Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 17556 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #255 on: March 01, 2011, 01:13:39 PM »
You know you want to stay  :D

He'll stick around for the next shameful episode - in this case where DMSelf aggrandizing buys 300 subscriptions so he can populate an entire arena all to himself.  

{Edit Note: I had to separate "self" and "aggrandizing" because it runs afoul of the obscenity editor... think about it}

I don't mean to direct that at anyone, btw. The kind of conduct in question seems to appear from many quarters. Still, I 'm waiting for some clown to pull that one.  
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 01:15:20 PM by PJ_Godzilla »
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #256 on: March 01, 2011, 01:14:47 PM »
"Proper use"?  This has been my point the whole time.  You impose delusions of superiority on the majority, who are more intelligent.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #257 on: March 01, 2011, 01:15:13 PM »
[quote author=hitech link=topic=307699.msg3969780#msg3969780 date=129899

Yes, it is why the CV’s are not show to enemy countries. Fairly obvious I would say. But then again, Ive never seen in a rule in a book of poker, that you can not look at the other mans cards when he is away getting a bear.

HiTech

[/quote]

I'm not so sure I could focus on the game.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #258 on: March 01, 2011, 01:17:49 PM »
No AKAK I'm talking about MY cv. The generals park it in the back country "hiding" it from the other basically saying "nobody can play with this".

So normally I give up the location so that at least SOMEBODY can play with it even if it IS the other team.

I just want make sure that this or is not against the rules. Also I would ask what gives the little general more rights than me where he can do what HE wants, but I can't. And by "I can't" I mean use the CV to attack. 

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #259 on: March 01, 2011, 01:17:58 PM »
[quote author=hitech link=topic=307699.msg3969780#msg3969780 date=129899

Yes, it is why the CV’s are not show to enemy countries. Fairly obvious I would say. But then again, Ive never seen in a rule in a book of poker, that you can not look at the other mans cards when he is away getting a bear.

HiTech

I'm not so sure I could focus on the game.

Right.

"Excuse me, boys. I need to leave the table for a minute to go do my best impression of Brad Pitt in that light-in-the-loafers Legends film. Kato, bring me my bear-fightin' gear and the Jeep.

Don't look at my cards you cheatin' muthahfuhgivah..."
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #260 on: March 01, 2011, 01:19:30 PM »
No AKAK I'm talking about MY cv. The generals park it in the back country "hiding" it from the other basically saying "nobody can play with this".

So normally I give up the location so that at least SOMEBODY can play with it even if it IS the other team.

I just want make sure that this or is not against the rules. Also I would ask what gives the little general more rights than me where he can do what HE wants, but I can't. And by "I can't" I mean use the CV to attack. 

If it is against the rules, you'll have to go on the lam, Fugitive.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #261 on: March 01, 2011, 01:38:12 PM »
I have to agree.  If some generalissimo extraordinaire has run the CV up the coast and away from the battle then sink the damned thing out of spite.   Get it back into play.

Do realize these aren't real aircraft carriers....these are not real airplanes and tanks...people are really not being maimed and killed.
The landmass is a cartoon fantasy place....only exists on a server somewhere in texas.  Lighten up francis.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #262 on: March 01, 2011, 01:47:33 PM »
This whole thread is just simply ridiculous.

Ive been playing for well over 5 years and even in my landgrabbing haydays, Ive learned to take the good with the bad. If I wanted to join NOE missions, there was threats of spies coming to bust them. IF I was going to hide a cv, I learned that I coudlnt be there to hold it forever. It was just part of the game and most of us just deal with it. Frustrating sometimes, but thats what makes the game so addicting.

This game is shared with such a wide variety of players who sometimes dont agree on certain aspects of gameplay, in truth we all know without the other, things would get rather stale.

Im appauled from recent responses given by the AH top brass about hordes, rolling bases close to arena switching and now this?

I could care less about a stupid pixelated CV or base or whatever..its not the point. Seems as though we have to appease the babies in the new generation of customers while most of us had to go through the growing pains on our own to stick it out.

Im seriously considering my subscripttion here. If its AIRQUAKE you guys want..count me out..KEEP IT
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
« Reply #263 on: March 01, 2011, 01:51:01 PM »
This whole thread is just simply ridiculous.

Ive been playing for well over 5 years and even in my landgrabbing haydays, Ive learned to take the good with the bad. If I wanted to join NOE missions, there was threats of spies coming to bust them. IF I was going to hide a cv, I learned that I coudlnt be there to hold it forever. It was just part of the game and most of us just deal with it. Frustrating sometimes, but thats what makes the game so addicting.

This game is shared with such a wide variety of players who sometimes dont agree on certain aspects of gameplay, in truth we all know without the other, things would get rather stale.

Im appauled from recent responses given by the AH top brass about hordes, rolling bases close to arena switching and now this?

I could care less about a stupid pixelated CV or base or whatever..its not the point. Seems as though we have to appease the babies in the new generation of customers while most of us had to go through the growing pains on our own to stick it out.

Im seriously considering my subscripttion here. If its AIRQUAKE you guys want..count me out..KEEP IT

:aok

I am suprised this thread is still going.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #264 on: March 01, 2011, 01:56:27 PM »
Meh.  Deleted.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #265 on: March 01, 2011, 02:09:21 PM »
What happened to code and sportmanship?  I'm most of us are adults here; and it saddens me to see how many are acting.  IMO AH does not need to change, the player base needs to remember sportsmanship.  Or maybe AH just needs to spell out a CoC for people that apparently have morals.  I have switch countries many times but have never felt the urge to tell my new country or my old country the location of CVs or missions.   

Here is something from another online game that I enjoy (not as much as AH, but its still fun).  This belongs to iRacing but I think a lot applies to here and I try to use it here.

http://membersmedia.iracing.com/pdfs/FIRST_Sporting_Code_v2011.02.18.01.pdf

Conduct
1. Principles
1.1. Article 134. It is expected that each member will treat other drivers, iRacing officials, employees and the community with respect and class on and off the race track and will not bring the sport or iRacing into disrepute via their actions including but not limited to those that iRacing.com/F.I.R.S.T official deem prejudice the integrity of fair competition in any series or special events within iRacing.com.
1.2. At iRacing we believe that racing in the virtual world is as much a form of motorsport as racing in the physical one. Our expectation is that all members of our community – racers, officials and employees – will conduct themselves in the same way as a race participant would at an event in the physical world. Each of us owes every other member of the iRacing community the same courtesy and respect that we expect to receive ourselves.
Much of the satisfaction of being a member of our community comes from the personal relationships that are formed and maintained here. For that reason, we require members to register using their real names, which, in addition to facilitating friendships, promotes personal responsibility.
Emotions will run as high in our races as they do in all competitive environments. But rude behavior – whether in actions behind the wheel, in oral communications through in-sim chat, or in writing on forums – damages social relationships and has no place here.
The Terms of Use and End User Licensing Agreement to which you agreed upon joining iRacing stipulates that iRacing – including its sanctioning organization FIRST – will be the judge of what constitutes inappropriate on-track or interpersonal behavior, and shall have the authority to impose penalties up to and including revocation of membership. We will have zero tolerance for deliberate bad behavior, whether on- or off-track. Those individuals who are habitually unable to treat others in an appropriate fashion will find themselves on the outside looking in.
First Official Sporting Code Version 2011.02.18.01
9 | P a g e |
First Official Sporting Code
2.2. O
n –Track Conduct
iRacing places a high value on responsible driving and fair competition. Accidents in racing are inevitable; they are a natural consequence of close competition. But the FIRST graduated licensing program stresses the development of driving skills and the avoidance of accidents, rewarding safe driving and minimizing the number of on-track accidents.
2. In the physical world, the risk of injury and expensive car repairs serves as a natural deterrent to reckless driving. Because those risks don’t exist in the virtual world, iRacing has developed a system that automatically calculates a driver’s safety record through each lap in every official on-track session. The system does not assess blame for an incident, so responsibility for avoiding crashes still resides with each individual driver.
3. While it is not feasible for iRacing to directly monitor every on-track session, FIRST officials will randomly select sessions to monitor. Drivers can also report reckless and/or erratic driving and attempts at on-track intimidation (See Reckless Driving, section 6.11 below) to FIRST officials by emailing a complete description of the incident (including series name, session time, and drivers involved in the incident) to Protest@iRacing.com (See Protests, Section 8, below). Failure to drive with respect for other competitors will lead to substantial sanctions. Those who habitually engage in bad on-track behavior will be removed from our community.
Voice and Text Chat
iRacing provides means for racers to communicate with one another before, during and after on-track sessions. The high emotions that are a normal part of close racing do not justify verbally abusive or other inappropriate expressions toward officials or other racers. Disrespectful communications, including foul or threatening language and insults, will not be tolerated and will lead to the cancellation of the offender’s membership.
2.4. F
orums
1. The iRacing is the social backbone of our community, providing a way for members to interact with one another, exchange information and build friendships. Disagreements are part of the landscape, but in order to maintain a pleasant environment for all community members, participants must not use rude or hostile language. Posts that attempt to publicly confront, accuse or attack another member or official are forbidden. Those who engage in a pattern of such behavior will face penalties that may include revocation of membership.
First Official Sporting Code Version 2011.02.18.01
10 | P a g e |
First Official Sporting Code
2. The Private Messaging function is considered part of the iRacing Forums, and as such, the same standards for conduct apply to all private messages. Foul or threatening language and insults will not be tolerated and will lead to the cancellation of the offender’s membership.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #266 on: March 01, 2011, 02:11:36 PM »
24 hour limit was good enough for Air Warrior, but where is Air Warrior now?

Get rid of cross country comms? Really?  That wouldn't help the matter any considering some of the things mentioned earlier (phones, TS, Vent, etc...)

Time limits on changing sides had nothing to do with the demise of Air Warrior...lack of R&D, bad management, and greed did.

Fine, let 'em use phones, Skype, etc...just don't hand it to them to use as a tool in the game.

Take away the dirty trickster's tools of the trade and you fix the biggest parts of the problem.

They will also be the ones most vocal against it.

Offline SNIPER30

• Copper Member
« Reply #267 on: March 01, 2011, 02:12:06 PM »
SNIPER30
Zinc Member

Reg: Nov 2007

Re: Is this what Hitech wants?
« Reply #218 on: Today at 02:08:31 PM » Quote Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zinc Member

Reg: Nov 2007

Re: the "WARBEAST Kill Club"
« Reply #99 on: Today at 02:01:37 PM » Quote Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW now I've seen it all!

Now if I'm not mistaken, Warbeast you are always in a 5in gun or other manned gun on the bases am i right? (thought so)

Warbeast,when your in the 5in on the ships don't you routinely call out the location of the CV"S YOUR ON on channel 200 for everyone to see.(thought so)

So now i ask Hitech,what is the difference between this behavior and the one that you muted DMGOD for?(both are doing the same thing)

Sound like a double standard to me!

Thank You

THUNDER MOB
R.I.P. 11Bravo

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #268 on: March 01, 2011, 03:09:44 PM »

.....Sooooooo......is HTC devising a method whereby a certain number of a country's online players may somehow override the choice of the highest-ranked online player?  Because as it stands one individual has the power to hide the CV, regardless of what the rest of the country's players want...yes?

- oldman

Absolutely ... you took the words right out of my mouth.

If just 1 person, who is the highest ranked at the time, decides that the CV will be hidden and taken out of action ... then it's screw the rest of the COUNTRY or a group of individuals that would like to use the hidden CV.

If you log on and see a CV stuck way out in Timbuktu and a group of pilots want to move it in an attack position ... all it takes is 1 individual, who has a high rank, to put the kibosh on those plans.

If owners of the CV are not the owners of the port ... 3 hours after the capture of the port, the CV should be uncloaked for the port owners to see.

I don't agree with the notion that the CV should be scuttled and returned to the owners of the port automatically ... they should be required to sink it to get it back.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #269 on: March 01, 2011, 03:14:10 PM »
"Proper use"?  This has been my point the whole time.  You impose delusions of superiority on the majority, who are more intelligent.

I did no such thing. I said the dispute was over how CVs are properly used. I did NOT say that my view was the proper one. I didn't even say what my view WAS. I said either way it doesn't justify cheating.

Also I would ask what gives the little general more rights than me where he can do what HE wants, but I can't.

Translation: "WAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!! I'm not getting my WAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!! It's not FAAAAAAIIIIIIIR!!!!!!!!!" :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Rank controls CVs. Rank controls CVs whether the higher ranked guy is the one who wants to attack with it, or the one who wants to hold it back, or the one who wants to write his name with the course. That's part of the game. Grow up and deal.