Author Topic: Some wishes  (Read 506 times)

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
Some wishes
« on: March 13, 2011, 12:37:54 PM »
In no particular order….

1) PBY   When spawned from a CV, it spawns in the water. Would carry troops or supplies.
2) Make some of the guns on the ships at the port actually shoot.  Either manned or auto.
3) If a multi-engined  plane has a bombsight, you can only drop bombs from the bombardier's position.
4) Clear off some of the trees at the Vbases.
5) Move the 5” at the ports so they can cover inbound LVTs
6) Color code the lead computing gunsight so you know which bullet stream is which. Tie this into the convergence setting in the hanger.

I won't go into ENY, Arena Caps or Map Rotation.

Flame on
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: Some wishes
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 01:01:46 PM »
1) +1 but what about ords?  Just asking for clarification.

2) +1

3) +/-1  The Ju-88 has the ability to dive bomb.  How would it do this if it can only use it's bomb sight?  What about torpedoes?  The Ju-88, G4M1 and the Ki-67 are multi engined that can carry torpedoes.  Would they be restricted in that?  I am just asking for clarification.  If it doesn't force them to use the bomb sight, then no worries.  But to counter the fact that you can take up the 50kg bombs with torpedoes in the Ju-88, when you select torpedoes it automatically de-selects internal bombs.

4) Unknown

5) +1

6) +1  This could be helpful in the TA.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 02:47:48 PM »

1) -/+ Not sure. Were not PBY's were more "port" based and used for scouting than anything.  Could they even carry enough marines, etc, to make it worth while?
2) +1  Good idea.  Even though those ships are in port, they are still manned with a crew even if it is only partial.
3) +1  I'm sure the "switch" could be turn on/off on a plane by plane basis.  B24's and B17's should NOT be able to dive bomb in any sense. Ju88's, B26's, and a few others yes.
4) +1  I vote for clearing about %50 of the trees from ALL of the maps, not just the V-base.  Too many trees!!!
5) -1  Thing is though, those guns were tasked with hitting ships, not small LVT's.  In most cases those large guns had a minimum range.
6) -1  I vote for staying as true to the real deal as possible.  Learn the plane!   :)   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 08:40:06 PM »
1. +1
2. +1
3. -1 (Volron explained why)
4. -1 Trees are just fine.
5. -1 It's not that easy to take them as it is, I don't see a need of making it harder.
6. I'm not sure if I understand what your asking. Elaborate.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 09:18:04 PM »
6. I'm not sure if I understand what your asking. Elaborate.

I think, he wants eac set of guns to be a different color.

IE: Spit16  20mms to be red and 50 cals to be blue.

I dont like this idea. Ima have to say -1 to all except to the ship guns at ports.

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 10:27:58 PM »

I dont like this idea. Ima have to say -1 to all except to the ship guns at ports.

The tracers or those lines when you set the convergent?

If it's the tracers than no, if it's the convergent lines when I see no reason why not but I'd rather have HTC spend that time on better improvements.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 12:52:40 AM »

You are both wrong, he is talking about the automatic lead sight in the game that is enabled in the training arena. He want's the different crosshairs to be different colors so you can see which gun is going where. (Like where to aim to get the dual 13mm's or the 30mm to get a hit using the 109) It has nothing to do with tracers. Also, it gets a huge thumbsup from me.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 06:32:23 PM »
-1 on #3

some bombers need to serve ground attack roles, B25c for example, bomb n strafe  :old:

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 08:50:00 PM »
Were not PBY's were more "port" based and used for scouting than anything.  Could they even carry enough marines,

While the PBY was used periodically to move personel around the area of operations, it was not used as a troop carrier like the C-47 and other dedicated transport planes were.  Sometimes they were used to drop teams (like the Alamo Scouts, Marine Raiders, etc.) behind enemy lines and to pick up downed airmen and sailors but that's about it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 09:04:42 PM »
#6 helpful in the TA, but as far as I remember (major end of day brainfade) mixed ballistics are always straight forward: the slower the round, the larger the LCS crosshair's lead.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you