Author Topic: hi yo-yo  (Read 1410 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: hi yo-yo
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 06:06:47 PM »
You are forgetting Billy's tactic is best used in a G14 or K4 where you have "Warp 12 on a Button" to tourque muscle you through. A P51 can't perform his manuver as well if it is low and slow. A K4 can by virtue of its wep and better power to weight capabilities in gaining back speed.

You guys might want to list the aircraft involved and how well they can perform this response tactic to other aircraft. Some aircraft are better at performing some tactics than others. Three different players who are experts in three different aircraft can all three make it look like the same tactic works just fine in all three aircraft. Then when you make them trade rides all three get killed because they don't have the timing down for the new ride.

Which ride is the OP in when he is having his problems against the High YoYo? Which ride is giving him the problems executing a High YoYo?

The list of talented players responding to this OP have played the game long enough that most rides in the game are well known to them. I'm assuming the OP is not at that stage of his game development yet. So he may be better able to use your advice if you tie it directly to his current experience and ride.

Yes Bustr hit the nail on the head,the reason I said it was a loaded question. I would add to bustr's remarks that if the OP would film and submit the film it would be much easier to answer his question in detail.

Now this could lead to all types of smart remarks in some other forums but I would hope that since this is "help and training" that those remarks would be of a constructive nature.There's been much good advice given but most newer players dont have the skill sets to implement this great advice and not knowing the Op's plane or planes of choice the best we can do is "guess" what the proper counter as I dont think it's as simple as do this or do that.

:salute

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 01:38:17 AM »
Make a climbing turn into the bandit and fly inside his turn circle.
then the yoyo flyer would just rope up instead and wait patiently to come back down? or am i wrong in assuming this tactic?
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 07:37:39 AM »
then the yoyo flyer would just rope up instead and wait patiently to come back down? or am i wrong in assuming this tactic?
Anyone who wants to use this advice should keep in mind that we're all making assumptions about relative aircraft performance and E states.  A fast jug diving on a slow zeke is a very different situation than a fast zeke diving on a slow jug.

You're making assumptions about aircraft performance and relative energy states. The original question was too vague and the clarification was how to deal with a high yoyo after a break turn defense. The energy states and aircraft performance are still open questions. Turning into the bandit's turn circle is generally good advice. What will actually work in a specific fight depends on aircraft performance and energy states.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 09:24:44 AM »
as morfiend said, it is a loaded question, sort of....
~snip~
 .. I try to extend and gain any speed I can as they are closing in on me.....depending on the plane match up ( what am I flying? what are they flying? ) I will decide at what distance / time I want to perform a flat break turn, all the while I am watching  & waiting for my opponent to pull into a hi yoyo,

~snip~

same reason I posted the above.. OP was to vague / to generic in his description

from reading 5 or 6 of the replys, it looks like everyone is saying the exact same things, only in different wording......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC