Author Topic: *cries* 12 B29's lost due to.....  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
*cries* 12 B29's lost due to.....
« on: March 09, 2011, 03:16:27 AM »
....game crashes or computer crashes. Not more than 5 minutes ago I was on my way home after an hour long mission bombing numerous bases when all of a sudden *DONK* "Aces High has encountered an error and needs to close"  :cry :cry This is the second time Aces High has crashed while I was heading home after a LONG B29 mission.

Since the B29's have come out I've flown 7 sorties, so far 4 have ended due to computer problems. One BSOD, two Aces High WSODs, and one loss of internet connection. Twelve hundred bomber perks lost.  :cry  I've waited about 8 years to see this bird added to the game and when it finally it comes I can't even enjoy it.  :cry

Silat hold me.... :cry   :uhoh   :D

I now believe the rumors that perk planes are cursed. Well back to flying my dweeby, easy mode B25.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: *cries* 12 B29's lost due to.....
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 03:17:47 AM »
look at the bright side of things.  i guy upped 3 of them in front of my b26's he got disco'd withing 10 seconds.  didnt even have time to see the name :)

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 07:09:39 AM »
Most disco/program failures are on the local side of things, or your ISP.  

When was the last time you cleaned up your computer?  Did a virus scan?  ran a malware program?  Defrag'd your HD?  How many films and screenshots do you have in the AH folder?

Any of those things that slow down your computer can screw the game.  Too many screenshots in your AH folder with cause the game to crash..... I learned that one the hard way.  (Thank you Fugi for telling me sir)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:24:50 AM by LLogann »
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 08:16:51 AM »
I saw some of those b29s explode and typed it on 200.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 08:19:47 AM »
Same here with 262s. For a week, every time i upped a 262, the game crashed.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 09:33:58 AM »
This is why I absolutely refuse to fly perk planes anymore. It NEVER(and i do mean NEVER) fails that I either disco or the game crashes when i'm in a perk plane.  :cry  :cry

Oh well back to flying my spixteen!!! i R tEh UbEr SpIt DwEeB!!!!!!!!!!!!!
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 09:35:41 AM »
Unlucky  :eek:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 12:49:04 PM »
I have also lost several to discos as well as other perk rides.   :mad:  I have been having cox cable trouble that they "continue to claim its not them".....  :rolleyes:

I propose HT deposit a one time amount of 1000 bomber perks to every persons account in the game as a way of saying thank you for your continued support and being a dedicated and valued customer.   ;)

:aok
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:57:52 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 12:51:20 PM »
Does it happen that often on other long bomber flights or if the game has been running for the same length of time?  ie does the problem seem to be linked to the B-29? or do you think you may just notice it more because perks are lost.  If it seems to be B-29 specific then you can start looking at things like custom sound packs or something like that.

Couldn't hurt to shoot an email over to Skuzzy with a DXDIAG report or something.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 12:55:49 PM »
Lol, you think all you guys loosing B-29's is by disco? those are SAM's disguised as V2's taking you all out, they literally shoot you out of the game, didnt you see them in HiTechs hangar????  :lol
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 02:49:25 PM »
Come to think of it I haven't cleaned out my AH folder in awhile, I don't have that many screenshots but I know I'm pushing 150 films. I keep meaning to clean it out and then I get lazy.  :lol

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 03:02:03 PM »
How many of y'all who crash in perk rides use custom sound packs?
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 03:10:52 PM »
all my b29's loses about 6 of them have been due to vox.  I hear somebody transmitting then poof my game crashes.  the crashing part dont bother me, i got used to it being "my computer's faul  :rolleyes:"  what really gets me upset is that all the crashes have happened over 20k.  30 min of flying for nothing  :rofl.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 03:17:57 PM »
Most of my disco's are on the longer bombing missions and they are 100% my fault. I'll alt-tab and watch an in-flight movie and play flash games while I climb. I click on Aces High again and there's a white screen. Oh well  :(

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 03:31:21 PM »
Well it just sucks to fly so far and risking a lot of perks that you might get shot down and in the end you still lose through no fault of your own. But hey that's life, all I can do is take off again when I get time and try the mission again, after all those bomber perks I have won't be doing anything else.