Author Topic: how do you view  (Read 693 times)

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
how do you view
« on: March 06, 2011, 01:19:56 PM »
how do u view videos that ppl post on mediafire? it says windows cant open this file help i have a RAR file
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: how do you view
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 01:47:18 PM »
sounds like you need something to open compressed files...winzip, jzip...or the like

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 01:49:27 PM »
It depends on the file type you're trying to open.  If it's RAR file (which is a compression system) you will need WINRAR to open the archive and extract the actual video.  If it's an .ahf file you can view it in the Aces High film viewer (which should be located in the same directory as the game executable).
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 05:04:27 PM »
ExtractFrog is free.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 04:48:58 PM »
how do u view videos that ppl post on mediafire? it says windows cant open this file help i have a RAR file
<?

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 05:01:51 PM »
ExtractFrog is free.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 05:11:55 PM »
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »
I HAVE A RAR!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 06:18:50 PM »
So what your saying is you have an extractor program like "WinRar" or some other one correct?

If so, extract the file to a place you can find, desktop, "my documents" where ever. After it has extracted go to start, programs/AcesHighII/AcesHighII film viewer. Once the viewer opens, in the top corner click file,open. When that window opens click the "browse" button and browse to where ever you save the extracted file. Double click it and it should start.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 07:05:35 PM »
ExtractFrog is free.

http://download.cnet.com/Free-RAR-Extract-Frog/3000-2250_4-10804840.html

I'll assume you already know how to download and install programs.

RAR files are a popular compression format, and this free extractor offers reliable service with a skinnable interface.

Free RAR Extract Frog is oddly named, but it performs well in extracting RAR files. The interface is simply a large pane with a large illustration of a frog. However, you can change the graphic simply by dragging and dropping a JPEG or other graphics file into the pane. The interface includes four other tabs: About, Links, Thanks, and Appreciation. All but the Links tab offers obvious items related to the application itself. It holds links to freeware and wallpapers that have no clear relationship to this application.

For its primary function, this tool performed well in our tests. Extracting files was simple: we dragged and dropped a RAR file to the pane, and the tool automatically extracted it and saved it in the same folder as the original compressed file. RAR Extract Frog performed its chores quickly and efficiently.

This tool is simple to use, but it doesn't offer a lot of bells and whistles, so advanced users wanting a feature-laden application may want to give this program a pass. But users wanting a basic extraction tool will find RAR Extract Frog a friendly addition to their tool boxes.[/url]

Rebel - Inactive
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 07:56:00 AM »
So what your saying is you have an extractor program like "WinRar" or some other one correct?

If so, extract the file to a place you can find, desktop, "my documents" where ever. After it has extracted go to start, programs/AcesHighII/AcesHighII film viewer. Once the viewer opens, in the top corner click file,open. When that window opens click the "browse" button and browse to where ever you save the extracted file. Double click it and it should start.
yes ill try

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 04:47:22 PM »
once you extract it just click/double click the file it will open automatically as far as I know