Author Topic: Has it been long? i lost track...  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Has it been long? i lost track...
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 02:13:29 PM »
if it means anything to ya bar. WoT is going to be adding the m18 to there game when it goes live.

along with the m10 and m36.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 03:14:24 PM »
i want the he177 THE M18 IS JUST A A6M ON WHEELS
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 07:13:34 PM »
Sorry BAR, but I say "heck with the M-18, give is the M26 Pershing!"

Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 07:31:49 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

thats a korean paint scheme on that pershing. hmm anymore F-86 wishes?
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 07:40:49 PM »

i stood next to that pershing when i went to the patton muesum. i thought the t34 kills on the turret were cool.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 08:18:58 PM »
M18 Fo Lyfe

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 08:30:16 PM »
pfft you people have no idea on what a good tank is.

i say the M1A1 Abrams tank!!!!!

well, its not WW2 but it definately is the spawn of the M60 which was the spawn of the Sherman...

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 09:07:02 PM »
pfft you people have no idea on what a good tank is.

i say the M1A1 Abrams tank!!!!!

well, its not WW2 but it definately is the spawn of the M60 which was the spawn of the Sherman...
the m60 does not come from the sherman. its roots lie with the m26 pershing and m48. someone needs to do more research.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 10:23:49 PM »
thats a korean paint scheme on that pershing.

And your point is?

M26 fits all the criteria for inclusion into AH as far as I can tell. The fact that the one I posted the pic of has a Korean War paint scheme is irrelevant.

If I had asked for that skin to be included you would have a point. But you don't.

FAIL.

hmm anymore F-86 wishes?

<----- has never asked for F-86 or a Korean War arena, and likely would never go there if they created one.

FAIL.
Floyd

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 10:45:14 PM »
And your point is?

M26 fits all the criteria for inclusion into AH as far as I can tell. The fact that the one I posted the pic of has a Korean War paint scheme is irrelevant.

If I had asked for that skin to be included you would have a point. But you don't.

FAIL.

<----- has never asked for F-86 or a Korean War arena, and likely would never go there if they created one.

FAIL.

i know it fits all criterias. but how long has the pershing seen combat in WW2? and i believe only 2 were knocked out in WW2. (correct me if im wrong) one was knocked out by a nashorn at point blank range.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 11:00:04 PM »

i know it fits all criterias. but how long has the pershing seen combat in WW2?

It's been a few months since I did much reading on the combat record of the M26, I'll have to refresh. I know I read about multiple engagements between US armour elements (that included both Shermans and Pershings) and German armour. It was definitely late in the war, but they saw as much or more combat as some aircraft that have been added to this game.

and i believe only 2 were knocked out in WW2. (correct me if im wrong) one was knocked out by a nashorn at point blank range.

I wasn't aware that the number of vehicles/aircraft lost was a qualifier for inclusion in Aces High.  :headscratch:
Floyd

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 11:17:12 PM »
I say for gv's, just I do for the aircraft, to fill in the gaps.

The M26 fills no gaps, and would see (almost) no use in scenarios.  Now the M18, M10 (already have the chassis), variants of the M3 (needs a remodel, but we already have the chassis), variants of the 251 (already have the chassis), Panzer Mk III "J" (already have the chassis), T70, KV1, Churchill, Cromwell, etc etc., those all could provde scenario fodder and many of them could fill gaps in the AH gv set.    
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 11:19:28 PM »

The M26 fills no gaps, and would see (almost) no use in scenarios.  Now the M18, M10 (already have the chassis), variants of the M3 (needs a remodel, but we already have the chassis), variants of the 251 (already have the chassis), Panzer Mk III "J" (already have the chassis), T70, KV1, Churchill, Cromwell, etc etc., those all could provde scenario fodder and many of them could fill gaps in the AH gv set.    
adding the m26 would atleast give the american tankers a better tiger fighting tank. the russians have there t34-85 to fight tigers with. we need the m26 to give us a shot.

personally, i want the m3 lee added. and the 105mm sherman. the sherman would be easy. just add it onto the m4(75) as the 105mm gun option then boom. done.

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 11:22:15 PM »
adding the m26 would atleast give the american tankers a better tiger fighting tank. the russians have there t34-85 to fight tigers with. we need the m26 to give us a shot.

personally, i want the m3 lee added. and the 105mm sherman. the sherman would be easy. just add it onto the m4(75) as the 105mm gun option then boom. done.

The M36 Slugger would be much better suited, then the M26. IMHO. we do need more british vehicles, I say the Cromwell should be added.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2011, 12:23:45 AM »

Pnzr III and IVs are different chassis <S>
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy