Author Topic: Convergence Settings Not Matched  (Read 410 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Convergence Settings Not Matched
« on: February 23, 2011, 07:18:06 PM »
I usually do not try and tinker with the convergence too much, I usually set all the guns to the same range.  Today though, I was going to try something new by varying convergences.  Below are 3 examples that made me go   :headscratch:

P47D-11: Blue and Yellow lines are secondary guns; white and green are primary guns (all .50 cals).

Me262: White is primary guns while green is secondary (all 30mm).

Mossi Mk VI: White is secondary (4/20mm) and primary (4/.30cal) has blue and green colors.

Spitfire Mk IX: White is secondary (2/20mm), primary (2/.30cal) has blue and green for colors.

I stopped there. 

Is there supposed to be an assigned color for primary, secondary, and "tertiary" guns???
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Convergence Settings Not Matched
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 10:42:46 PM »
There are only two fire buttons. What would be tertiary?

If the question is, "should white = primary, etc.?" Good point.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 02:07:37 PM »
There are only two fire buttons. What would be tertiary?

If the question is, "should white = primary, etc.?" Good point.

wrongway

The tertiary guns would be the 3rds set of guns represented by a 3rd color.  More so with aircraft that have 3 different calibers firing.  Namely, the 190A-8 would best fit this description but the A6M5 "Zeke" does as well.

The big question is: Do specific colors represent primary or secondary in particular, or is it just random?  If they are specific, then there are some aircraft that have gun/color matching issues.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 02:26:57 PM »
follow the lines
                  /
                /
               /
              /
             /
             ---------------->    Doctor House     :neener:

Jokes a part. Question seems interesting. What do you observe when you push primary fire? And when you
push secondary fire? It seems that this experiment could be help to find out the answer.

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 05:40:19 PM »
follow the lines
                  /
                /
               /
              /
             /
             ---------------->    Doctor House     :neener:

Jokes a part. Question seems interesting. What do you observe when you push primary fire? And when you
push secondary fire? It seems that this experiment could be help to find out the answer.

Me262: Primary lines are white (top two 30mm), secondary guns are green (lower two 30mm)
Spit 9: Primary lines are blue and green (4/.30cals), secondary lines are white (2/20mm)
Mossi VI: Primary lines are blue and green (4/.30cals), secondary lines are white (4/20mm).
P47D-11: Interior guns fire w primary trigger (white and green lines), and the outer 2 guns fire w secondary trigger (blue and yellow).

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 08:09:55 PM »
The tertiary guns would be the 3rds set of guns represented by a 3rd color.  More so with aircraft that have 3 different calibers firing.  Namely, the 190A-8 would best fit this description but the A6M5 "Zeke" does as well.

The big question is: Do specific colors represent primary or secondary in particular, or is it just random?  If they are specific, then there are some aircraft that have gun/color matching issues.

Ahhh. I see.

I'd bet the colors are random. Uniformity would be a plus.

What about matching them to a trigger?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 12:17:50 AM »
White for cannons, other colors for mgs ?

Do you suggest that if there is not correspondence
between colors and armament, then you wish to have it? 

mobilis in mobile

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 07:03:08 PM »
White for cannons, other colors for mgs ?

Do you suggest that if there is not correspondence
between colors and armament, then you wish to have it? 

I dunno, I just saw that primary and secondary colors were not the same, they changed per aircraft.  I would like to think that HTC meant for green to be primary and white to be secondary, but that doesnt hold true.