Author Topic: how do GV drivers take it?  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: how do GV drivers take it?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 03:18:25 PM »
That's a false assumption... That you can't get kills, you have no skill, so you bomb?

Puh... LEEZ....

:confused:

No newbie's going to go around bombing GVs for name in lights. At worst you used to see them "tag" tanks back when BBs let you kill-steal tanks from other tanks that actually did the damage. That no longer works now.

No, bombing tanks takes more time and skill than the average spawn-camping GVer or the spit-16-flying newbie in a furball. You get less kills, carry less bombs, and have greater chance of getting shot down and never getting a kill than any other method of playing this game.

So the whole "You bombed me, you must suck!! Dont' know how to do anything else?" argument just don't float.

Offline TheflyingElk

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 03:20:21 PM »
I prefer to Bomb Perk tanks......only risk what your willing to loose :aok
You dragged the dead horse into the yard and handed out the bats, sir.

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 03:26:18 PM »

So the whole "You bombed me, you must suck!! Dont' know how to do anything else?" argument just don't float.

Those....are YOUR words, not mine.  Please re-read and inwardly digest.

BTW:  When's the last time you played?

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 03:28:25 PM »
i dont bomb tanks i gun them with il2 or hurricane d .. bonus = dont need ords to be up.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 03:29:56 PM »
I will bomb tanks trying to storm or capture a base and they are getting too close for comfort (if there are no friendly GV's to defend).

I will also bomb spawn campers to break the camp if it is thwarting a capture attempt.

Otherwise, I will leave them alone to beat the crap out of each other.

Anti-aircraft GV's?

Bomb.  Every time.

They are not there for a tank battle.

Bombing in tank town?  Kinda lame, just as is spawning a flackpanzer under a furball,  but easily fixed by someone upping an Osti or Whirble.  

I will though, from time to time, take a fighter to tank town just to kill the griefers with bombs.

Bombing GV's just because you can is kinda lame, but hey, I pay my $15 and so does everyone else.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 04:43:23 PM »
Just part of the game. Irritating in the same way getting shot down is irritating.

Tanks are targets. This is an air combat game, after all. It ain't called Aces Low.

I don't bomb tanks at Tank Town, though, unless someone's trying to take bases there. But if you're close enough to take down field ack or town buildings, you can expect the enemy to take you out by the most efficient means at his disposal, which is usually bombing.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 04:44:31 PM »
There's also a second stereotype where some new guy finds sees so many other players landing scalps and they cant do it in a gv or in a turn-fight so they resort to upping in a heavy pony or jug and goes over to some gv fight and eggs the tanks and dump rockets on the thin skinned gv's and then scalded-dog runs home to the nearest base to land scalps-get name in lights.

Seemed pretty clear to me, ROX...

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 04:46:46 PM »
I expect to have someone trying to kill me at all times.  So when it happens it is no surprise.  You bomb my GV, I'll be back in a fighter to kill you.  Rinse and repeat.  So come bomb me anytime! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 04:53:14 PM »
Good lord.    :rolleyes:

Compared to putting in the time and effort to learn ACM (much less SA) in a plane to be succesful at it...

Compared to putting in the time and effort to learn the different gvs, gv ranging, gv SA, and gv gunnery on specific gv places and be succesful at it...

For a frustrated relative newcomer, climbing in to a heavy pony or jug and divebombing a couple of gv's is the fastest road to getting kills and their name in lights.

Ya know, if ya played more than 8 or 9 or even 16 hours a tour you'd see it happening enough with your own eyes-- instead of stating hands down that it doesn't exist.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 05:22:16 PM »
I expect to have someone trying to kill me at all times.  So when it happens it is no surprise.  You bomb my GV, I'll be back in a fighter to kill you.  Rinse and repeat.  So come bomb me anytime! :aok

Thats exactly why you SHOULD bomb GVs.  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 05:46:54 PM »
GVs attacking an airfield or town, especially if the VH has been taken down, eggs all the way.

GV fight between 2 Vbases? Leave them the F alone. Bring a fighter and kill the bomb****s who are trying to grief the tankers.

Rediculously camped spawn, however..... 2 eggs, order UP!
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline wojo71

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 07:34:37 PM »
      Before you roll on a base you drop ords, and bring a friend in a wirble  its that simple. 
 Sometimes we leave the ords up so they keep uping and we can work on the  ole wirble/osty  skills, it's all good you just have to plan ahead.
 Just like in real life you have to have a balanced force involved in the attack. :salute
LTARwojo        
Proud father of a U.S. Marine....Proud grandson of Lt Col Hamel Goodin (ret)   B-17 pilot. 305th BG /364th SQD

Offline aamack

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2011, 07:41:27 PM »
If you bomb me in a GV, I'll call you a bomb****. If I get too P.O.'d I'll try to shoot you down. Kill my VH I'll bomb you're GV's. C'est l'guerre.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011, 07:46:12 PM »
I just wish they didnt whistle at me before killing me.  I find it rude.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2011, 07:52:36 PM »
Good lord.    :rolleyes:

Compared to putting in the time and effort to learn ACM (much less SA) in a plane to be succesful at it...

Compared to putting in the time and effort to learn the different gvs, gv ranging, gv SA, and gv gunnery on specific gv places and be succesful at it...

For a frustrated relative newcomer, climbing in to a heavy pony or jug and divebombing a couple of gv's is the fastest road to getting kills and their name in lights.

Ya know, if ya played more than 8 or 9 or even 16 hours a tour you'd see it happening enough with your own eyes-- instead of stating hands down that it doesn't exist.

LOL, looking up my stats and trying to use that against me?

Fail.

Your claim to know how newbies operate is also a fail. Dive bombing, actually hitting your target, and pulling out (i.e. not augering) isn't quite that easy, as evidenced by all the NEWBIES plowing in on their dive runs and missing by miles.

And if you actually fought more you'd see it takes no skill to blast into a furball with an La7 or spit16 and rack up 2 kills, even if you have no SA or no skill. Die, reup, rinse, repeat. And it's way faster, more gratifying, and easier than trying to dive bomb GVs at a specific area.