Author Topic: Kids  (Read 3713 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Kids
« Reply #195 on: March 07, 2011, 06:08:45 PM »
That's silly.  She's not willing to wait 20 minutes for me to get to her, she has more important things to do.

Really?  And the main topic of the discussion for so many pages was about discipline?  This is what we should have been discussing!
Tours 86 - 296

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #196 on: March 07, 2011, 06:22:40 PM »
That's silly.  She's not willing to wait 20 minutes for me to get to her, she has more important things to do.  Also, how would I know whether or not to walk home, she could be 2 minutes or two hours away for all I know. 

This isn't an emergency, this is routine.

-Penguin 

nothing is more important to a mother than her son. or at least it should be that way.

how to know when to walk? pretty easy. plan. plan. plan.

mom? can you pick me up at the bus stop today?  sorry kiddo......can't today.   ok mom,......i'll just walk then.

kinda simple, eh?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #197 on: March 07, 2011, 07:25:10 PM »
nothing is more important to a mother than her son. or at least it should be that way.

how to know when to walk? pretty easy. plan. plan. plan.

mom? can you pick me up at the bus stop today?  sorry kiddo......can't today.   ok mom,......i'll just walk then.

kinda simple, eh?

More like-

"Mom, would you please pick me up from school at around 16:30 to 17:00?"
"I don't know, there may be a consult that I have to do"

She has more important things to do: keep track of people's hormones, if she doesn't they die.  I also have a younger brother, who has CCD (I fought that decision tooth and nail) and after-school (if she picks him up late three times, he can't go there anymore).

I cannot plan, each day is vastly different, and we run a tight schedule.  I applaud my mom for all the work she does to keep a roof above our heads and continue what has been her passion (although I wish she could have joined Doctors without Borders- that's been her biggest dream).

Both my parents get home late, and my mom has to work on her "days off" as well, she has to buy groceries, do paperwork for her private practice, clean, and a myriad of things that keep our household together. By the way, she runs her own practice, which results in quite a bit of work.

-Penguin

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #198 on: March 08, 2011, 12:06:20 AM »
[quote
     Human beings are animals
     Children are human beings
     Therefore, children are also animals
[/quote]

Little of topic.
Something to consider with the above logic. It is also the logical fallacy of begging the question.

In order to make the statement all human beings are animals you have to already know that children are animals because they are human. Therefore the conclusion contains no new information.  Anyway this is meant in good faith to help sharpen your informal logic skills. I have great respect to your willingness to put forward an idea on bbs, and to learn from it. Just remember when thinking logically bad input = bad output. And this form of begging is so pervasive because it is a syllogism that models a way human minds habitually operate. ( connecting the lines so to speak) and has a valid form.
 :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #199 on: March 08, 2011, 08:20:14 AM »
More like-

She has more important things to do: keep track of people's hormones, if she doesn't they die.  I also have a younger brother, who has CCD (I fought that decision tooth and nail) and after-school (if she picks him up late three times, he can't go there anymore).

I cannot plan, each day is vastly different, and we run a tight schedule.  I applaud my mom for all the work she does to keep a roof above our heads and continue what has been her passion (although I wish she could have joined Doctors without Borders- that's been her biggest dream).

Both my parents get home late, and my mom has to work on her "days off" as well, she has to buy groceries, do paperwork for her private practice, clean, and a myriad of things that keep our household together. By the way, she runs her own practice, which results in quite a bit of work.

-Penguin

how can each day in school be different? besides the weather?

you're so full of excuses, that you might actually learn something, should you put forth the same effort to learn.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #200 on: March 08, 2011, 08:51:25 AM »
More like-

-Penguin

You cant take a bus?
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #201 on: March 08, 2011, 09:51:42 AM »
how can each day in school be different? besides the weather?

you're so full of excuses, that you might actually learn something, should you put forth the same effort to learn.

For instance, some days practice takes 1 hour, sometimes it takes 2 hours.  Sometimes my mom is stuck in traffic, sometimes the roads are clear.  There is also no reason for me not to have it, the only annoyance is that the raised buttons make it turn on if set my backpack down the wrong way.

What is there to learn?  I can't read my coaches mind, and I can't know how long it'll take for me to do my lifting (it's faster when I'm alone, but sometimes there are people to talk to).  There are four variables which change daily, it's too much to ask of my mom to wait an hour if I get it wrong.

-Penguin