Author Topic: Looking for an F4U and F6F trainer  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Navy84

• Zinc Member
Re: Looking for an F4U and F6F trainer
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 11:04:54 AM »
I agree wholeheartly HighG. Thats exactly the reason I need some help with learning to fly these birds, so that I can do that turny, flappy on your bellybutton thing. :lol ;)

LT. Navy84
VF-17 Jolly Rogers

It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country from it's government - Thomas Paine

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 11:25:07 AM »
I agree wholeheartly HighG. Thats exactly the reason I need some help with learning to fly these birds, so that I can do that turny, flappy on your bellybutton thing. :lol ;)

Navy84,

shoot me a PM if you would like to get together in the TA and work on he F4U plane series....... unless you are already working with BigRat, shiv, MtnMan, Saxman etc......

either way, I still be glad to help you if ya'd like, when they are not able to meet up with you because of any prior commitments or what not any of them might have...

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 11:31:28 AM »
In order to learn ACM you'll want to spend a lot of time flying 1v1. You can do this in the DA but if you use the TA you won't be interrupted by parts falling off of your airplane.
Start off by fighting the same aircraft you're flying so that aircraft differences don't complicate the fight. Be sure to have your head positions set up properly to get the most out of the limited rear views in the F4U and F6F. Film your fights to help you understand what happened and also to watch the fight from your opponent's aircraft so that you see how unforced reversals etc make the fight easier for them.