Author Topic: Kids these days  (Read 3824 times)

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Re: Kids these days
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 12:20:36 AM »
jay and silent bob...  :lol

i won't elaborate...just say, surprise!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjWFZPJZTxU
-AoM-

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 01:13:20 AM »
see, today if you did that, you would terrify the kid, because its "bad" to be gay.us i would know.us I am

:huh
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2011, 10:02:44 AM »
I was recently playing Combat Arms and i was very rudely informed by a (14) fourteen year old that i was a noob and i should go kill myself due to being to noobish. I replied telling him that he should learn some manners and try getting a job instead of sitting around all day. He informed me that i should be the one getting a job. I replied stating i have a job with the Georgia, Department of Public Safety, State Patrol Division. He informed me that he hopes that i get shot in the line of duty. Whats wrong with kids these days? Im not that old. Im still very young, but old enough to carry a badge and a gun.

What are your thought on todays kids and the upcoming generation?

i think you can blame their parents...at least partially.

it seems almost as if these days, a majority of parents use the school systems as their daycare. they don't seem to want to put in time with their kids to teach them as our parents taught us.
 it's pretty scary really.

the good thing is that there are also very many good kids coming up.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2011, 10:38:42 AM »
I really found with any game, just ignore everyone else and you won't have any kind of problem. And whats your in-game ID for CA? I play as well and it would be nice to see some fellow Ah'ers in-game whenever I play.

In game name:   GaTrooper
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2011, 03:44:51 PM »
Parents.  Lack of discipline.  Lack of responsibility.  Lack of repercussion for bad actions.  But above all, when it comes to the internet, remember that there are those people who like to, or try to rather to display their e-noodle and be a big bad tough guy, or an intellectual, etc.  Kids are best at imitating what they see, not free or proper thought.  That twirp probably saw/heard someone insult the heck out of someone and figured he could do the same.

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2011, 03:52:03 PM »
BS at the idea that kids are getting worse.  This sort of trend ('it used to be better than it is now') has been going on for thousands of years in various forms.  I am certain that fifty years before this, people were saying the same thing, and I am certain that they will be saying the same thing fifty years from now.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2011, 09:34:41 PM »
BS at the idea that kids are getting worse.  This sort of trend ('it used to be better than it is now') has been going on for thousands of years in various forms.  I am certain that fifty years before this, people were saying the same thing, and I am certain that they will be saying the same thing fifty years from now.

kid from 40 years ago: yea, i did it, so what?(shortly followed by a good bellybutton kicking from his father)

kid from today: yea, i did it, but it wasn't my fault.(shortly followed by his mother coddling him telling him it wasn't his fault.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2011, 09:40:55 PM »

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2011, 12:00:50 PM »
kid from 40 years ago: yea, i did it, so what?(shortly followed by a good bellybutton kicking from his father)

kid from today: yea, i did it, but it wasn't my fault.(shortly followed by his mother coddling him telling him it wasn't his fault.

You see, as an adult, your only interaction with kids are the ones which will talk to you.  Mainly, those interactions are negative.  As a kid, you can interact with the full range of kids, and your picture of their character is much better.  Therefore, as an adult, you will have the impression that kids are getting worse, while in fact they aren't better or worse than they were before.

-Penguin

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2011, 12:17:52 PM »
Some do seem to still know everything...
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2011, 12:22:15 PM »
I use whatever logic I can, and these forums have sharpened me up quite a bit.  One's age doesn't affect the truth value of one's point.

-Penguin

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2011, 12:30:28 PM »
You see, as an adult, your only interaction with kids are the ones which will talk to you.  Mainly, those interactions are negative.  As a kid, you can interact with the full range of kids, and your picture of their character is much better.  Therefore, as an adult, you will have the impression that kids are getting worse, while in fact they aren't better or worse than they were before.

-Penguin

trust me when i tell you that you're wrong about everything you posted here.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2011, 12:32:13 PM »
So I should ignore every step of logic I put into that and go with an unsupported opinion?

-Penguin

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2011, 12:32:27 PM »
I was recently playing Combat Arms and i was very rudely informed by a (14) fourteen year old that i was a noob and i should go kill myself due to being to noobish. I replied telling him that he should learn some manners and try getting a job instead of sitting around all day. He informed me that i should be the one getting a job. I replied stating i have a job with the Georgia, Department of Public Safety, State Patrol Division. He informed me that he hopes that i get shot in the line of duty. Whats wrong with kids these days? Im not that old. Im still very young, but old enough to carry a badge and a gun.

What are your thought on todays kids and the upcoming generation?
It's a mix of the two .
1: Bad parenting
2: Being behind a computer where the only place he can be a ruff guy .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!