Author Topic: perk farming question  (Read 863 times)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Re: perk farming question
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 09:25:33 AM »
The Betty's rear 20mm is of such poor quality that targets sitting 200 off your tail are extremely hard to hit. I don't know if this is a bug or what... I never have this much trouble landing hits with the Bf109E 20mm and this should be of similar trajectory....

I don't know if you use the ki67 but tailgunning with 20mm's is WAY different than with 50cals. Takes a bit of time to get used to the bullets trajectory, maybe its due to the wind affecting more the larger shells? lots of parameters there...
now posting as SirNuke

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 09:52:43 AM »
MidWar is for fighting not farming. That's the problem you having.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 09:56:00 AM »
MidWar is for fighting not farming. That's the problem you having.

Efficient perk farming means you have to jump to the outnumbered country and attack the other ones. If you try to avoid any fight by doing it the other way around, you won't get much perks. ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 10:12:28 AM »
I don't know if you use the ki67 but tailgunning with 20mm's is WAY different than with 50cals. Takes a bit of time to get used to the bullets trajectory, maybe its due to the wind affecting more the larger shells? lots of parameters there...

If I recall correctly, the Betty's 20mm cannon is the same exact one used in the A6M2.  You have to aim a tad higher with it (due to horrible ballistics) than you would with the B-29's 20mm, or any other 20mm for that matter.  The one thing I've noticed about the B-29's 20mm though, is that it sprays a little, kind of like the Ostwind.

On another note, is it me or does the Ju-87's OBJ seem a tad high (11 OBJ)?  Am I missing something here?  This is in LWA's I might add... :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 10:12:48 AM »

The 20mm in the Ki67 is not the same gun as in the Betty. Just FYI. It's like comparing a A6M5 to a A6M2 in the cannon department.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 03:08:58 PM »
b5n2 5600 damage 1.45 perkies 40 obj. it appears to be all relative ATM no matter what plane. 1 bish 4 rooks no knights/ yes i was a rook.

use formation of 67's or bettys.. more bombs = more damage = more perks

and as snailman points out, be on the low # country.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 03:19:00 PM »
To start with Yes I am farmimg perks for a b29 mission next Tueday.

My issue is I landed 19000 in damage from 4 town centers in Midwar this AM. I was flying b26 formation with the 1000lb' er bomb load. I only landed 3.02 points. In the orange arena last night i was using same plane and bomb load with 9000 and 12000 in damage and was getting 8 and 9 points. Is the midwar arena score for damage different than the LW arenas? If so why? Same plane , same loadout, same risk of getting shot down or missing taget.

Rhino
ki67!
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 05:35:39 PM »
i take betty's up to about 20K with the 4 bomb load - drop 2 on each "big" section of a town - fly to another town and drop the other two.

I always come back with 13 - 20 perks.

:airplane:
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech