Author Topic: Marlboro Ranch  (Read 12188 times)

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Marlboro Ranch
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2011, 07:19:00 PM »
Sorry dude, it's what we do.

-Penguin

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2011, 07:31:01 PM »
*sigh*

Look all you anti smoking guys.  I worked with PM for two years and they were two of the greatest years of my professional life.  Funniest thing is the lady who supervised me for those two years did NOT smoke and neither did I.  In fact we thought it was funny as hell to walk into a hotel decked out in our Marlboro gear, go to check in, and when asked if we wanted a smoking or non smoking room to tell the clerk 'non' (some of the looks were priceless).  

We were very sternly warned not to distribute promotional material to anybody under 21 and to always do our best to portray the company in a positive way.  I honestly do not think it was a psy op to try to encourage people to smoke any more than Coors does psy ops to get people to drink.

Is tobacco harmful? Sure it is.  The potential risks are up to an individual to judge.  If I wind up with cancer because I've chosen to dip all these years then, well, it sucks to be me.  You wont see me trying to sue the tobacco companies any more than you'll see me trying to sue Ford because my Mustang went out of control because I was driving poorly.  The difference is Ford can market a potentially harmful product on television and radio whereas the tobacco companies can not.  There's a difference between marketing a product that is obviously 'unsafe' versus one that 'results vary from individual to individual'.  Funny all of the drug companies can run TV ads that say 'ask your doctor about (insert crutch drug here)' and very few people squawk.  But oh my God cigarettes are Satan sticks.

I'd say 95% of the smokers I know are well aware that I'm seriously allergic to cigarette smoke and don't do it within breathing range of me.  All I have to do is let them know and it's no problem for them.  It's up to me to put myself in an environment where I don't have a say these days.  Frankly it is my position that attempting to ban smoking from nightclubs and bars is ludicrous.

In my position and knowing being in that environment might make me sick for a few days would make me an idiot for going to one.  

I make choices and if the results suck then it sucks to be me.  

Back to the OP's post.

Glad you had a good time man <S>
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2011, 08:21:24 PM »
Problem is tabbacco is as lethal as a bullet in your head.  The only difference is that it happens so slowly you do not (want to) realize it.  So sombody posting pix at a ranch held buy a known killer of millions is a bit leud.  I cant post pix of an alligator killing a stupid golfer but He can post of a ranch sponsored by a company that kills millions per year.

As far as the argument for "nobody made you do it....?"  Nobody when I was growing up said "dont do it".  When I was growing up my dad smoked in the house, in the car and in the plane.  Now I smoke too.  I wish that smokes were never around.  They make arsenic and cold medicine hard to get, but because of the large donations that tobbacco companies make they can push poison all day long.  Jeezus half the crap you smoke in a ciggy they do not allow in a toxic waste dump.

Don't expect sympathy or kind regards to your vacation.  Montana is great.  I'm moving there in a couple of months. You post that crap here and chances are that sombody knows several people killed buy these sacks.  Your posting pix that remind alot of people about the deaths of their loved ones that were lied to.
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2011, 09:06:37 PM »
Problem is tabbacco is as lethal as a bullet in your head.  The only difference is that it happens so slowly you do not (want to) realize it.  So sombody posting pix at a ranch held buy a known killer of millions is a bit leud.  I cant post pix of an alligator killing a stupid golfer but He can post of a ranch sponsored by a company that kills millions per year.

As far as the argument for "nobody made you do it....?"  Nobody when I was growing up said "dont do it".  When I was growing up my dad smoked in the house, in the car and in the plane.  Now I smoke too.  I wish that smokes were never around.  They make arsenic and cold medicine hard to get, but because of the large donations that tobbacco companies make they can push poison all day long.  Jeezus half the crap you smoke in a ciggy they do not allow in a toxic waste dump.

Don't expect sympathy or kind regards to your vacation.  Montana is great.  I'm moving there in a couple of months. You post that crap here and chances are that sombody knows several people killed buy these sacks.  Your posting pix that remind alot of people about the deaths of their loved ones that were lied to.

Impressive array of excuses.

Now I'm going to light another one up without any.

Later, I'll light up again without dictating to you how to live your life.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2011, 09:13:43 PM »
Impressive array of excuses.

Now I'm going to light another one up without any.

Later, I'll light up again without dictating to you how to live your life.

*loads up another lipfull of RedSeal...

So what do you think of this years draft picks?
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2011, 02:56:31 AM »
I don't know if you answered this already or not, but are you one of the people who won a trip there, I know that with some of the contest Marlboro does every year that they give away trips to the ranch, so I was just wondering if your one of those people who won?

I've won some cool stuff from them over the years, but nothing as cool as that.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2011, 02:58:35 AM »

OMG man, get over it, it's a cool trip to what looks like an amazing ranch, you don't like it then don't look at the pictures, it's that easy.

Do you go into the threads on here people post about beer, you know thats a killer too, but I bet you keep your opinion to yourself when it comes to alcohol right?

Same goes for the others in this thread who are stating the same points about smoking as his post, I take it none of you drink any kind of alcohol & feel the same about it as you do about tobacco, because we all know the health risk that are associated with it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 03:11:05 AM by trax1 »
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline mcboi

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2011, 06:29:50 AM »
man i gotta love all the different takes on this  :rofl all i did was post a few pics of how much fun i had. I had no intention of telling people to go out and smoke, hell the whole time i was @ the Ranch there was not even one seminar about how great smoking was or to go out and spam your friends with how cool smoking was, so you could wind up @ the ranch. I even asked the people that worked there why none of the gear we got had the Marlboro logo on it, and their response was they didnt feel promoting tobacco use was good. I think the majority of us that smoke are old enough to decide what we want to do without all the statistics,static, and BS that the non-smokers give us. in case many forgot tobacco was one of the leading crops that got this country started way back when..... just sayin. Oh and i ride a motorcycle too so i guess that was another dumb mistake on my part, stupid bad-ass Kawasaki commercials on TV they need to be banned!!

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2011, 06:49:04 AM »
I may be wrong but don't you go to the marlboro ranch for turning in little coupons found on the packs?
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2011, 07:10:50 AM »
I may be wrong but don't you go to the marlboro ranch for turning in little coupons found on the packs?
They don't do the Marlboro miles thing anymore, now you get to win things off their website, they have different contest you can enter to win prizes throughout the year.  I've won some decent stuff on there, like I've won 2 Coleman camping chairs that were like $70 retail each, I won some Ipod docking speakers, a set of earbuds, a really nice domino's set in a leather case, a really nice silver cigarette case for my wife, a $200 Cannon digital camera, a Carhartt jacket & just a bunch of other cool stuff, and none of the stuff even has a Marlboro logo on it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:12:41 AM by trax1 »

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2011, 08:50:45 AM »
You'll have to take down some of those pictures since they don't show anyone smoking in some of them.  The ones where everyone has a smoke are cool though.  Makes me want to go out and spend a lot of money on those sweet sweet sticks of lingering death.

Really, it does.  Can't have fun skiing without a marlboro in your hand!

I ought to send my Mom up there.  She has moderate smoking-induced emphysema and is addicted so bad she can't quit, but maybe the clean air up at the ranch will let her keep smoking a few more years before her lungs quit functioning completely.  We're looking forward to having to sell the house to pay her continuing medical care, stuff like supplemental oxygen, special beds, allergy treatment stuff since a good allergy attack would probably kill her, etc., but a smoking ranch, that would be just the thing.

E,agle my pops is a heavy smoker, the best he can do is use a 'cig holder' that contains a filter, and he cuts the cigs in half so he smokes less.

Great looking place, how much is the stay normally?
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2011, 09:56:29 AM »
man i gotta love all the different takes on this  :rofl all i did was post a few pics of how much fun i had. I had no intention of telling people to go out and smoke, hell the whole time i was @ the Ranch there was not even one seminar about how great smoking was or to go out and spam your friends with how cool smoking was, so you could wind up @ the ranch. I even asked the people that worked there why none of the gear we got had the Marlboro logo on it, and their response was they didnt feel promoting tobacco use was good. I think the majority of us that smoke are old enough to decide what we want to do without all the statistics,static, and BS that the non-smokers give us. in case many forgot tobacco was one of the leading crops that got this country started way back when..... just sayin. Oh and i ride a motorcycle too so i guess that was another dumb mistake on my part, stupid bad-ass Kawasaki commercials on TV they need to be banned!!

Smoking means death, an excruciating and slow death.  You know this, however, you cannot admit to yourself that you've made a mistake in becoming an addict.  Don't kid yourself, you are a drug addict- it's why people keep doing methamphetamine even when they see it eating their faces.  There are many, many places which can help you with your addiction; go there, and get some help.

-Penguin

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2011, 10:04:49 AM »
Smoking means death, an excruciating and slow death.  
-Penguin

^^^myth - it affects some that way, but others it does not

3  of my Grandpas / Great Grandpas lived into their late 80's early 90's smoking since they were 11 to 14 yrs old...and at 75 to 80 yrs old they could work circles around a young 25 yr old who didn't smoke.....

for some people smoking can cause health issues, am not denying that..... but smoking affects each individual differently

some get cpod
some get emphysema
some get lung cancer
some get heart disease

some live just fine and do not have any problems due to smoking

cigarettes and humans collide when the person's genetic makeup does not accept what cigarettes put into the body

nuff said
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:08:15 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2011, 10:17:09 AM »
Smoking means death, an excruciating and slow death.  You know this, however, you cannot admit to yourself that you've made a mistake in becoming an addict.  Don't kid yourself, you are a drug addict- it's why people keep doing methamphetamine even when they see it eating their faces.  There are many, many places which can help you with your addiction; go there, and get some help.

-Penguin

my grandpop smoked like a chimney. he was fine till he quit. he died at 87 from Alzheimers.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2011, 10:44:09 AM »
Problem is tabbacco is as lethal as a bullet in your head.  

I wouldn't go that far. Some folks never get cancer from it, even though it does affect lung efficiency. Some may be more susceptible to being sick. Then there is George Burns. :D

Smoking is by far not the only thing out there that can shorten your life. As mentioned, many sports, hobbies, and such can too. None are required to live a good life but we all make our own choices. Some have the ability to shorten the lives of others around us too. Not just smoking..... street racing, drinking and driving, etc.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:46:24 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)