Author Topic: when will we see B-29 skins?  (Read 7751 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: when will we see B-29 skins?
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2011, 09:20:39 PM »
so besides sky chief and old battler, anyone else have B-29 skins under works?

I don't think I have that much paint left :noid
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2011, 12:16:50 PM »
I've got an OD B-29 called Lady Boomerang mostly done, although I've put it aside for now while I do some stuff for HTC. After that I'll do another bare metal one called Joltin' Josie. I may also do one with black undersides, haven't decided which yet.

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2011, 12:21:46 PM »
I've got an OD B-29 called Lady Boomerang mostly done, although I've put it aside for now while I do some stuff for HTC. After that I'll do another bare metal one called Joltin' Josie. I may also do one with black undersides, haven't decided which yet.

the last one you stated would be nice if they actually added propper night time in the MA lol.
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2011, 01:10:51 PM »
Greeb whatever you put out sir is always of the highest quality and I almost always fly your skins. <S>
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2011, 02:52:50 PM »
Greeb whatever you put out sir is always of the highest quality and I almost always fly your skins. <S>

yeah. i aggree 1,000,000,000% just amazing.

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2011, 09:36:57 AM »
Just about done with "Old Battler". Double checking everything now.

(Image removed from quote.)

Very nice viking73! can you do one of these?http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,309601.msg4003062.html#msg4003062

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2011, 04:59:14 PM »
Just finishing up one that will be questionable to get in but think that it should. Me-264 Amerika first used as a long-range maritime reconnaissance aircraft and then a competitor for the 'Amerika Bomber' program. Other sims have used the B-29 shell for it. The 264 looks amazingly similar to the B29 to the point I wonder if German spys got some info on it in the US. The only real difference is that it had a twin tail configuration like the Lancanster.

T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2011, 05:48:42 PM »
Just finishing up one that will be questionable to get in but think that it should. Me-264 Amerika first used as a long-range maritime reconnaissance aircraft and then a competitor for the 'Amerika Bomber' program. Other sims have used the B-29 shell for it. The 264 looks amazingly similar to the B29 to the point I wonder if German spys got some info on it in the US. The only real difference is that it had a twin tail configuration like the Lancanster.

WOW! great story! and also i like that luftwaffe skin very much!! wow really fits perfectly in the b29
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2011, 05:59:50 PM »

whats the story behing the 264? did it see combat at all? and if it did then i say HTC should add it.

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2011, 06:07:08 PM »

I'm sorry, but I very highly doubt HTC will allow a German painted B29 in game. There were no German B29s in service, nor were they in combat/squadron strength. HTC is not like other sims, like IL2 Sturmovik, that allow historically inaccurate skins on aircraft (IE: Japanese painted Me109s, etc.).
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2011, 06:48:19 PM »
Ok, then HTC needs to quit using or substituting airplanes that never were in the location of the different scenarios that are created. That would put a big dent into Events. Like the upcoming RtR Scenario that has a German 110c with multiple nose guns that Japan never had in place of the Dinah that had one gun out the rear. There are a probable TWO whole skins you could do for the b-29, one grey and one olive drab(submitted).  

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,309676.msg4003478.html#msg4003478
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 07:08:07 PM by viking73 »
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2011, 08:55:44 PM »
Ok, then HTC needs to quit using or substituting airplanes that never were in the location of the different scenarios that are created. That would put a big dent into Events. Like the upcoming RtR Scenario that has a German 110c with multiple nose guns that Japan never had in place of the Dinah that had one gun out the rear. There are a probable TWO whole skins you could do for the b-29, one grey and one olive drab(submitted).  

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,309676.msg4003478.html#msg4003478

HTC doesn't substitute airplanes in events and/or scenarios. They are
purely run by the community. That 262 skin was probably included
in a player-built map for 'what if' scenarios etc.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok