Author Topic: Damage Display 2.0  (Read 1064 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Damage Display 2.0
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 01:34:45 AM »
why is it that those who don't want it have to frown upon someone who might? noone would be forcing you to use it, it would be a personal preference, just like every other personal Flight Preference is eah person's own choice to use or not to use....

The point some are trying to make is it is already available.

CTRL D

Whatever is damaged shows up in eye catching RED on the left side of the screen.

Pretty simple and obvious.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 01:37:35 AM »
The point some are trying to make is it is already available.

CTRL D

Whatever is damaged shows up in eye catching RED on the left side of the screen.

Pretty simple and obvious.

wrongway

Apparently that's not easy enough for some people.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline MoJoRiZn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 04:09:21 AM »
of course it is already available as a key command and it is simple and it is very obvious to all of us who have been here for any length of time. the point is some have wished for a new Flight Preference box to either enable or disable the damage list automatically
I can see where this will help the new incoming players get up to speed. or if you all say no, then all you nay sayers should be the ones going around every 5 minutes typing

"to all new players type ctrl d to check your planes damage list"

keep doing it every time you are online playing to be sure you help all the new players along in learning how this feature works. that would be a whole lot more easier , since you all think it is easy and should have not been requested. but wait! I have hardley ever seen most of you ever even offer any text help to new players in the arenas

so how bout it, are all of you -1's willing to put forth the effort to edjucate every single new player by typing

I doubt very seriously any of you would even offer to do it one time let alone everytime an individual asked :how do I know what is damaged?"
"Well, I woke up this morning, and got myself a beer
the future's uncertain, and the end is always near     Let it roll"

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 04:57:13 AM »
I doubt very seriously any of you would even offer to do it one time let alone everytime an individual asked :how do I know what is damaged?"
i do, if i see it asked in the text buffer...but i'm weird like that...and then there are some who appear to not know how to read so after the 3rd time i do the dot ignore

seriously here guys...anyone who hasn't gone through the controls setup in the game is just plain lazy...and it's fairly easy to understand what to do once you're in the menus...if you can type on the keyboard while flying, hitting ctrl+d isn't that difficult.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »
Again, the situation is that you are in a dogfight with a filled out HOTAS (Which is true for me).  All it would do is press Control+D automatically for you each time you take off.

As for recording my own voice; it's not an option, I squeak and have no clue how to change the sound files. 

-Penguin

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 11:29:01 AM »
Again, the situation is that you are in a dogfight with a filled out HOTAS (Which is true for me).  All it would do is press Control+D automatically for you each time you take off.
you can't do that on the runway before you jet off into the wild blue yonder?

As for recording my own voice; it's not an option, I squeak and have no clue how to change the sound files. 

-Penguin
all you need is audacity (lots of cool features and it's free) and a microphone...a few minutes of your precious time and voila.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 11:44:33 AM »

-Penguin

I don't think I've ever been in a situation where I can't take my hand off the throttle for half a second to press Ctrl + D.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 12:03:03 PM »
As a 2weeker comin into the game I had the forthought to look up the control and through my perusing discovered a number of in game controls.
and as many video games as they younger guys play they should mostly know by now how to look stuff up.

My thoughts on the matter......... :bolt:
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 12:45:11 PM »
you can't do that on the runway before you jet off into the wild blue yonder?

all you need is audacity (lots of cool features and it's free) and a microphone...a few minutes of your precious time and voila.

I still don't know how to change the sound files.  I'll look into audacity though.

-Penguin

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 12:46:59 PM »
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think there was a specific sound file for each part you'd loose.  So you could replace your sounds, but not by each piece of your plane.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 02:07:49 PM »
i see no reason why ctrl-d shouldn't just stay enabled from flight to flight once you turn it on..

ctrl-i stays up.. why not ctrl-d?

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 05:21:06 PM »
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think there was a specific sound file for each part you'd loose.  So you could replace your sounds, but not by each piece of your plane.

yeah... i dont think there is. theres a universal sound for anything that breaks on your plane