Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 17586 times)

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #405 on: March 04, 2011, 10:35:01 AM »
Charlie Sheen jokes anybody?  :P
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #406 on: March 04, 2011, 03:59:57 PM »

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #407 on: March 04, 2011, 08:12:39 PM »
Since we're on the subject:

If players are getting their speaking privileges removed for a week for calling out CV positions, I propose that players that make cheating, spying, etc... accusations also get muted for a week.  

So, no one's really answered this post.  Any comments?
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #408 on: March 04, 2011, 08:20:56 PM »

Oh, that was a serious proposition.

No.

False reports should be punishable because that's against the rules, calling somebody out for breaking the rules isn't breaking any rules. It's why the .report function exists.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #409 on: March 04, 2011, 08:21:09 PM »

Nobody likes a tattletail.

vWNTRGRN
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #410 on: March 04, 2011, 08:22:44 PM »
Since we're on the subject:

If players are getting their speaking privileges removed for a week for calling out CV positions, I propose that players that make cheating, spying, etc... accusations also get muted for a week.  

HiTech has answered that question a long time ago in a thread talking about that very subject of people accusing others of cheating on the forums and in game.  The answer was, those people can also be muted or suspended from the game for doing it.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #411 on: March 04, 2011, 08:24:16 PM »
Oh, that was a serious proposition.

No.

False reports should be punishable because that's against the rules, calling somebody out for breaking the rules isn't breaking any rules. It's why the .report function exists.

But that's what the ".report" command is for.  Why bring it out on an open channel?

HiTech has answered that question a long time ago in a thread talking about that very subject of people accusing others of cheating on the forums and in game.  The answer was, those people can also be muted or suspended from the game for doing it. 

ack-ack

That's what I thought, too.  SO shouldn't this include those that accuse people of changing countries to sink a CV out of paranoia?
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #412 on: March 04, 2011, 08:27:27 PM »
But that's what the ".report" command is for.  Why bring it out on an open channel?

That's what I thought, too.  SO shouldn't this include those that accuse people of changing countries to sink a CV out of paranoia?

Oh, you meant accusations on open channel. I'm not sure then. My knee-jerk opinion is still no, but I'd like to hear your reasoning for it, if you may.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #413 on: March 04, 2011, 08:28:43 PM »
SO shouldn't this include those that accuse people of changing countries to sink a CV out of paranoia?

That's up to the powers that be that run this game to decide, not us mere mortals.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #414 on: March 04, 2011, 08:30:45 PM »
Oh, you meant accusations on open channel. I'm not sure then. My knee-jerk opinion is still no, but I'd like to hear your reasoning for it, if you may.

It's the same reasoning used with the BBS.  Hitech and Skuzzy always say to not bring their business onto the bulletin boards for an open crowd, but rather to e-mail them.  They also say to use the report system in game and on here, too.  Basically, keep it between yourself and the folks at HTC.  So, why broadcast over an open channel about such accusations?
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #415 on: March 04, 2011, 08:31:22 PM »
That's up to the powers that be that run this game to decide, not us mere mortals.

ack-ack

Which is why I'm putting it out there for discussion.  Lord knows they won't listen to me, so I wanted to know what you guys though.  :)
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #416 on: March 04, 2011, 08:44:58 PM »
It's the same reasoning used with the BBS.  Hitech and Skuzzy always say to not bring their business onto the bulletin boards for an open crowd, but rather to e-mail them.  They also say to use the report system in game and on here, too.  Basically, keep it between yourself and the folks at HTC.  So, why broadcast over an open channel about such accusations?

100% sound argument, imo. I agree.

Rebel - Inactive
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #417 on: March 05, 2011, 01:36:04 PM »
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #418 on: March 05, 2011, 02:07:19 PM »
They're coming Charlie, they're coming!

POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #419 on: March 05, 2011, 02:59:12 PM »

IMHO people who accuse others of cheating or spying without proof, either on 200, the BBS, or with the .report function, without verifiable proof, should be subject to the same punishment as those that commit the crime would receive - if the accusation is found to be false.

If you're gonna call someone out, you better be ready to face the consequences if you're wrong in your accusation and the person you're pointing the finger at did nothing wrong.

Look, I have my suspisions about certain people in this game, and certain areas they may or may not be able to do or "exploit." I would never come here, 200, or anywhere else and make any such accusation without proof. I may send film in to be reviewed, but that is something that HTC keeps private about, and not for discussion in the public arena or forums. That's just how it is. Anyone who doesn't like that and decides to air such allegations should be subject to just as much penalty as the person committing the offense would receive were they to be caught.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey