinda funny watching them swoop down and try to strafe me thru the main gun and when they get close enough Bam HE or AP round to the cockpit, I had a co pilot last night I let my little 5 yr old drive my m4 and he had a blast blowing buildings up at A18 but after an hr of sitting there ya can only do so much damage and he wanted to drive back to base so we split and made the journey home, Hey I am aloud 1 whine post I do not make them to much just speak from the heart on how I feel thats all.

Crazy8s
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 08:31:49 AM »
Shame, shame on you!  :old:

i couldn't help it. i needed to at least land a kill or 2...........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011, 09:23:08 AM »
I agree with OM also.

The cream Will rise to the top . Its all part of the growing pain. No reason to give up on it.

All we can do is lead by example. Its up to us to help educate.

I Simply help the new guys by talking to them politely on coms or text .

If I see and engaged wing man,Ill ask,, oh I see your engaged do you want help?
 I WILL NEVER CLEAR SOMEONES 12,or vulch, or Ho,

If some one does this to me, I politely let them know that type of flying is frowned on by many that frequent the arena. That usually gets em on-board.

The kind that we want here will adjust the kind we don't wont stay here for long.

Those that get way to out of line will start to feel out of place if they don't catch on to what the AVA is all about.

Those that come here with the "airquake mentality" wont sick around for long.

Also many are not used to the NI environment and need time to adjust.
They are fighting to stay alive doing something they are not used too.

We cant control everything, its a public server and we don't own it.

To me the AvA it far better than the alternative.

i had a couple of kills......but no really drag out fights, till i gave up, and killed the trackir for the night. i just couldn't keep an eye on 3, 4, and 5 cons with it yet.

Why not? If that's hapening your settings are off if you cant trak 3,4,5, cons somthing is wrong.
Biggest thing pepole do is move their heads to radically. You should barley have to move your head to look over your shoulder or up or down. If you are barley moving your head and and you cant track then you need to slow down or speed up the tri to match your head movement. Your profile needs to be created so that your views are fluid with out much head movement at all.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:35:05 AM by Nr_RaVeN »
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 09:35:13 AM »
After a couple of weeks off with rig malfunctions, I got on last night.  It was good to see the numbers, old and new faces, and the twin rivers map (Yeah, Ranger! :aok)  But, then I got a bit confused and had to double check the arena I was really in.  

We definitely had ourselves a full blown MA going, ripe with HOs and many 5 or 6 v 1s.  And then, an all time favorite (and what is a sign of weak desperation), get engaged in a great 1 v 1 and then have a friendly and a couple of his buds dive into the fight (uninvited and unneeded) once the bandit's energy is depleted and start hammering away.  

To you guys that have that burning need for fast, cheap shot kills, simply go to the opposite side's base and vulch them as they spawn or get a GV and camp their hangar(oh, that was going on last night also).  You'll get way more kills faster that way and with a whole lot less effort.  Oh, yeah, that's how it's done in the MAs day in and day out and with hundreds more cheap kills to be had.

So, it begs the question; if you are looking for a lot of quick, cheap, kills, why roam an arena with relatively lower numbers vs the MAs where you can rack 'em up really quick and get your name in lights on the Aces High home page? Not trying to discourage anyone from participating in the AvA, just a thought. :joystick:  

Check Six! :uhoh  

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 09:50:05 AM »
I agree with OM also.

The cream Will rise to the top . Its all part of the growing pain. No reason to give up on it.

All we can do is lead by example. Its up to us to help educate.

I Simply help the new guys by talking to them politely on coms or text .

If I see and engaged wing man,Ill ask,, oh I see your engaged do you want help?
 I WILL NEVER CLEAR SOMEONES 12,or vulch, or Ho,

If some one does this to me, I politely let them know that type of flying is frowned on by many that frequent the arena. That usually gets em on-board.

The kind that we want here will adjust the kind we don't wont stay here for long.

Those that get way to out of line will start to feel out of place if they don't catch on to what the AVA is all about.

Those that come here with the "airquake mentality" wont sick around for long.

Also many are not used to the NI environment and need time to adjust.
They are fighting to stay alive doing something they are not used too.

We cant control everything, its a public server and we don't own it.

To me the AvA it far better than the alternative.

Why not? If that's hapening your settings are off if you cant trak 3,4,5, cons somthing is wrong.
Biggest thing pepole do is move their heads to radically. You should barley have to move your head to look over your shoulder or up or down. If you are barley moving your head and and you cant track then you need to slow down or speed up the tri to match your head movement. Your profile needs to be created so that your views are fluid with out much head movement at all.

i think my inability to track multiple cons right now, is me, not the trackir. i'm learning all over again. i have to think what i need to do, and even in cartoon combat, if you have to think about it, it's too late.

what i think i'm doing, is moving my head too fast, or too much, as i'm still working with dots profile, making minor adjustments to suit me.......but when i move around, and look at different views, in non-combat situations, it all works fine. when i get into combat, it goes screwy, which means i'm spazzing out or something. time will get it for me.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 09:57:39 AM »
i hate to say it, but crazy's right....last night the arena was not the arena we all pro-port it to be. it was simply a miniture lw style arena.

The thing is we shouldn't be purporting the arena to be anything that we don't have control over. That creates unrealistic expectations.

The arena has Axis V Allies historical type plane sets and some different settings. That is what should be the draw.

If we keep going on about how it's a gentlemans dueling arena, we keep opening ourselves up to the same old threads about how "AvA sucks, because I was told this or that and found out this wasn't the case."

We simply can't control how people choose to fly.

Only HTC could do this by auto disabling guns on face to face merges, or have killshooter turn on when players are attacked within a couple hundred feet from or above their own base, or some other automatic settings that enforce some style of play.

You do what you want as peers. If you think you should suggest how people play, then go ahead, but use the pm function so we don't have to deal with cross channel arguments..

As for staff, we can make general friendly suggestions, but I just don't think HTC wants us to try to browbeat players into behaving how we think they should.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 10:04:52 AM »
they cant disable guns in a face to face merge that i know of unless they re-code the game. killshooter only pertains to shooting someone on your own side.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 10:06:13 AM »
they cant disable guns in a face to face merge that i know of unless they re-code the game. killshooter only pertains to shooting someone on your own side.

That's my point.

Only HTC has the power to create the tools to enforce a certain style of play.

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 10:14:12 AM »
That's my point.

Only HTC has the power to create the tools to enforce a certain style of play.
Or we can tell sombody not to be a dink ..and hope they get it.. :ahand
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline NormH3

• Nickel Member
      • We do good things!
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 10:16:28 AM »

Several of us tried to convey this to the GV that was working the spawn area at the field. The only reason he stopped was because he ran out of ammo and that was from his own admission. I dont really know if his fellow countryman were aware of what he was doing.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 10:18:02 AM »
i think my inability to track multiple cons right now, is me, not the trackir. i'm learning all over again. i have to think what i need to do, and even in cartoon combat, if you have to think about it, it's too late.

what i think i'm doing, is moving my head too fast, or too much, as i'm still working with dots profile, making minor adjustments to suit me.......but when i move around, and look at different views, in non-combat situations, it all works fine. when i get into combat, it goes screwy, which means i'm spazzing out or something. time will get it for me.

For me, the in combat scenario was also the toughest thing to get used.  It was hard to slow my head movement and allow the track IR to move smoothly. It takes time to train yourself and tweak the TIR settings to get it just right.  It was also helpful to spend time in the offline flying and tweaking.  Hang in there with it.  When you get it perfected, you'll never want to go back to HAT and wonder why you didn't do TIR sooner.  :aok

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 10:19:05 AM »
Several of us tried to convey this to the GV that was working the spawn area at the field. The only reason he stopped was because he ran out of ammo and that was from his own admission. I dont really know if his fellow countryman were aware of what he was doing.

People like that make me wish I had some kind of power and an 'instaboom' button  :devil
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 10:25:21 AM »

LOL  Some guy flying a Spit is going to tell you not to be a dink for keeping alt and E instead of dropping into a low slow turn fight where they have all the advantage.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 10:38:31 AM »
it seems from all the posts about last night, that it was just another one of those "random-seldom off nights" that has showed its ugly self again, like so many other times in the last 9 or 10 yrs of this arenas existence......

every now and then something like this will happen....... just move on to the next time you are up flying....... if it continues to happen, and happen more frequntly, one can account it to

- A new squad ( or squads ) have decided to make their new home the AvsA

- this is the same thing that has in the past drove people to stop participating in the AvsA and it turned into a "Ghost Town" - AGAIN

- this is the new form of what the AvsA is all about multiple wingmen ( 2 to 6 etc ) working in tandem to bring down 1 con...

- certain squads log in, see that their is maybe 2 axis and 3 bishops, so the 3 or 4 just logged in squadmates all jump on the bishops and now make it 6 or 7 to 2, with no regard of being civil, they must indeed have to fly as 4 wingmen vs 1.....it is just what they do....so now it ends up being 6 allied vs 1 axis. then it ends up being 6 allied vs 0 axis... and then they start milking , all in the name of the squad  :aok ( I know of and have witnessed 3 so called squads in the past 1 or 2 months personally with this atitude of "we all working on wingman tactics, sorry, or we would split and even up the sides )........ that type of stuff should be worked on in the TA or DA.....not in the AvsA when the numbers are low and suddenly become so skewed out of proportion.......

- some of those same squad's members come on here and talk with a split tongue / forked tongue......

- or I seriously suggest to just take it all with a grain of salt...... and just have some fun

but what do I know, I have been flamed, etc... for voicing what I see happening, and now certian people act like some others I knew several years ago....back when these new certian people were not even around...... ( talk about trying to make it somebodys own personal sandbox .....geez )

hope to see some of ya'll online...... I been unable to attend in the evenings, but have found some luck the last 2 days with waiting on some to show up or 2 or 3 be there when I look and check inthe mornings.....

keep up the excellent work AvsA Staff  :cheers:

TC

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:41:02 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 10:39:23 AM »
Yall sure are throwing that 'dink' word around quite a bit.  It's frighteningly close to 'Dich'.

You boys trying to say something?  :furious

:D

*holds up a bottle of Tequila and runs away just to test the theory  :devil
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute