Author Topic: Really weird TrackIR problem  (Read 542 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Really weird TrackIR problem
« on: February 22, 2011, 03:19:13 PM »
Whenever I start up TrackIR and get the clip within view of the camera, the status bar goes from 'no data' to 'no device' and then I get the sound of a USB device disconnecting and my mouse disconnects.

I just reinstalled the drivers and that didn't help anything.

I really have no idea what this could be.

And I want to shoot down B29s.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: Really weird TrackIR problem
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 04:57:03 PM »
Sounds like your usb port/hub isnt recognising the drivers bubi. Plug it into a different port see if that makes any difference. Otherwise, it might be a dead camera (got one of those here)

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 02:31:40 PM »
Replugged and reinstalled the drivers. Now that track clip doesn't seem to be working, the red status lights aren't lighting up near the IR transmitters or whatever they are.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 02:34:11 PM »
Use the trackclip myself, and the little red dots on the camera dont light up for me either, yet mines working. When you look in the views, do you get any movement on the head/tracking view?

Wurzel

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 02:44:25 PM »
Use the trackclip myself, and the little red dots on the camera dont light up for me either, yet mines working. When you look in the views, do you get any movement on the head/tracking view?

Wurzel
I don't mean the camera, the Track Clip has very very faint red lights on it (I'm not sure if these are just status lights or are the actual transmitters). I think the red lights on the camera are for the regular metal reflector thingy.
The status bar on the TIR interface reads no data no matter where I put the Track Clip in relation to the camera leading me to believe it's not transmitting anything.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 02:55:16 PM »
Ah, with ya now, sorry  :D

Sorry to say, sounds like your camera's popped its clogs fella. If the lights are on on your track clip, that only leaves the camera with a fault.

Wurzel

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 03:07:50 PM »
Ah, with ya now, sorry  :D

Sorry to say, sounds like your camera's popped its clogs fella. If the lights are on on your track clip, that only leaves the camera with a fault.

Wurzel
The lights aren't on on the Track Clip. I'm kind of worried that that may be the issue (the track clip going). But at the same time, it was working before, and when the camera picked up the clip it would cause other funky stuff to happen with my USB devices. I'm really not sure what's going on.
Really don't want to drop $40 on a new track clip...

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 03:26:19 PM »
You could try it with the hat clip, ensures the camera's up and running either way bud. Not sure what else to suggest past that.

Wurzel

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 04:52:49 AM »
If you want to verify the camera's operation use another IR source.  You can set the software to show you the "raw" image that the camera is seeing. Just select "camera view" instead of "3D view."  At this point aim a TV remote or even use a lighter in front of the camera to see if it is "seeing."