Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 17674 times)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2011, 09:58:19 AM »
DMgawd, did you really try to play the character abuse card? :rofl  Yeah, changing sides to relay CV positions for squadmates to play in b29s. Was in means to improve gameplay for all. Next you'll try pissing down my back and telling me it's raining. Thanks for the laugh though.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2011, 10:05:38 AM »
Deleted could be seen as flame bait.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:39:48 AM by hitech »
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2011, 10:13:25 AM »
...that you can not look at the other mans cards when he is away getting a bear.

You must play cards with some mighty tough customers; I wouldn't be looking at his cards either. :D
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2011, 10:36:45 AM »
You must play cards with some mighty tough customers; I wouldn't be looking at his cards either. :D

What do you guys in the States use to bet with, money?  Waaaaay more interesting gameplay, and better Monday morning stories to use live wild animals.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2011, 10:41:54 AM »

I must admit, some times my spelling makes me LOL.

HiTech

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2011, 10:48:32 AM »
This thread further proves that we are all HiTech's children...

...Orphan children...and HiTech Creations is the orphanage...

We cry for no reason :cry
We love to play with the new toys they give us :x
They scold us when we're bad :(
Perk rides are kind of like "treats" after you've been good :D
And they rinse our mouths out with mute soap when we do bad things on channel... :frown:
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2011, 10:49:26 AM »
You guys talking about poker is funny.  Was a time not too long ago where a man would justifiably kill another man if he discovered cheating in a poker GAME  :neener:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2011, 10:49:33 AM »
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2011, 10:57:33 AM »
I still haven't seen an answer to my question.

If my fellow countrymen hide away a cv is it against the rules for me to report the location to the other side?

Sticking to the poker, it would be like telling them what I have in MY hand.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #234 on: March 01, 2011, 11:03:02 AM »
Sticking to the poker, it would be like telling them what I have in MY hand.

Yes, exactly like that, because just like in poker you're part of a 100-odd person team who you are the sole representative and speaker for...

Hmm...  On second thought, it perhaps appears that it might not be anything like that at all.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron, My Little Pony
« Reply #235 on: March 01, 2011, 11:10:49 AM »
Just because the question is hanging there.

If fog of war is important, why make it possible to change sides so easily? It's not likely that the hundreds (or even tens) of people changing sides are supposed to forget the state of the side they left. While the info will go out of date, CVs move slowly so you only need to know the general area they are in.

I don't want to assume anything or put words in HiTech's mouth (ewwww! :)) but that would seem to indicate a tacit approval of "spying", at least in so far as side switching is concerned. IMHO, its one of the things that makes the goal of winning the ground game appear less than compelling. If you don't like how its going for your present side, you switch to the side that is "winning" and take what you know to make it win faster.
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers
Longest continuously operating MMO squadron
Serving your target needs since 1990
They thought it would be a disgrace to go forth in a group.  Each entered the forest at a point that he had chosen where there was no path and where it was darkest. La Queste de St G

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #236 on: March 01, 2011, 11:14:26 AM »
That's what I'm trying to get to the bottom with. 

See as we are not technically on a team, because I couldn't care less about the war, all I care about is the fight. The "war" brings in fightingn so hiding a CV makes it one more thing AVOIDING a fight. I may want to move a CV into position to start a fight so I don't have to fight in a horde.

Is so "little generals" plan to hide a CV more important than my plan to use it?

I have given up the loction of our CVs before because I wasn't allowed to use it. So I gave it up to the other team so they could use it. If this against the rules now I'd like to know. That's all.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #237 on: March 01, 2011, 11:16:20 AM »
You guys talking about poker is funny.  Was a time not too long ago where a man would justifiably kill another man if he discovered cheating in a poker GAME  :neener:

Do you suppose they were playing for money?  :D

Just because the question is hanging there.

If fog of war is important, why make it possible to change sides so easily? It's not likely that the hundreds (or even tens) of people changing sides are supposed to forget the state of the side they left. While the info will go out of date, CVs move slowly so you only need to know the general area they are in.

I don't want to assume anything or put words in HiTech's mouth (ewwww! :)) but that would seem to indicate a tacit approval of "spying", at least in so far as side switching is concerned. IMHO, its one of the things that makes the goal of winning the ground game appear less than compelling. If you don't like how its going for your present side, you switch to the side that is "winning" and take what you know to make it win faster.

I think we're on the honor system.  :angel:

We are treated like adults playing a game with our friends.  :D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 11:19:14 AM by FLS »

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #238 on: March 01, 2011, 11:27:16 AM »
We're grown men and women playing a game that we enjoy.

We're supposed to act honorably and civilly towards one another in the spirit of fair play.

This thread has exposed a wealth of immaturity amongst our ranks. Good job tards.  :aok
See Rule #4

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #239 on: March 01, 2011, 11:57:49 AM »
There's a lot more discussion on this thread about conduct than there is about CV placement.

And it's NOT the "C" word...it's dirty tricksters.

DMGOD is far from being the first to change sides and finger a cv....he's simply the FIRST to be honest about it on the forums.  This happens every day and by ALL SIDES.

The "fix" isn't having HTC spend boatloads of cash on R&D for submarines and seperate destroyers...it's to DISABLE the ability for players to cause the problem in the first place....disable any and all comms across country lines and change the country change from 45 minutes to 24 hours.  The 24 hour side limitation was good enough for Air Warrior, it's good enough for us.

Although by simply saying that, you will see folks screaming bloody murder against it because that takes away the tools the "dirty tricksters" need.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 12:21:20 PM by ROX »