Author Topic: Aces High has stopped working.... yes it's a glitch ( or bug)  (Read 483 times)

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
Aces High has stopped working.... yes it's a glitch ( or bug)
« on: February 28, 2011, 03:48:44 AM »
Several times this month I have immediately crashed to desktop with the all famous "Aces High has stopped working" windows dialog box. In fact checking my error history i see that it has happened 78 times since 5/8/2010. Now I know a thing or 10 about computer programs so if this was just me this would be in  tech support. I understand when things are caused by video cards, sound cards, corrupt files, etc. So please don't respond with the past answers that it's corrupt files and I need to back up my settings so on and so on. It has been happening with several players I've talked to over different setups, hardware, and connections. The only common denominator is the game. There is something across systems in Aces High that is causing these problems. If it is believed to be sound packs (which i'm not sure everyone is using) then either a fix needs to be found or Aces needs to quit recognizing 3rd party sound files. HTC has been very good about updates to fix problems in different areas but this one thing seems to keep going on through each version. You have had other issues that you have fixed that was causing problems and I think this is another one. Many games I am involved in do not cause any problems at all of this nature. If it's not HTC software per say then some 3rd party software that everyone has to have could be in conflict with AH.   :salute

This is a sample of one of the problems sent into Microsoft. They are all the same.

This is part of the list of the 78+ that I've had.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:52:43 AM by viking73 »
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
Re: Aces High has stopped working.... yes it's a glitch ( or bug)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 04:26:12 PM »
my aces hi stops working every time I try to fly
I lose atleast one flight a day due to this error,I am a dummy when it comes to computers but I am ditching vista for XP this will be done next week

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 04:32:52 PM »
my aces hi stops working every time I try to fly
I lose atleast one flight a day due to this error,I am a dummy when it comes to computers but I am ditching vista for XP this will be done next week
windows 7 works good, make sure that all yours guy's sound card drivers and graphic cards drivers are up to date. my game used to crash alot before i updated my sound card
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 05:25:16 PM »
It is very much dependant on your system... having said that there is also a larger number of game crashes on 64 bit versus 32 bit.

Try pulling all non-essential USB devices off the system before starting AH (excluding controllers of course).
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 02:40:33 AM »
 :headscratch:

CRIPES A MIGHTY   :D (thought it appropriate)

Well got the typical answers, drivers, OS, usb... but not the game itself. I have lots of games, played hundreds, not one did this or currently does this. momp, fps, and so on. We have vista, xp, w7, new drivers, old drivers, usb's up the ying-yang, and 1 or 2.

So, you're saying if you have w7 you don't ever have this happen? No one who uses w7?
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 02:56:32 AM »
Yes, Windows 7 64 bit is going to randomly crash.  It is crashing in the Windows kernel, which is a place we cannot fix.  It only happens with the 64 bit version of Windows 7.  The 32 bit version seems ot be fine.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 03:45:39 AM »
So far I have run through about seven weeks of testing on both the 32 bit version and the 64 bit version (time split about evenly). Both versions will crash if you do things like alt-tab and run a burn test or something... but primarily it is the 64 bit version just like Skuzzy said. I have found the 64 bit version more likely to crash when there are a lot of devices on the USB bus (twelve will do very nicely) so I recommended that you trim down to only what you need (mouse and keyboard plus whatever controllers you use).

Now I can make it a lot more typical for you if you like but I have been very open about the problem and how I have been testing it all along and I think the information is more than available here for you.

Let me ask you something. Are you sure your system is absolutely stable? When you check your system reliability are there any other crashes other than AH? Have you run the Intel Burn test? How about OCCT? Are you overclocked at all? What memory timings are suggested for your MB and what are you using? There are literally hundreds of factors involved and so far I get "usbs up the yip yang." Very helpful.

What have you tried?  :bhead
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.