Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 17230 times)

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2011, 11:55:54 AM »
...Cell phone logs?

But honestly... If you're texting your squad mates the position of enemy carriers...

...You potentially could need to go outside for a bit...
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2011, 11:58:02 AM »
...Cell phone logs?

But honestly... If you're texting your squad mates the position of enemy carriers...

...You potentially could need to go outside for a bit...

Just saying...

Squelching them for a week would not stop someone that is determined.

Determined folks are.... well......     determined.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2011, 12:00:27 PM »
This epic thread has been brought to you by the letter B and the number 7.
 :neener:

As opposed to CV hiding I think CV creative writing and waypoint art are more appealing.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2011, 12:02:18 PM »
This epic thread has been brought to you by the letter B and the number 7.
 :neener:

As opposed to CV hiding I think CV creative writing and waypoint art are more appealing.

So you are the guy that has been writing "bacon" with CV waypoints?

I'll bet you are hiding all of the sheep, too...

:noid

Offline RobMo68

• Nickel Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »

Here is another "hint".

I have cell phone number's for squadmates.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in-game that has squaddies cell numbers.

in < 10 seconds, a mass text to all squad members can be sent.

How well are the logs gonna stop or record that?

Uhm, if you are a member of a squad that is KNOWN to be side A (or known to be a player of said side), and are seen playin side B or C (roster busted you out), HELLO MR OBVIOUS!

For all those dumb@sees that think they have the "perfect" way of cheating, HT has ways of catching you, they've been doin this awhile now, ya know!!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 12:18:47 PM by RobMo68 »
Speed68a
Special Forces Wing: POTW nUb:"Get outta my mud, biotch"

+~WARPIGS RACING~+
ERL S3R9 Winner

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2011, 12:20:53 PM »
So you are the guy that has been writing "bacon" with CV waypoints?

I'll bet you are hiding all of the sheep, too...

:noid

No I always run out of waypoints trying to write "Hi". I'm not that talented.  But seeing "vote for pedro" written in waypoints always gives me a chuckle.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2011, 12:23:12 PM »
Uhm, if you are a member of a squad that is KNOWN to be side A (or known to be a player of said side), and are seen playin side B or C (roster busted you out), HELLO MR OBVIOUS!

For all those dumb@sees that think they have the "perfect" way of cheating, HT has ways of catching you, they've been doin this awhile now, ya know!!

Muting me for a week due to circumstantial evidence or a mass reporting would be the quickest way for a company to lose my business.  Unless it can be proven, there is a word for it.

Heresay: (n) the testimony given by a witness who relates not what is known personally but what others have stated.

What if I was on a different country than normal, switched only 10 minutes ago, 5 squaddies just logged on and now I have 50 minutes to wait?

What if I logged in on another country, sent a text to squaddies and logged off for another hour while they obliterated all of the CV's I called out?

The list of excuses/scenarios could be endless and I really do not feel compelled to trade volleys about the innumerable amount of ways that this situation could happen or be defended against.

Ever hear the saying "Locks are only meant to keep honest people out"  ?

I would wager that if CV's didn't get hidden, there would be nobody switching sides to sink them or report their locations.

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2011, 12:34:18 PM »
This is a poor argument.  The "Powers on High" have repeatedly stated that Aces High is NOT a WW2 simulator.

From the Main Page:  "Welcome to the Best WW2 and WW1 Combat Experience Online!"
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline RobMo68

• Nickel Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2011, 12:35:31 PM »
Muting me for a week due to circumstantial evidence or a mass reporting would be the quickest way for a company to lose my business.  Unless it can be proven, there is a word for it.

Heresay: (n) the testimony given by a witness who relates not what is known personally but what others have stated.

What if I was on a different country than normal, switched only 10 minutes ago, 5 squaddies just logged on and now I have 50 minutes to wait?

What if I logged in on another country, sent a text to squaddies and logged off for another hour while they obliterated all of the CV's I called out?

The list of excuses/scenarios could be endless and I really do not feel compelled to trade volleys about the innumerable amount of ways that this situation could happen or be defended against.

Ever hear the saying "Locks are only meant to keep honest people out"  ?

I would wager that if CV's didn't get hidden, there would be nobody switching sides to sink them or report their locations.

Dude, if you're arguing "that cheating is ok", cause they can't possibly catch everybody doin it, you'll get no respect from me (or most likely anybody else for that matter)!

And like I said, if ya think ya got the perfect way to do it, go for it, but don't whine when they bust/ban you for doin it!
Speed68a
Special Forces Wing: POTW nUb:"Get outta my mud, biotch"

+~WARPIGS RACING~+
ERL S3R9 Winner

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2011, 12:37:01 PM »
From the Main Page:  "Welcome to the Best WW2 and WW1 Combat Experience Online!"

Your point?

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2011, 12:38:35 PM »
It makes perfect sense from a strategic standpoint to move the CV into safe waters if you do not own the port.  Keeping it "in play" will just get it sunk and your country loses the CV to the enemy.  Let me restate, it makes absolutely zero sense from a strategic standpoint to keep the CV in play.  

This entire thread is just a furballers vs win the war's never resolving argument in disguise.  Furballers think the war is stupid and have no respect for the win the war guys right to play their way, within the parameters of the game, so they break the rules to get even.  

You have to take the good with the bad, furballers.  The war creates lots of fun in the MA.  Do you like engaging bomber formations, missions, and defending bases against attackers trying to capture the base?  If so, then you do enjoy the war aspect of the game.  To cry about certain negatives of it that aren't to your likings yet eating the rest up with a spoon is hypocritical, and you should just go over to furball lake and fly in the endless furball.  No bombers, no base capture, no strategy, nothing but fighting endlessly to your heart's content.  If that sounds boring, then you are really just fooling yourself of what the MA is really about.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2011, 12:42:14 PM »
It makes perfect sense from a strategic standpoint to move the CV into safe waters if you do not own the port.  Keeping it "in play" will just get it sunk and your country loses the CV to the enemy.  Let me restate, it makes absolutely zero sense from a strategic standpoint to keep the CV in play.  

This entire thread is just a furballers vs win the war's never resolving argument in disguise.  Furballers think the war is stupid and have no respect for the win the war guys right to play their way, within the parameters of the game, so they break the rules to get even.  

You have to take the good with the bad, furballers.  The war creates lots of fun in the MA.  Do you like engaging bomber formations, missions, and defending bases against attackers trying to capture the base?  If so, then you do enjoy the war aspect of the game.  To cry about certain negatives of it that aren't to your likings yet eating the rest up with a spoon is hypocritical, and you should just go over to furball lake and fly in the endless furball.  No bombers, no base capture, no strategy, nothing but fighting endlessly to your heart's content.  If that sounds boring, then you are really just fooling yourself of what the MA is really about.

I agree the "war winners" can and do generate many awesome confrontations, although I draw a line with regards to the "cherry/vulch" brigades !

Then again I'm a fan of fighting against the 'cherry/vulch" brigades, so WTF do I know?  :)

JUGgler
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 12:43:58 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2011, 12:56:01 PM »

How do we handle hybrid players such as myself in this argument?  I'll grab land to start fights and when they stop fighting I'll grab more land until a good fight erupts again.  I do despise true furballs as they are too static in nature and drumming up my own fights are fun from beginning to end.  I guess you can call me a fur-grabber (chuckle).  So taking a CV out of the action does not sit well with me as it is a resource to start fights and or grab land depending on the enemies response or lack thereof.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2011, 12:58:39 PM »
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2011, 01:02:19 PM »

Of course it makes no sense if you're hiding it before the port is take, right?
Who is John Galt?