Author Topic: Funny Search Results on Forum: "BS Players"  (Read 439 times)

Offline Warty

• Copper Member
Funny Search Results on Forum: "BS Players"
« on: March 06, 2011, 10:33:35 AM »
I was looking to find some old WBs buddies, and searched for "former WBs players" (without the quotes). The forum suggested perhaps I meant to search for "BS Players"? hehe.

I think I still miss WBs 1.11. I played up through 2.something, but never liked 2.x as much as 1.11. Nice to flying again after all these years :)

Offline Smkn

• Zinc Member
Re: Funny Search Results on Forum: "BS Players"
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 08:53:18 PM »
Was in the 100th (H)BG back in my Warbirds days. I remember buying the various versions in it's own box at computer software stores.

Was -smkn- back then. Ahh, fun memories of the 100th doing manual gunner's only missions.

Normally you had otto's AI firing all your guns in your solo bomber, but if you gunned yourself, or had a squady gun for you, it didn't show tracers. (You still saw YOUR own tracers, but the attacking aircraft didn't have any idea what was firing at him until he heard strikes.

The 100th would do "mass" missions of 4-5 bombers, each with it's own gunner. Was a hoot watching attacking aircraft just saddle up, and thinking nothing was firing at him. Right until he exploded, or lost a wing.....   :)

Ahhh, memories... even competed in a youngguns vs oldpros event they had one time. Jebus... I musta been 15 or so then... how times flies.

Smkn