Author Topic: Looking for some help in learning how to really fly the Jug (All models)  (Read 690 times)

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
I normally use the Jugs in a variety of roles depending on the model obviously. But I really would like to be able to learn how to not onlu use them as an attack AC, but also be able to knock em down in a fighter role as well. I am currently waiting to get a Mic so until then I would have to say IM SOL, but if there is anyone who would be willing to show me how really fly them I would very much appreciate it. Just let me know please.

BioHazrd (Formerly ReDeViL2)
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil

Offline jododger

• Copper Member
Re: Looking for some help in learning how to really fly the Jug (All models)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 10:21:46 AM »
Fun Fights last night Bio  :salute 

JUGgler is your man,  he is a good guy.   
Dodger
It's about the fight.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 12:08:05 PM »
I agree with Dodger on Juggler, another good suggestion would be Oaktree.  Two very different fighting styles.  Take some from both.

Howdy Red!  Got your Pm last night Sir.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 02:04:18 PM »
Thanks guys...appreciate the info. Were some good fights Dodge...once I get back into the swing of things Im sure Ill give ya a better fight (been gone 3 months, and think my stick is crappin out on me, lol). Still owned me <S>.
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 09:43:14 AM »
I normally use the Jugs in a variety of roles depending on the model obviously. But I really would like to be able to learn how to not onlu use them as an attack AC, but also be able to knock em down in a fighter role as well. I am currently waiting to get a Mic so until then I would have to say IM SOL, but if there is anyone who would be willing to show me how really fly them I would very much appreciate it. Just let me know please.

BioHazrd (Formerly ReDeViL2)

#1- you MUST be fine with "tower time"

#2- The perch is your friend IF you want good score, it is NOT your friend to learn the JUG

#3- Virtually all other fighter planes in this game are fundamentally better than the JUG for the MA style fights. If you fly JUGS and you win it is because your opponent Fd up. Like I say " me in just about anything else will PWN me in a JUG"

#4- Just have fun with it and don't take too much too seriously

Hit me up anytime and we will go JUGgle for a bit!

good to see you back Red

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 10:32:26 AM »
was talking about the jug with squaddies the other night, we came to the conclusion that theres no tricks or shortcuts for fighting in the jug, you just have to do the standard ACMs, but do them well.

this means keep it within its envelope, and fly it clean (ie. as far as possible dont scrub off your E unecessarily, fly coordinated, only use a much flap as you really need, lots of lag pursuit, only load the airframe when you have to, keep it fast etc.)

you also have to be aggressive and really take the fight to your opponent, you cant sit back and see whats going to happen next and then react to it, because you dont have many options to get you out of trouble when you lose the advantage. try to stay one step ahead of the fight, and use the guns to intimidate - no one wants to get in the way of 8x.50cals.

btw lilmak is also good in a jug :)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 12:37:21 PM »
was talking about the jug with squaddies the other night, we came to the conclusion that theres no tricks or shortcuts for fighting in the jug, you just have to do the standard ACMs, but do them well.

this means keep it within its envelope, and fly it clean (ie. as far as possible dont scrub off your E unecessarily, fly coordinated, only use a much flap as you really need, lots of lag pursuit, only load the airframe when you have to, keep it fast etc.)

you also have to be aggressive and really take the fight to your opponent, you cant sit back and see whats going to happen next and then react to it, because you dont have many options to get you out of trouble when you lose the advantage. try to stay one step ahead of the fight, and use the guns to intimidate - no one wants to get in the way of 8x.50cals.

btw lilmak is also good in a jug :)

There's a couple tricks  :devil  just ask( Dodger the Destroyer ) :)

Yes Lilmak is very good as is lepape2

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 08:26:17 PM »
Its good to know there are still those willing to lend a hand rather than give ya the ole' whatfor lol...thanks guys. JUGs, I will hit ya up when I get my mic fixed!

RedDevil

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 12:55:51 AM »
I would suggest DrBone, he is pretty good at flying anything but has really distinguished himself flying 47s in BOG. I have to agree with JUGgler:

#3- Virtually all other fighter planes in this game are fundamentally better than the JUG for the MA style fights. If you fly JUGS and you win it is because your opponent Fd up. Like I say " me in just about anything else will PWN me in a JUG"

Aggressive is always good too :angel: