Author Topic: Is this what Hitech wants?  (Read 23265 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Is this what Hitech wants?
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2011, 12:46:07 PM »
I bet you're just squeakalicious.

vWNTRGRN
:rofl  :lol you might want to rethink that...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2011, 12:48:02 PM »
Notice all those planes you're complaining about are 15 ENY or above.

Stop complaining, Spawn a wirble and throw out the alert.  It's a lot easier to hold ground than to take it and leaving the arena so you can complain about what happened after you didn't put forth any effort to stop it is just ridiculous.  I bet you're just squeakalicious.

vWNTRGRN

Wow !!! LOL!! I was at BOTH attacks I mentioned, and got a kill or two at BOTH attacks I mentioned, upped from an adjacent base after the hangers were down at BOTH attacks, killed two ack huggers at the first, and found nobody around at the second.

Did you even read the posts or did you just look at the pictures like a regular kid and go from that?

go finish your home work, let the grown ups have a discussion.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2011, 12:48:45 PM »
Notice all those planes you're complaining about are 15 ENY or above.

Stop complaining, Spawn a wirble and throw out the alert.  It's a lot easier to hold ground than to take it and leaving the arena so you can complain about what happened after you didn't put forth any effort to stop it is just ridiculous.  I bet you're just squeakalicious.

vWNTRGRN
You know, you're right! :aok I bet it never occurred to them to bring bombs, and pffft, everyone knows F4's and F6's and Zekes cant kill you! (OK...the SBD would have a bit of trouble, unless he egged you)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2011, 12:49:17 PM »
He's in the Angels Brigade, they are far from being "thinkers".
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2011, 12:49:38 PM »
anyone seen my flame proof clown suit and nose?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2011, 12:52:54 PM »
No flame suit needed.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2011, 02:23:36 PM »
There is no way to defend against this type of attack (thats why they do it!) Even if the defenders had 30 guys sitting in the tower waiting for the next attack it would be almost impossible to stop.

Hop in the shore battery, or up from the next base in buffs, and sink the CV. Grab a 262 and go goon hunting - they're not going to take the base in 5 minutes unless they have a goon on station. Get about 6 like-minded teammates and fly in from the next base high in fast planes. Pork ords and troops at nearby bases. Find a base that's more important to them than this one and organize an attack on it.

Or best of all, since you hate land grabbing and war-winning, just ignore them and go somewhere else to fight. Why do you care if they take the base? Does it ruin your day knowing that somewhere else, maybe in another arena, other people are having fun in a way you don't approve of?

Is this the type of game play that Hitech wants. Unstoppable hordes going from base to base just flattening everything like a horde of locust.

Perhaps what you should be asking, or better yet suggesting, is what exactly they're supposed to do about it.

Zone-based ENY would be a start, but they don't seem too hip to the idea.

They already upped the town capture percentage to 75%, so apparently that wasn't the source of the trouble after all.

Btw, you mentioned going to LWOH for better fighting - when I logged off LWOH, there were 52 nits, 51 rooks, and 33 bish, and no more than 2-3 nits and rooks visible on dar along their whole front. Most of the nits were hitting A43, and just about every one of those 51 rooks who were in the air were at A5, there must have been 40 of them (and they still hadn't taken the field after 15+ minutes when I logged, nor had the nits taken 43 - they seemed to give up after we killed their goons and came in only looking for vulches and picks, which shows it is possible to beat a horde attack, even after they've taken FHs down). This is not an issue limited to one one side or one group of players.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2011, 02:42:33 PM »
I've conceded to no longer argue against it, but I'd like to be clear that I'm not agreeing with these retards either.
It's just not going to change. ie hitechs response.

Grief them with jet wingmen until they spam spawn m3's. And then vultch them while they're sitting on the runway waiting to land as a squad.  :t :lol

And then head to the DA and look up the DA group...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 02:46:45 PM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2011, 02:47:54 PM »
HT hates teh hordes!! :furious

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl  :aok
brilliant
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2011, 02:52:55 PM »
dude, seriously, whining about vGuys???

just up from a neighboring field and kill as many as you can... I do it whenever I see them... Its fun and its a treat. I'm glad they attack bases, sometimes its the only fight in the arena. I think vAuger almost expects to find me these days... and if I'm around, I find him first ;)

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2011, 03:05:34 PM »
Nice counter attack loki, but fail. Yes the knits are hoarding too, especially with our 2.0+ perk bonus last week  :aok
AoM
City of ice

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2011, 03:15:42 PM »
Hop in the shore battery, or up from the next base in buffs, and sink the CV. Grab a 262 and go goon hunting - they're not going to take the base in 5 minutes unless they have a goon on station. Get about 6 like-minded teammates and fly in from the next base high in fast planes. Pork ords and troops at nearby bases. Find a base that's more important to them than this one and organize an attack on it.

As far as I know these hordes have no "tactical" reason for their attacks. I believe they are just grouping together to caputre a base and pat each other on the back. So, with that being the case there really is no rhyme or reason for which base that are going to. So porking bases doesn't bother them as they just move to some other base and launch from there.

Or best of all, since you hate land grabbing and war-winning, just ignore them and go somewhere else to fight. Why do you care if they take the base? Does it ruin your day knowing that somewhere else, maybe in another arena, other people are having fun in a way you don't approve of?

I don't know where you got the idea I hate land grabbing and war winning. I looked and I have almost 100 captures of my own. I have run hundreds of missions, and "won the war many times. I have nothing against it as it is a MAJOR part of the game. The problem is I like to work for it, I like a challenge. Fight for a defended base, if the numbers are not more than 2 to 1 for either side it's a fun night of battle. The problem now is either your IN the horde, or your AGAINST the horde. It's getting harder and harder to find a fight any where other than the hordes.

Perhaps what you should be asking, or better yet suggesting, is what exactly they're supposed to do about it.

Zone-based ENY would be a start, but they don't seem too hip to the idea.

They already upped the town capture percentage to 75%, so apparently that wasn't the source of the trouble after all.

Btw, you mentioned going to LWOH for better fighting - when I logged off LWOH, there were 52 nits, 51 rooks, and 33 bish, and no more than 2-3 nits and rooks visible on dar along their whole front. Most of the nits were hitting A43, and just about every one of those 51 rooks who were in the air were at A5, there must have been 40 of them (and they still hadn't taken the field after 15+ minutes when I logged, nor had the nits taken 43 - they seemed to give up after we killed their goons and came in only looking for vulches and picks, which shows it is possible to beat a horde attack, even after they've taken FHs down). This is not an issue limited to one one side or one group of players.

I mentioned going to Orange first, but I do that because it's where all the "kool" people play, I was gone from there by 7 eastern and there was about 300 people in the arena. Yes this happens on all sides. Like I said it's pretty much becoming either fight in your countries horde, or against the other countries horde. And yes you can find a nice little fight now and then, unfortunately you find horde much more often.

So far the suggestions are,

Join a squad that has good numbers.

Fly in the DA for 1vs1 or furball lake for multiple cons.

Don't fly against the hordes.

So if HTC wants the game to continue in this direction, these are my options? Any others?

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2011, 03:22:11 PM »

Join a squad that has good numbers.

who will be my bait?

check ur pm
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2011, 03:25:49 PM »
So if HTC wants the game to continue in this direction, these are my options? Any others?

I would like something to be done to make it much much harder to cap a field.  Setting up the vultch is too easy, in my opinion.  Personally, I will up at an attacked base over and over, until the runway vultching starts.  Then I'm done and move somewhere else on the map.  Low altitude, turn and burn against the hoarde can be fun.  Getting vultched on the runway is never fun, and is not good for the game in my opinion.

Also, I think that there should be multiple vehicle hangars and they should be hardened.  Harden the aircraft hangars too, for that matter.  Make it harder to shut the field down, not impossible, just harder.

I also believe that the defenders should have a vehicle spawn that spawns IN the town.  It makes sense that a military power would have defenses set up in a strategic town, allowing a spawn directly into town can simulate this.

I think all of these ideas of mine would encourage the base taking crowd to at least be forced to bring more of a combined force.  Bombers, fighters, maybe even GVs.  

Just some thoughts.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2011, 03:32:43 PM »
I like fighting against the horde. The more action the better!  On the other hand being part of a horde gets old real quick. There's no real fun, or honor, in overpowering a base.
I have seen some real coordinated attacks by the enemy combining dive bombers, attack planes and fighters which I thought was pretty cool. I sat in the tower and watched it unfold. Pretty neat!