Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 17573 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #240 on: March 01, 2011, 12:04:46 PM »
24 hour limit was good enough for Air Warrior, but where is Air Warrior now?

Get rid of cross country comms? Really?  That wouldn't help the matter any considering some of the things mentioned earlier (phones, TS, Vent, etc...)
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #241 on: March 01, 2011, 12:06:53 PM »
disable any and all comms across country lines and change the country change from 45 minutes to 24 hours. 

Since I switched countries to find a fight I suddenly can't talk to my squad mates who just logged on, particularly when they are in another arena? To top it off, I can't use channel 200 either?

A HUGE -1.

Not everyone gives a flying fig about winning the war... go ahead and steamroll bases, I don't care. If this change does happen, I will purchase a dedicated Teamspeak server to continue to talk to my squadmates.  Except maybe that Princess character, I always feel she is eyeballing my package.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2011, 12:10:41 PM »
Except maybe that Princess character, I always feel she is eyeballing my package.

:rofl  :rofl   Dont worry Del,  she's just comparing to her Package  :rofl
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2011, 12:14:46 PM »
It's enough to make ya weep sometimes.  Limit the players who just are having fun and enjoying the people they get to fly with and against, to get those few who think this game is so important that they 'break the rules' in the name of the 'war'.

Makes perfect sense.  Punish the many for the sins of a few.

OK with that logic lets move on

Because some folks don't fly bombers the way they should, and Lanc stuka carriers or hangers, I believe it important that HTC have a minimum alt limit for bombers to drop bombs.  All bombers must reach historically accurate altitudes before their bomb bay doors will open.

Lets see,  What other silly stuff can we have HTC implement to stick it to the majority of players because of a few folks who lack a clue. :rolleyes:
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2011, 12:17:45 PM »
Deleted could be seen as flame bait.

Awww man  :(  I didn't mean it, I swear  :devil
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2011, 12:17:55 PM »
It's enough to make ya weep sometimes.  Limit the players who just are having fun and enjoying the people they get to fly with and against, to get those few who think this game is so important that they 'break the rules' in the name of the 'war'.

Makes perfect sense.  Punish the many for the sins of a few.

OK with that logic lets move on

Because some folks don't fly bombers the way they should, and Lanc stuka carriers or hangers, I believe it important that HTC have a minimum alt limit for bombers to drop bombs.  All bombers must reach historically accurate altitudes before their bomb bay doors will open.

Lets see,  What other silly stuff can we have HTC implement to stick it to the majority of players because of a few folks who lack a clue. :rolleyes:

:aok

Nerf the JUG  :bolt:

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2011, 12:20:16 PM »
So I am trying to learn the "rules".

reporting the CV location just because the other side isn't using the CV how you want them to use it is hardly playing by the rules no matter how you try and justify it. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2011, 12:28:14 PM »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2011, 12:31:12 PM »
You guys talking about poker is funny.  Was a time not too long ago where a man would justifiably kill another man if he discovered cheating in a poker GAME  :neener:

Perhaps a similar rule is called for here.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #249 on: March 01, 2011, 12:33:34 PM »
Was a time not too long ago where a man would justifiably kill another man if he discovered cheating in a poker GAME 

Perhaps a similar rule is called for here.

Why kill him? If someone is that worried about cheating in an online flight sim, their sex life must be dead already.  :D
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #250 on: March 01, 2011, 12:36:44 PM »

I know. Let's make a "no vulch" rule.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #251 on: March 01, 2011, 12:39:05 PM »
Why kill him?

Answer: As an act of the ultimate in sarcasm.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #252 on: March 01, 2011, 12:52:48 PM »
Is so "little generals" plan to hide a CV more important than my plan to use it?

You're still asking the wrong question. The right question is "Does our difference of opinion on the proper use of CVs justify my acting like a low-down, dishonorable cheat?" The answer is NO.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #253 on: March 01, 2011, 01:02:23 PM »
You're still asking the wrong question. The right question is "Does our difference of opinion on the proper use of CVs justify my acting like a low-down, dishonorable cheat?" The answer is NO.

Ah.  OK, I'm out of this one.

- oldman

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #254 on: March 01, 2011, 01:08:59 PM »
Ah.  OK, I'm out of this one.

- oldman

You know you want to stay  :D

-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||