Author Topic: Rat in the barracks  (Read 2611 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Rat in the barracks
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 10:47:38 AM »
ok...had me scared for a bit...thought you had a harem going and i was going to have to move to philly...  :D
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 04:13:22 PM »
Frkn glue traps  :mad:  Had to use them, they suck especially if the sucker is able to flip the dang thing over.  Worst thing is it doesn't kill the bugger just disables it.  Like tracking a M8.  Oh, he might have one leg on the outside so he can spin the deng thing in circles, but that is as far as he is going.  Can't easily put the lil varmint out of his misery either, anything you whack it with is destroyed / stuck with glue and mouse guts (gnarly combination). 

Blow dart gun would be interesting I think.  :D

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2011, 04:21:11 PM »
Fill a bucket with water.

Run a wire or narrow rod across the top.

Mount an empty TP roll on said wire or rod. Bait with peanut butter.

When mousy climbs out onto the TP roll, it rolls over and mousy goes in the drink.

Mice can't swim well. Poor mousy.
See Rule #4

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2011, 06:07:51 PM »
You AvA guys are demented.

:devil

this is NOT front page material ;)

and gents we are not talking about mice we are discussing RATS.  Big annoying rats. 

Sure they're both rodents and should be eradicated on first sighting but mice are tolerable.  Rats are not. :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 06:13:21 PM by Dichotomy »
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 01:25:22 AM »
Oooooh Rats.

Well the best thing to do with rats is to just club them to death with sticks and such.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iinxXoot724
See Rule #4

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2011, 10:57:18 AM »
Now are you looking at something like this because I would say the hell with it and get a .357

PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2011, 11:43:37 AM »
no that's not the one... dangit
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2011, 12:20:25 PM »
LOLz Melvin  :rofl

ebfd,

I came out of my apartment in NJ a while back and saw my neighbor wielding a shovel, Derek Jeter style and calling his dog to him frantically.  At first I though you sick sumbeach, about the time his dog scatters near his feet and he is still holding his stance and staring down the drive between the two buildings.  I looked to see what he was preparing to whack and it was the oddest thing to see this monster rat come SKIPPING down the drive, going from side to side, and a good part of the time on his hind legs mimicking kangaroo hops here and there.

The neighbor had good aim and nailed that sucker flat on top of em.  But it wasn't over that easily.  Between the dog going nuts, and the rat a roo leaping under a parked car on the street, it must have been adrenaline that enable my neighbor to pluck him out into the street and give him the final blows, before ...... "he was  :pray called on home".

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2011, 12:32:19 PM »
LOLz Melvin  :rofl

ebfd,

I came out of my apartment in NJ a while back and saw my neighbor wielding a shovel, Derek Jeter style and calling his dog to him frantically.  At first I though you sick sumbeach, about the time his dog scatters near his feet and he is still holding his stance and staring down the drive between the two buildings.  I looked to see what he was preparing to whack and it was the oddest thing to see this monster rat come SKIPPING down the drive, going from side to side, and a good part of the time on his hind legs mimicking kangaroo hops here and there.

The neighbor had good aim and nailed that sucker flat on top of em.  But it wasn't over that easily.  Between the dog going nuts, and the rat a roo leaping under a parked car on the street, it must have been adrenaline that enable my neighbor to pluck him out into the street and give him the final blows, before ...... "he was  :pray called on home".

you must've lived up near new york....... :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2011, 12:54:32 PM »
I had some get into the house through a hole in the dryer hose last year.  They knew how to avoid traps but weren't near as successful dodging my boot.  When Squids friends saw me take a hammer to a pair I trapped in the corner they decided I really wasn't somebody they wanted to trifle with. 

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2011, 05:47:52 PM »
When you whacked em, you should have said  :furious "That's it!  That's number THREEEE!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtSaRAEYCTg

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2011, 06:10:57 PM »
if you wanna have some rat fun???

all over louisiana...pretty tasty too...  :lol
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2011, 09:04:43 PM »
That's number one

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :aok

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2011, 11:33:48 PM »
I once set up mousetraps and came back to check em and found a huge desert pack rat laying dead next to the trap.

He was way too big to fit it the trap but the bar must have whacked him hard enough to kill him, looked like he stumbled a couple of steps and gacked.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2011, 07:31:17 AM »
if you wanna have some rat fun???

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

all over louisiana...pretty tasty too...  :lol
i was bored one night, and watching billy the exterminator.........he caught a couple of those things......took em somehwhere and let em loose..........mannn.....rats that big should be shipped over to someplace else in the world.....somewhere where they may improve the standard of living....... :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)