Author Topic: map.bmp  (Read 663 times)

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
map.bmp
« on: March 04, 2011, 08:12:44 PM »
I dont see how you save the new folder and find map.bmp. Can someone help me walkthrough it.

Navigate to the folder where you installed the terrain editor and find the folder

"(your editor install directory)\ahiiterr\test" inside this folder create a new folder called "texsrc".

I cliked the folder where i installed the TE, but there is no folders in it, just TE, CE, and OE.

Help please? Maybe im not reading it right..

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline mrmidi

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Re: map.bmp
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 08:34:11 PM »
Not sure what your asking...did you follow the steps prior to that in the tutorial?

:salute
midi
In charge of nothing.
C.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
It is what it is!

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 08:44:11 PM »
Ok, i found it out.

Thanks for your help, stand by for more questions :P
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:47:08 PM by jolly22 »

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 10:36:12 PM »
Sounded like you were looking at your icon shortcuts for the various editor programs there jolly. :D

This is what the path to my terrain stuff looks like:
C:\Program Files\HTC\AH2EDI~1\

To get the map to a terrain you are building, in the TE click File->Make map. Then click OK.  You will now have a 24-bit .bmp of the clipboard map in your terrain's folder.  It will be named map.  You will need to change it to an 8-bit .bmp and place it in your terrain's texsrc folder for it to show up in the TE and eventually on the in-game clipboard map.  This .bmp must be renamed from map to the same name as your terrain.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 05:18:19 AM »
Sounded like you were looking at your icon shortcuts for the various editor programs there jolly. :D

This is what the path to my terrain stuff looks like:
C:\Program Files\HTC\AH2EDI~1\

To get the map to a terrain you are building, in the TE click File->Make map. Then click OK.  You will now have a 24-bit .bmp of the clipboard map in your terrain's folder.  It will be named map.  You will need to change it to an 8-bit .bmp and place it in your terrain's texsrc folder for it to show up in the TE and eventually on the in-game clipboard map.  This .bmp must be renamed from map to the same name as your terrain.

Yup thats it! Thank you!
Now, how do you add elevations? This is a broad question, just point me the right way and i will start messing with it.