Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 17353 times)

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2011, 10:39:46 AM »
If you switched sides just to announced a CV's position, you should be .reported (taking away chat privs for a week) and shunned by the community.

What if DMGod is already being shunned by the community?
 :neener:

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2011, 10:41:24 AM »
This is a poor argument.  The "Powers on High" have repeatedly stated that Aces High is NOT a WW2 simulator.

Correct that statement to read more precisely ,Aces High is not a simulation of WW2.

HiTech

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2011, 10:42:30 AM »
Correct that statement to read more precisely ,Aces High is not a simulation of WW2.

HiTech

You got it boss!   :salute

This is a poor argument.  The "Powers on High" have repeatedly stated that Aces High is NOT a simulation of WW2.

Definitely clearer wording, thanks.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2011, 10:45:07 AM »
What if DMGod is already being shunned by the community?
 :neener:

:aok
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2011, 10:46:26 AM »
Still wondering, since the big man is on and posting in this thread, how this can be proven and what will prevent mass reporting of someone?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2011, 10:49:32 AM »
Imho (yea, I know, but here goes);

CV should not be able to roam independently but should require supply ships to occasionally steam out to resupply them. Even a CV without air operations still needs to be refueled from time to time, needs provisions for the crew, etc. In addition, the more air operations that are conducted, the more av-gas would need to be steamed to the CV group to keep the birds fueled up. At short distances, we can use the supply barges (which are already in the game) but at longer distances we can use ocean going cargo ships.

What would this accomplish? It would; allow hidden CVs to be found, create a strategic type of gameplay by hunting down those cargo ships, and overall create more play and targets for a bomber force which has little to do.

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2011, 10:53:44 AM »

CV should not be able to roam independently but should require supply ships to occasionally steam out to resupply them. Even a CV without air operations still needs to be refueled from time to time, needs provisions for the crew, etc. In addition, the more air operations that are conducted, the more av-gas would need to be steamed to the CV group to keep the birds fueled up. At short distances, we can use the supply barges (which are already in the game) but at longer distances we can use ocean going cargo ships.

What would this accomplish? It would; allow hidden CVs to be found, create a strategic type of gameplay by hunting down those cargo ships, and overall create more play and targets for a bomber force which has little to do.

(Image removed from quote.)
Not bad. :aok

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2011, 10:54:14 AM »

That's a pretty cool idea Del!  It solves the CV hiding problem AND adds something new to shoot at!  +1
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:56:51 AM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline angels10

• Zinc Member
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2011, 10:55:20 AM »
 This is DMGod were talking about if he speaks should we not listen. As said before and he doesn't try to hide it. He will change sides and give location of hidden cvs or sink them himself. I think he should get Medal of Honor for bravery.   :old:

ANGELS10 :angel:

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2011, 10:58:50 AM »

Not bad (for someone that has the buzzing of two engines in their ears all the time)

I also, will sink CV's that are hidden as Vilkas has a fondness for them although I will usually do this myself.

Hiding CV's is like popping the basketball (soccer, kickball, etc) so the other kids in recess can't play with it while you go to lunch.

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2011, 11:03:01 AM »
So what did we learn today class? First, if you see your countries CV heading off into nowhere land, take command and direct it back to the fight. Second, if you have a strong case of treason, report them by whining about it on the forums  :devil  :noid

BTW, remember this is a game, take the time to enjoy it, probably less heartburn that way. :aok  :salute

Offline RobMo68

• Nickel Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2011, 11:14:23 AM »
Still wondering, since the big man is on and posting in this thread, how this can be proven and what will prevent mass reporting of someone?

HE KNOWS, and he's not gonna tell you, HOW HE KNOWS, either! :noid

{edit} I'll give you a hint! You know they have LOGS for scenarios, right?! What, you think the MAINS don't have LOGS?! :O
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:23:11 AM by RobMo68 »
Speed68a
Special Forces Wing: POTW nUb:"Get outta my mud, biotch"

+~WARPIGS RACING~+
ERL S3R9 Winner

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2011, 11:16:59 AM »
I was late to realize this myself, but we could all act like grown ups, or at least, with courtesy and ethics towards alleged transgressors.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2011, 11:42:20 AM »
Personally, I'd rather have HTC working on more planes, tanks, ships, maps, skin rotations than having to go through logs to find a guy that switched because he's being a jackwagon and sinking CVs. 
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2011, 11:46:13 AM »
HE KNOWS, and he's not gonna tell you, HOW HE KNOWS, either! :noid

{edit} I'll give you a hint! You know they have LOGS for scenarios, right?! What, you think the MAINS don't have LOGS?! :O

Here is another "hint".

I have cell phone number's for squadmates.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in-game that has squaddies cell numbers.

in < 10 seconds, a mass text to all squad members can be sent.

How well are the logs gonna stop or record that?