Author Topic: The Historical Arena and HOs, Picking, Ganging, and all that Jazz  (Read 4123 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: The Historical Arena and HOs, Picking, Ganging, and all that Jazz
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2011, 08:00:07 AM »
chilli, take your setup and create a  separate thread for it, rather then hijacking a totally unrelated thread. this way it will get more attention on its own merit rather then the back end of a bad behavior troll where most people wont see it.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2011, 09:14:20 AM »
TC I hope my point wasn't missed. I am not always on my best behavior either, but bottom line when something you don't like is happening wait a bit and it is likely to change.

no worries, skag,

it's all good

:cheers  :cheers:

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2011, 11:54:58 AM »
Absolutely!

Posted in the wishlist many times.

We could do so some seriously cool things if we had some tools like that.

Especially if we could set different parameters for win the war triggers. (certain number of enemy killed, percentage of strats destroyed, combinations etc)

:aok

(Image removed from quote.)  < disclaimer, this is not the award for film contest winner, however it did help in the presentation.

No booze no film  :cheers:
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2011, 06:12:20 PM »
I r deh lone wolf

Offline AHTbolt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2011, 08:44:05 AM »
Thanks for all feed back guys my post wast to flame anyone but to get a picture of the room and the people in it. As a new person to the room i see so much potential even with the limitation of the room codeing. With new people and new ideas comes change. I have no problem with how you want to fly its everyones choice. I die more than i kill most times but i will always clear your 6 i expect the same i will get you taking off i expect the same i will get you landing i expect the same if you CAP my base i will go to another gain ALT and try to drive you off. Im not a kill hog thats how it was, hope to be back flying soon life is getting in the way for a few weeks.
AWWWWW CRAP YOU SHOT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the desert somewhere west of Kuwait 1991.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2011, 02:59:13 PM »
AHBolt,

Many will say that there are no set rules, other than what HTC has programed or stated.  This is true.  So, it actually boils down to players self regulating their own behavior.  The thing about your, "if you do this to me, expect it to come back and bite you" statement is that it is hard to tell the ID of a particular enemy.

I have tried to deliver some payback before, and on many occasions I was wrong about the ID of the player.  Just saying that the best option may be to stick to your style of playing and don't dip to the level of others. 

I am so guilty, so please don't think that I am preaching.  It is something that I think that everyone in every arena could work on.   So just don't over analyze it too much.  Come in and fly.  If it is fun for you, that is great.  If it is not so much fun, I hope that you give it another try and maybe have a better experience.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2011, 03:35:00 PM »
I have tried to deliver some payback before, and on many occasions I was wrong about the ID of the player. 

This right here is the best reason to just play and have fun.  The way kills are displayed, here is a very common exchange of events:

You [whoever you are] and I are engaged, and I take off your left aileron and give you an oil leak.  If I decide to let you go land out of respect for a good fight, I'm done with you and go elsewhere.  Someone else sees your busted up bird and follows you back to your base and vulches you on landing.  You see "ImADot killed you".  The other guy sees "Assist on you".  Because I damaged you badly enough first, I'm awarded the kill and you might think I was the one who vulched you.

Now you have a chip on your shoulder and go "Dot hunting" and basically have a crappy rest of the night.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2011, 03:52:15 PM »
This right here is the best reason to just play and have fun.  The way kills are displayed, here is a very common exchange of events:

You [whoever you are] and I are engaged, and I take off your left aileron and give you an oil leak.  If I decide to let you go land out of respect for a good fight, I'm done with you and go elsewhere.  Someone else sees your busted up bird and follows you back to your base and vulches you on landing.  You see "ImADot killed you".  The other guy sees "Assist on you".  Because I damaged you badly enough first, I'm awarded the kill and you might think I was the one who vulched you.

Now you have a chip on your shoulder and go "Dot hunting" and basically have a crappy rest of the night.

what you're describing is typical main arena tactics.

i shot down sooner in his fw190a8 the other night. he had alt......i finished him, then a p-47 came at me till he realized co-alt....turned away to gain alt, allowing me to rebuild speed. he augered on his 3rd pass. now i'm in the weeds and slow again, zeek comin at me. i did a couple turns to force him slow, then bravely ran away. no fighting a zeek in a p38 that low. looked like he gave up........on short final, something didn't feel right, so i looked around....sure enough there's the zeek barreling in. i throttled up, watched him, and as soon as i thought he'd overshoot, i turned hard......he went in. it was sooner again.  :rofl didn't like having lost, so i guess a vulch was gonna be his revenge.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2011, 06:53:53 PM »

:huh  you mean ive been playing this game all wrong, all this time?!!

Offline AHTbolt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2011, 07:11:31 AM »
Morning guys, please dont take my last post the wrong way i wasent meening that if X Y or Z happens im going to hunt you or get a chip on my shoulder it just meens expect it and accpect it as game play my life is hard enough without getting bent out of shape over a game i just fly better and watch my 6 better nothing is ever personel with me 
AWWWWW CRAP YOU SHOT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the desert somewhere west of Kuwait 1991.

Offline AHTbolt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2011, 07:12:08 AM »
Morning guys, please dont take my last post the wrong way i wasent meening that if X Y or Z happens im going to hunt you or get a chip on my shoulder it just meens expect it and accpect it as game play my life is hard enough without getting bent out of shape over a game i just fly better and watch my 6 better nothing is ever personel with me 

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2011, 07:25:22 AM »
Morning guys, please don't take my last post the wrong way. I wasn't meaning that if X Y or Z happens, I'm going to hunt you or get a chip on my shoulder! It just means expect it and accept it as game play. My life is hard enough without getting bent out of shape over a game. I just fly better and watch my 6 better. Nothing is ever personal with me.  

fixed for spelling and punctuation. spell check my friend. if there's a red line under the word, fix it!  :D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 07:27:36 AM by captain1ma »

Offline AHTbolt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2011, 08:10:50 AM »
I would have if have if my phone would show that button but it dosent, but TY for correcting it.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2011, 09:45:47 AM »
Geez Jaeger, don't turn into a pedantic BBS speeling and punk-chew-ation tuffboi.   :D
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2011, 09:47:55 AM »
Geez Jaeger, don't turn into a pedantic BBS speeling and punk-chew-ation tuffboi.   :D

*chases nefarious rat through thread*

AAAAARRRRRGHHHHH!!!!!  :mad:
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute